U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Bono on Radio1 On Christmas Day (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/bono-on-radio1-on-christmas-day-170509.html)

pgv 12-18-2006 07:18 PM

Bono on Radio1 On Christmas Day

I heard on bbc radio one before that they are airing an interview of Bono by Jo Whiley on christmas day at 7pm. There aren't any details on the website yet (I don't know if the interview will be live or not.. I doubt it.) but on Scott Mills' show they were advertising it as 'a christmas treat for all u2 fans!' :up:

(I had absolutely no idea where to post this thread :lol: )

vaz02 12-18-2006 07:29 PM

Wonder whats going on, you think the interview be Live ?

I wonder if they may announce a new album and tour , sorry im jumping the gun.

susanp6 12-18-2006 08:31 PM

Wow that's really interesting PartyGirl :hyper:

I'll be sat back watching all the soaps at that time at my mum's house so i'll just hope they carry it on the Radio 1 website or it gets posted here :up: :)

Thanks for letting us know! :wink:

vaz02 12-18-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by susanp6
Wow that's really interesting PartyGirl :hyper:

I'll be sat back watching all the soaps at that time at my mum's house so i'll just hope they carry it on the Radio 1 website or it gets posted here :up: :)

Thanks for letting us know! :wink:

emmerdale , cant wait :drool:

u2trinity 12-18-2006 09:25 PM

:hyper: I love Bono's radio interviews !!!

JCOSTER 12-18-2006 10:53 PM

Love his voice.....:drool:

redhotswami 12-19-2006 01:17 AM

finally i have an opportune moment to ask this question!

how can I listen to radio one? i'm in the u.s. what are my options? i'd like to hear this interview too.

Anji 12-19-2006 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by redhotswami
finally i have an opportune moment to ask this question!

how can I listen to radio one? i'm in the u.s. what are my options? i'd like to hear this interview too.

Here's the Radio 1 web page. https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/index.shtml?logo

Normally you can listen to the show live on here. The top is always what is playing now, and there is a listen now button! Hope that helps :wink:

pgv 12-19-2006 12:40 PM

Radio one is the best, redhotswami , you have to listen to it! :up:
I just happened to be listening to scott mills again (my mum shouted me to turn it on because they were playing window in the skies..)
and he said 'christmas day - we have a big treat for all u2 fans, jo whiley having a chat with her bessie bono. believe me its going to be good!'
yet its still not on the website :hmm:

redhotswami 12-19-2006 12:42 PM

Thanks so much Anji & Emma! Now I've got another fun overseas radio station to listen to besides LiveIreland :wink:

Greenlight 12-19-2006 03:00 PM

Thanks Partygirlvox. I don't think Bono has given a solo interview in the UK for ages. What a great Christmas pressie:wink: I checked the RadioTimes website and it contains the following info about the programme:-

It's 30 years since 14 year old Larry Mullen Jr posted a notice on his school bulletin board seeking musicians for a new band. From those modest beginnings, U2 have grown to become one of the most enduring and popular rock acts in the world. In an exclusive Radio 1 interview, Bono reveals the secrets of their success, and chats about the past, present and future.

susanp6 12-19-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vaz02

emmerdale , cant wait :drool:

you mean that or is that sarcasm, i'm wondering :eyebrow: :wink:

pgv 12-19-2006 04:02 PM

Thanks for finding that greenlight!
I'm a big radio one listener, and Bono gave a solo interview to edith bowman on there a while ago. He sounded quite tipsy and I think it was during the Q awards, just before u2 were due to fly out to australia.

susanp6 12-19-2006 04:22 PM

I heard that when Edith was talking to him PG! :yes:

He did sound quite tipsy&yep, he did say they were leaving straight after for Oz :wink: i actually then realised that they'd be up in the sky for Larry's birthday :ohmy:

Greenlight 12-19-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by partygirlvox
Thanks for finding that greenlight!
I'm a big radio one listener, and Bono gave a solo interview to edith bowman on there a while ago. He sounded quite tipsy and I think it was during the Q awards, just before u2 were due to fly out to australia.

Oh I missed that. I can't think when he last did a long solo interview in the UK though that was pre-arranged. :shrug:

pgv 12-19-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

I heard that when Edith was talking to him PG! :yes:

He did sound quite tipsy&yep, he did say they were leaving straight after for Oz :wink: i actually then realised that they'd be up in the sky for Larry's birthday :ohmy:

:lol: did you hear when edith said something like 'and i take it you will still be drinking on the plane?'
and bono went 'air ireland all the way!'
I :heart: tipsy bono!

vaz02 12-20-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

you mean that or is that sarcasm, i'm wondering :eyebrow: :wink:

Tom king gets whats comming to him , cant wait :drool: :wink:

Galeongirl 12-20-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by partygirlvox

:lol: did you hear when edith said something like 'and i take it you will still be drinking on the plane?'
and bono went 'air ireland all the way!'
I :heart: tipsy bono!

:lol: Something tells me that Bono is a very funny man when he's drunk :wink:

Greenlight, Bono did a short phone interview with radio1 in december last year, to reflect on their achievements with Live8, MPH, One and such :)

pgv 12-20-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Galeongirl

:lol: Something tells me that Bono is a very funny man when he's drunk :wink:

Greenlight, Bono did a short phone interview with radio1 in december last year, to reflect on their achievements with Live8, MPH, One and such :)

Bono seems to come out with the best lines when hes had a few :lol: Have you seen this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMHRyqdbII
I swear he must be tipsy there!

bonocomet 12-20-2006 02:18 PM

or how'bout this one :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ess5h8TYolw