U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Bono on Radio1 On Christmas Day (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/bono-on-radio1-on-christmas-day-170509.html)

pgv 12-18-2006 07:18 PM

Bono on Radio1 On Christmas Day
 
I heard on bbc radio one before that they are airing an interview of Bono by Jo Whiley on christmas day at 7pm. There aren't any details on the website yet (I don't know if the interview will be live or not.. I doubt it.) but on Scott Mills' show they were advertising it as 'a christmas treat for all u2 fans!' :up:

(I had absolutely no idea where to post this thread :lol: )

vaz02 12-18-2006 07:29 PM

Wonder whats going on, you think the interview be Live ?

I wonder if they may announce a new album and tour , sorry im jumping the gun.

susanp6 12-18-2006 08:31 PM

Wow that's really interesting PartyGirl :hyper:

I'll be sat back watching all the soaps at that time at my mum's house so i'll just hope they carry it on the Radio 1 website or it gets posted here :up: :)

Thanks for letting us know! :wink:

vaz02 12-18-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by susanp6
Wow that's really interesting PartyGirl :hyper:

I'll be sat back watching all the soaps at that time at my mum's house so i'll just hope they carry it on the Radio 1 website or it gets posted here :up: :)

Thanks for letting us know! :wink:

emmerdale , cant wait :drool:

u2trinity 12-18-2006 09:25 PM

:hyper: I love Bono's radio interviews !!!

JCOSTER 12-18-2006 10:53 PM

Love his voice.....:drool:

redhotswami 12-19-2006 01:17 AM

finally i have an opportune moment to ask this question!

how can I listen to radio one? i'm in the u.s. what are my options? i'd like to hear this interview too.

Anji 12-19-2006 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by redhotswami
finally i have an opportune moment to ask this question!

how can I listen to radio one? i'm in the u.s. what are my options? i'd like to hear this interview too.

Here's the Radio 1 web page. https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/index.shtml?logo

Normally you can listen to the show live on here. The top is always what is playing now, and there is a listen now button! Hope that helps :wink:

pgv 12-19-2006 12:40 PM

Radio one is the best, redhotswami , you have to listen to it! :up:
I just happened to be listening to scott mills again (my mum shouted me to turn it on because they were playing window in the skies..)
and he said 'christmas day - we have a big treat for all u2 fans, jo whiley having a chat with her bessie bono. believe me its going to be good!'
yet its still not on the website :hmm:

redhotswami 12-19-2006 12:42 PM

Thanks so much Anji & Emma! Now I've got another fun overseas radio station to listen to besides LiveIreland :wink:

Greenlight 12-19-2006 03:00 PM

Thanks Partygirlvox. I don't think Bono has given a solo interview in the UK for ages. What a great Christmas pressie:wink: I checked the RadioTimes website and it contains the following info about the programme:-

It's 30 years since 14 year old Larry Mullen Jr posted a notice on his school bulletin board seeking musicians for a new band. From those modest beginnings, U2 have grown to become one of the most enduring and popular rock acts in the world. In an exclusive Radio 1 interview, Bono reveals the secrets of their success, and chats about the past, present and future.

susanp6 12-19-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vaz02


emmerdale , cant wait :drool:

you mean that or is that sarcasm, i'm wondering :eyebrow: :wink:

pgv 12-19-2006 04:02 PM

Thanks for finding that greenlight!
I'm a big radio one listener, and Bono gave a solo interview to edith bowman on there a while ago. He sounded quite tipsy and I think it was during the Q awards, just before u2 were due to fly out to australia.

susanp6 12-19-2006 04:22 PM

I heard that when Edith was talking to him PG! :yes:

He did sound quite tipsy&yep, he did say they were leaving straight after for Oz :wink: i actually then realised that they'd be up in the sky for Larry's birthday :ohmy:

Greenlight 12-19-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by partygirlvox
Thanks for finding that greenlight!
I'm a big radio one listener, and Bono gave a solo interview to edith bowman on there a while ago. He sounded quite tipsy and I think it was during the Q awards, just before u2 were due to fly out to australia.

Oh I missed that. I can't think when he last did a long solo interview in the UK though that was pre-arranged. :shrug:

pgv 12-19-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by susanp6
I heard that when Edith was talking to him PG! :yes:

He did sound quite tipsy&yep, he did say they were leaving straight after for Oz :wink: i actually then realised that they'd be up in the sky for Larry's birthday :ohmy:

:lol: did you hear when edith said something like 'and i take it you will still be drinking on the plane?'
and bono went 'air ireland all the way!'
I :heart: tipsy bono!

vaz02 12-20-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by susanp6


you mean that or is that sarcasm, i'm wondering :eyebrow: :wink:

Tom king gets whats comming to him , cant wait :drool: :wink:

Galeongirl 12-20-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by partygirlvox


:lol: did you hear when edith said something like 'and i take it you will still be drinking on the plane?'
and bono went 'air ireland all the way!'
I :heart: tipsy bono!


:lol: Something tells me that Bono is a very funny man when he's drunk :wink:

Greenlight, Bono did a short phone interview with radio1 in december last year, to reflect on their achievements with Live8, MPH, One and such :)

pgv 12-20-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Galeongirl



:lol: Something tells me that Bono is a very funny man when he's drunk :wink:

Greenlight, Bono did a short phone interview with radio1 in december last year, to reflect on their achievements with Live8, MPH, One and such :)


Bono seems to come out with the best lines when hes had a few :lol: Have you seen this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMHRyqdbII
I swear he must be tipsy there!

bonocomet 12-20-2006 02:18 PM

or how'bout this one :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ess5h8TYolw

Galeongirl 12-20-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by partygirlvox



Bono seems to come out with the best lines when hes had a few :lol: Have you seen this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMHRyqdbII
I swear he must be tipsy there!

