U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Interference Random Movie Talk (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/interference-random-movie-talk-179162.html)

elevation2u 08-26-2007 01:49 PM

I could watch Oh Brother Where Art Thou once a week forever, I love it to death.

cobl04 08-27-2007 03:28 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to dislike Ladykillers. I thought that was shit as. Extremely left-field, but the plot was boring as.

elevated_u2_fan 08-27-2007 02:54 PM

This new David Fincher project looks interesting:

Rendezvous with Rama

Plot Outline: A team of astronauts is sent on a mission to explore a giant interstellar spaceship hurtling toward the sun. Based on the novel by Arthur C. Clarke.

Clarke already did this with 2001/2010, etc but it could be something pretty sweet given Fincher's visual style... I always thought Aliens 3 had a great look, too bad the story sucked...

So far Morgan Freeman is the only cast member confirmed which right there is worth the price of admission IMO :drool:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134933/

LMP 08-27-2007 03:05 PM

That's been in the works forever, I hope it goes through.

lazarus 08-27-2007 05:18 PM

I'm still bitter about Fincher leaving the adaptation of The Black Dahlia, one of my favorite books. They wouldn't let him do as thorough a film as he wanted to, so he wound up doing that instead with the Zodiac material. Meanwhile, Brian DePalma takes over Dahlia and makes one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Nice one.

Lancemc 08-27-2007 05:58 PM

That Fincher project is mouth-watering.

LMP 08-27-2007 08:31 PM

Throw some Keanu in there, he can play the huge phallic spaceship going for the sun.

"I know kung fu"

Lancemc 08-27-2007 08:32 PM

"Show me."

LMP 08-27-2007 08:34 PM

David Fincher Presents: "Bill and Ted's Excellent Rendevous with Rama"

Featuring Alex Winter, George Carlin, and Willem Dafoe. Because it's not a movie without Willem Dafoe.

lazarus 08-28-2007 09:05 AM

Anyone see Stardust?

I can't figure out if I'm going to like it. It looks a bit "Willow". When fantasy doesn't work it REALLY doesn't work.

I'm a fan of Neil Gaiman's old comic writing but this seems a long way away.

Worth a $5 matinee? There doesn't seem to be anything else around to see right now.

LMP 08-28-2007 02:01 PM

I don't know, I've heard comparisons to The Princess Bride, which are pretty bold.

Maybe dollar theater/rental.

namkcuR 08-29-2007 02:01 AM

I just watched all three Indiana Jones films for the first time in ten years. I was 13 then, I'm 22 now. They're better now than they were then.

Some of the greatest action sequences in film history truly came from these films...

The boulder run and the car scene from Raiders...

The trap door room and the mine cart race and the bridge destruction from Temple...

The tank sequence from Crusade...

As an aside, I have to say that Kate Capshaw's 'Willie Scott' from Temple Of Doom is my least favorite 'Indy' girl. She just screamed and shreaked and demanded to be rescued the whole time. It really started grating on my nerves after a while. Karen Allen's 'Marion Ravenwood' from Raiders Of The Lost Ark was almost the polar opposite - intelligent, tough, didn't mind fighting for herself, and didn't scream for Indy to rescue her every time she got in trouble. Super sexy. Easily my favorite 'Indy' girl. And it appears that she's going to be in the new one :drool: :drool: :drool:

Finally, I declare 'I should have sent it to the Marx brothers!' one of THE great one-liners in film history. On paper, it isn't THAT funny, but in the context of the film and the scene it's in, and the perfection of Connery and Ford's delivery during that exchange, it was brilliantly hilarious.

LMP 08-30-2007 09:44 PM

I have really high hopes for Indy IV. If it's at least on par with Last Crusade, I'll be happy.

Lancemc 08-30-2007 10:43 PM

Temple of Doom is a pile of shit. I can't even watch it anymore. A lot of it has to do with Capshaw. I can't imagine Indy 4 being any worse that that, so no worries there.

LMP 08-30-2007 10:47 PM

She makes that movie close to unwatchable, but the last 30 minutes are pure gold.

Plus, you gotta love Short Round / The Goonies Kid.

"INDYYY, COVAH YA HAHT! COVAH YA HAHT, INDY!"

Lancemc 08-30-2007 10:51 PM

Nah, he gets old quick too. Temple of Doom truly is the bastard child of the Indy franchise. It has its moments, but they're few and far between. The only really awesome character in that one other than Indy is the crazy Kali-Ma dude.

LMP 08-30-2007 10:52 PM

Does he even have a name until Indy says it on the bridge?

I love the screaming face on his helmet that looks like Whoopi Goldberg.

Ironically, Temple of Doom might've been the Indy movie with the most Lucas influence, I remember reading that somewhere but don't take my word for it.

Lancemc 08-30-2007 10:54 PM

According to imdb the character's name is Mola Ram.

News to me. :shrug:

Lancemc 08-30-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Ironically, Temple of Doom might've been the Indy movie with the most Lucas influence, I remember reading that somewhere but don't take my word for it.

Not surprising of true...loaded with stupid plot points and setpieces that could only come from Lucas' sorry skull.

namkcuR 08-30-2007 11:23 PM

But it does have the mine cart race....that makes up for a lot of the crap.

And I also loved the scene in the trap door room....Indy can't believe how stupid Willie is being, and the way he says 'We. are going. to DIE!' through the hole in the wall is hilarious. And then she finally finds the switch and stops the ceiling from falling, only to back right up into the first switch in a fit of screaming, starting the ceiling falling again. Indy, as usual, gets everyone out by the skin of their teeth, grabbing his hat just as the door slams shut.

It was like something out of a Marx brothers skit.

Deciding between Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade for me is difficult...Last Crusade is a better story with better supporting characters, but Temple Of Doom seems to have more/better action sequences.