U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Interference Random Movie Talk (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/interference-random-movie-talk-179162.html)

LMP 08-19-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lancemc
Also, I'm only seeing Balls of Fury because of the guy from Reno 911. I fucking love him.
Plus it's got Lo Pan, Terry Crews (the ridiculously built black guy), and Walken.

Written/directed by Reno 911! guys, too. Sounds like a win.

No spoken words 08-19-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I think Ferrell's characters in all 4 of the movies I mentioned are different, but that's just me.

Shoot 'Em Up is going to own all types of ass, I hear Beav has a cameo as a the guy who bangs Monica Belluci.

And Jimmy Fallon's terrible, he's going to take over Late Night when Conan leaves for The Tonight Show. :|

https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ies/monica.jpg

No spoken words 08-19-2007 12:17 PM

Clive Owen is my favorite current actor, so I am hoping Shoot Em Up will be good...but, the trailer didn't do much for me, so, I'm lowering my expectations.

Have you guys seen Croupier with Owen? If not, do so.

LMP 08-19-2007 01:18 PM

I shall check it out, good sir.

My first Clive Owen experience was with Children of Men, maybe one of the best movies I have ever seen.

No spoken words 08-19-2007 02:26 PM

YLB's location, FTW.

corianderstem 08-19-2007 04:16 PM

Re: Interference Random Movie Talk

Quote:

Napoleon Dynamite in on Comedy Central right now. I still can't believe how mediocre this is given its adoring fanbase. Discuss.
God, yes. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd watched it with someone else, but I did not find it funny. At all.

And the weird thing about it? It's funnier in my memory than it was when I watched it.

I have no idea what We Own the Night is supposed to be about, but based on the cast, I'm already interested in it.

I've seen a few trailers for American Gangster, which looks really good.

Today I saw a trailer for The Solomon Brothers, with Will Forte and Will Arnett, and while it will probably end up being completely dumb, the trailer made it look promising.

Lancemc 08-19-2007 04:49 PM

Bros. Solomon probably will be dumb, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

LMP 08-19-2007 04:52 PM

The Brothers Solomon looks dumb, but I love nearly everyone involved.

Lancemc 08-19-2007 05:00 PM

Halo Movie News:

https://www.xboxfamily.com/news%20stories/halo_movie.htm

HALO: The Movie is already filming (Release Summer 08)

Peter Jackson and 20 Century FOX told us all HALO was postponed sue to a lack of interest. No one believed that, but then the movie and all information about it disappeared from everyone's radar. HALO fans, as well as Peter Jackson fans felt let down and couldn't figure out how this project didn't make it.

Flash to E3 2007 where viewers and guests were treated to a trailer showing props that required a lot of work. We were then told it was just a promotional clip for Halo 3. No one asked why there was a LIVE ACTION clip to promote the game? Well XF did. Shortly after E3, images of full size Warthogs started popping up on the net. The public still didn't put 2 and 2 together. Now I know some of you did, but wanted proof to back up your theories.

Put your theories to rest. The movie is already in production. Those Warthogs are from the movie. D.B. Weiss (Lucky Wander Boy) handled the final script with Neill Blomkamp handling directing responsibilities. There really is a reason they came out of New Zealand. Think about it. Halo ... grassy rolling hills ... Peter Jackson? All we've learned so far is that the movie is set for release the Summer of 2008 and is planned to be heavily marketed. Again, this is confirmed. So sit back an relax Halo fans. Your movie is less than a year from being in theaters.

Images of the movie props, that are now confirmed from Halo: The Movie

https://www.xboxfamily.com/news%20sto...Halo_movie.jpg

I no longer know what to believe....:(

corianderstem 08-19-2007 05:01 PM

You should believe that they shouldn't make movies out of video games.

You should strongly believe that.

Lancemc 08-19-2007 05:04 PM

Oh.

I do.

But this could be the exception that proves the rule.

I'm just curious as to what happened to Alex Garland's script which recieved absolutely RAVE early reviews. Hopefully this Weiss fellow is just polishing up Garland's script.

Have you seen Blomkamp's short films? They're on youtube, and they're stellar.

This film should be good. But who the fuck knows with all these contradictory reports going on.

Lila64 08-19-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Shoot 'Em Up is going to own all types of ass, I hear Beav has a cameo as a the guy who bangs Monica Belluci.

:lol:

Quote:

And Jimmy Fallon's terrible, he's going to take over Late Night when Conan leaves for The Tonight Show. :|

I didn't know that :|

Quote:

Originally posted by namkcuR
Ok.

That reminds me....I saw Bourne Ultimatum yesterday(great, great film, far better than Supremacy), and one of the previews was for 'We Own The Night'. That piqued my interest. Mostly because of Joaquin Phoenix. I need to make a thread about him. Living in the shadow of his dead brother, he will go down as one of the most criminally underrated actors of his generation.

I thought Phoenix was great in Gladiator :drool:

Oh, and I never saw Napolean Dynamite :shrug:

LMP 08-19-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Oh.

I do.

But this could be the exception that proves the rule.

I'm just curious as to what happened to Alex Garland's script which recieved absolutely RAVE early reviews. Hopefully this Weiss fellow is just polishing up Garland's script.

Have you seen Blomkamp's short films? They're on youtube, and they're stellar.

This film should be good. But who the fuck knows with all these contradictory reports going on.

The Halo games are as close to cinematic as I've seen in a video game. And Alex Garland's one of the few people I'd trust with anything sci-fi related, the entire Flood element should be fantasitc.

If it comes out in '08, great. If it comes out in '09, still great. I can go see it after Avatar blows my mind out of my skull.

Lancemc 08-19-2007 06:03 PM

Yeah, Halo has quite a remarkable crew behind it already. And hopefully it does come out in 08. Because 09 belongs to Jim.

namkcuR 08-19-2007 06:08 PM

Has there ever been a film-made-out-of-a-video-game that didn't suck?

No spoken words 08-19-2007 06:09 PM

Lance, I worry about you.

How will you cope if Avatar is not awesome?

No spoken words 08-19-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Did you ever see "Kaboom", based on the Atari game? It was fucking awesome. So was "Combat".

Lancemc 08-19-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was actually rather good.

But I think that's the only one.

https://www.spyfilms.com/directors.asp

But here you can watch Blomkamp's shorts if you haven't seen them already. I'd reccomend watching them either way though, because they're so damn good.

"Tempbot" is particularly good, btw.

LMP 08-19-2007 06:13 PM

Apparently, you're not a big Uwe Boll fan.

Neither am I. :wink:

No spoken words 08-19-2007 06:15 PM

I still want to know if Lance will be able to handle things if Avatar disappoints.