:lol: this one and the airport one both are great!


I wonder what would happen if the plane U2 travels with suddenly didn't have any alcohol aboard.... :lol: PANIIIIIIIIIC in the air!

susanp6 12-20-2006 07:21 PM

yes i think i did hear his comment about Air Ireland PG :lol:

And yes Vaz, i can't wait for Tom King to get what he deserves either, the swine! :mad: :applaud: :giggle: it's gonna be a cracker! :yes:

cobl04 12-20-2006 07:41 PM

Any Aussie fans here know how I can listen? I think ABC is our equivalent of BBC...

Slapnutz 12-20-2006 08:27 PM

Cool. He did a Christmas Eve interivew with Whiley in 96/97. Very funny, and when Radio 1 used to be aimed at a somewhat intelligent audience rather than 13 to 18 year old chavs with Lily Allen posters.

vaz02 12-20-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by susanp6
yes i think i did hear his comment about Air Ireland PG :lol:

And yes Vaz, i can't wait for Tom King to get what he deserves either, the swine! :mad: :applaud: :giggle: it's gonna be a cracker! :yes:

I think charlie stubbs dies in coronation street on Christmas Day too.

good old Tracey.

pgv 12-21-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slapnutz
Cool. He did a Christmas Eve interivew with Whiley in 96/97. Very funny, and when Radio 1 used to be aimed at a somewhat intelligent audience rather than 13 to 18 year old chavs with Lily Allen posters.
Woah dude, thats a bit strong! Yes radio 1 now have ridiculous set lists and hardly any indie/rock bands get played. But it's hardly aimed at 13 to 18 year old chavs.
And excuse me with the generalisation, but I'm by no means chav and I like Lily Allen.

I also like it when jo whiley interviews Bono - they must be friends, because they always seem so at ease with each other. :up:

J_NP 12-24-2006 02:04 PM

Shouldn't it be starting , isn't it already 7pm in London ?

TheQuiet1 12-24-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by J_NP
Shouldn't it be starting , isn't it already 7pm in London ?
Yes it is but it's still Christmas Eve here in the UK; the interview is on Christmas Day. Don't panic- you're not missing anything!

J_NP 12-24-2006 02:19 PM

Oh Right Forgot , Sometimes I think when it's written Xmas day , I think about the celebrating day , which would be 24

Talkin bout any info there , whether will be a u2 show or a only Bono interv ?

TheQuiet1 12-24-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by J_NP

Talkin bout any info there , whether will be a u2 show or a only Bono interv ?

I dunno. Sorry. But if I had to guess I'd say it'd just be a Bono interview.

pgv 12-24-2006 02:55 PM

I think its just a Bono interview. It would be pretty amazing of the bbc to get all four band members into an interview on christmas day!

enajh2 12-24-2006 03:01 PM

He did a phone interview with Zane Lowe on the 6th..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe...shtml?20061206

It's on my pc. I'll sort it out another time :)

Jeffo17 12-25-2006 09:39 AM

Anyone know what time the interview is?

adrball 12-25-2006 09:46 AM

7pm GMT

Jeffo17 12-25-2006 10:09 AM

ok im going to bed now hopefully someone can post a link later so i can listen to it.

hcbiggs2002 12-25-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anji


Here's the Radio 1 web page. https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/index.shtml?logo

Normally you can listen to the show live on here. The top is always what is playing now, and there is a listen now button! Hope that helps :wink:

Hey thanks for this! :up: I just checked the page and it's working perfectly for me!! The possibilities of modern technology never cease to amaze me, to be able to listen any radio station from around the world on your own pc!!! :ohmy:

Now if I can just remember to tune in at the right time! :wink: Hmmm, 7:00 pm GMT that would be about 21:00 here in Finland I think!?! :hmm:

u2trinity 12-25-2006 01:37 PM

Is it posible to download the interview ?

hcbiggs2002 12-25-2006 01:55 PM

Ah, playing one of my favourite Christmas songs, Last Christmas by George Micheal! :wink:

I have no idea how one might download a live radio show, sorry! :shrug:

enajh2 12-25-2006 01:57 PM

I'm recording the MP2 stream from my digital TV card at my parents. My cable-FM recording PC is up in Loughborough :)

Currently George Michael :yuck:

I'll sort out a download link later but the upload will be anything but quick I'm afraid.

lash 12-25-2006 02:01 PM

sweeeeet, i didnt know dr who came back!? and now bono!

hcbiggs2002 12-25-2006 02:01 PM

Yay, it's starting now with 'The Saints are coming'! :hyper:

bayou12780 12-25-2006 02:02 PM

Here, we go... starting with Saints...nice

This is like a setlist party - where's Axver?!!

J_NP 12-25-2006 02:03 PM

Cool Follow from red rocks

hcbiggs2002 12-25-2006 02:03 PM

Ahh, just heard Bono's voice, complaining about the presenter using the word one all the time! :lol:

J_NP 12-25-2006 02:04 PM

It's a U2 special babyyy :drool:

hcbiggs2002 12-25-2006 02:05 PM

Oh yeah, a whole hour!! :drool: :drool:

J_NP 12-25-2006 02:06 PM

And I'm with my ac guitar here following it :drool:

lash 12-25-2006 02:06 PM

is it bone-o or bono? HA!

thelaj 12-25-2006 02:10 PM

Out of Control replete with delicious young Bono vocals haha

J_NP 12-25-2006 02:10 PM

Out of Control :wink:

18 years of Gold :lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com