U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   General Tour Discussions (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/)
-   -   What would yo ulike to see for U2's next tour? (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/what-would-yo-ulike-to-see-for-u2s-next-tour-170599.html)

BVS 01-08-2007 11:56 AM

He moved a lot on the dates I saw him...

KUEFC09U2 01-09-2007 06:17 AM

i love the way people still bitch about the vertigo tour even though its now over, and i also love how some people want the band to do the same things other bands do.....yes because that would be totally creative wouldnt it

Headache in a Suitcase 01-09-2007 09:40 AM

i'm not bitching... i loved every show i went to on the vertigo tour and wish i could have seen more. and if it's the exact same thing next time, i will go, and i will love every second of it.

but the question is what would you like them to do on the next tour, so answers were given.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 01-09-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
i love the way people still bitch about the vertigo tour even though its now over, and i also love how some people want the band to do the same things other bands do.....yes because that would be totally creative wouldnt it
No one is bitching. They're just giving their opinions on what they'd like to see next time. :shrug:

- Keep the GA, but no lottery. First come, first serve.
- Break out some more oldies (which they did do for Vertigo, lest some people forget)
- Retire Pride, Bullet already :yawn:

elevated_u2_fan 01-09-2007 10:22 AM

I too would like to see the GA go back to the first come, first served basis but I have a feeling random draws will continue :banghead:

I would also agree that they should get over themselves and do a stadium tour in North America again.

Joey788 01-09-2007 11:44 AM

Instead of talking about Africa and the ONE campaign next tour, use visuals instead to explain the situation. While the band plays One, they could have screens show statistics and information about Africa, AIDS, and how to join the ONE campaign. That way, the public becomes informed about the situation without being bored by a 10-minute speech from Bono.

Roland of Gilead 01-09-2007 12:32 PM

Well, after seeing what the band can do about bringing back some real long forgotten gems (and making them sound even better! yes, Electric Co. and One Tree Hill to name a few!), I think the band should always keep this in mind for all of their future tours.

Exit, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire and Two Hearts. And what is left from Boy? It has to be A Day Without Me. I'd love to see/hear a few of these next time.

Cigar 01-09-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
I too would like to see the GA go back to the first come, first served basis but I have a feeling random draws will continue :banghead:

I would also agree that they should get over themselves and do a stadium tour in North America again.

Are U2 "sexy" enough today to do a stadium tour in North America and fille the place?Chicago,Boston,New York yes,but outside those markets?i doubt it.

Chizip 01-09-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
i love the way people can bitch about people bitching even when people arent bitching. that takes talent :up:

U2lunatic 01-09-2007 04:23 PM

They must have absolutely different stage, and no big back screens like on their last tours,

POP encore with Gone and LNOE :drool:
Play more songs from new album(7 or 8), not like on vertigo tour

Axver 01-09-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2lunatic
They did that for most of the tour. It was only really the fifth leg that had less.

The_acrobat 01-09-2007 05:29 PM

Actually, if they would put some effort into Bullet, it wouldn't be that bad. The Vertigo version of Bullet plain sucked. I was watching the Zoo TV version the other night, and that is such a bad ass version. Real effort was put into it.

WOWY also doesn't have to lull. Play it like they played it on Rattle and Hum or don't play it at all. Actually, I saw them on 5/7 in Chicago, they didn't play WOWY, and I didn't even notice it was gone. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty satisfied with the whole show as well, except An Cat Dubh was kind of a dud.

coolian2 01-09-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

They must have absolutely different stage, and no big back screens like on their last tours,

POP encore with Gone and LNOE :drool:

Pop encore without a big screen?

schnumi 01-10-2007 02:50 AM

- More stadium shows
- More european shows and less american
- POP! POP! POP! POP! POP! POP!
- Huge screens with great visuals
- Did i mention POP!.....

U2girl 01-11-2007 06:51 AM

:corn: I wonder how the BIG show and varied setlists on the Utopia tour will be done.

J_NP 01-11-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_acrobat
Actually, if they would put some effort into Bullet, it wouldn't be that bad. The Vertigo version of Bullet plain sucked.

WOWY also doesn't have to lull. Play it like they played it on Rattle and Hum or don't play it at all. Actually, I saw them on 5/7 in Chicago, they didn't play WOWY, and I didn't even notice it was gone. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty satisfied with the whole show as well, except An Cat Dubh was kind of a dud.

Well at least the Vertigo Solo was better than elevation

And wowy was clearly better than Elevation

J_NP 01-11-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Check ur facts , they were doin that

Chicago itself, it got 8 songs off Bomb

They played it 10 from the album on the tour , including Crumbs and Fast Cars

Joey788 01-11-2007 10:21 PM

They should also rearrange some of their classic hits that have been getting a little stale like One and With or Without You. They've sounded pretty similar the last two tours. Some good examples of rearranged or tweaked versions are One from the Miss Sarajevo single with the orchestra and With or Without You from the early Popmart rehearsals. Just make the songs interesting. Note to the band: Acoustic is NOT interesting.

bono_man 01-11-2007 11:11 PM

1. No screens
2. No catwalks
3. Indoor arenas only

Bring the focus back on the music and performance.

U2FanPeter 01-12-2007 12:49 AM

Glastonbury and Coachella