U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/stop-press-footy-thread-no-666-a-156175.html)

Party Boy 04-17-2006 10:41 AM

Oh.. and Justin Hoyte - on load at Sunderland from Arsenal... just scored against Newcastle!

Sweet Tart 04-17-2006 11:39 AM

manure won but thats ok....we're 3-0 up against everton!!!!! :dancing:

1 point left to go and then we'll be lifting the trophy again!!!

https://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5277...631F868A8C7D54

the rockin edge 04-17-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by babyman

How can you state this, it's amazing.................how can you, MAN UTD fan, hate this bunch of cockerels, come on................:tsk:
Sunderland............... :wink:

It's called frustration, my friend...................I know a lot about, too..................:wink:

they always seem to get points off us :mad: i hope they stay in the championship for a very long time.

yeah, frustration :sigh:

1stepcloser 04-17-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the rockin edge

i do feel the need to point out to you 1step that the hammers game was just about last on motd this week ;)

haha i didn't see it. All the West Ham fans at the BBC must have been off sick that day then i assume.

Party Boy 04-17-2006 01:58 PM

Arsenal -v- Spurs next Saturday morning - winner will get 4th place - going to be a very interesting, nervy game!

roy keane 04-17-2006 03:50 PM

You shuld thank United for a chance to fight for 4th place

Party Boy 04-17-2006 04:06 PM

Nah, we will beat Spurs which would have meant destiny is in our hand.

Of course, we will win CL which will remove any 4th place issues..

1stepcloser 04-17-2006 10:04 PM

watched west brom v bolton earlier this evening. appalling match. no way can i see west brom staying up after that. absolutely toothless up front. and kevin nolan missed from 3 yards out in the last minute of stoppage time.

MissVelvetDress_75 04-18-2006 12:44 AM

:wink:

babyman 04-18-2006 09:46 AM

Adelante Barça! Adelante!!

Milan 0-2 Barcelona

Ronaldinho
Eto'o

Alright

1stepcloser 04-18-2006 01:25 PM

i really hope Barca win. i'd hate to see Milan in a another final. They're so fucking boring.

Final:
Barca Vs Arsenal :drool:

the rockin edge 04-18-2006 02:09 PM

is flamini the arsenal left back now?

if so, it would be fun to watch ronaldinho eat him alive :drool:

i download barca games simply to watch that man play :drool:

1stepcloser 04-18-2006 07:43 PM

AC Milan 0 - 1 Barcelona

Ronaldinho - non-existant for the first 55 minutes of the game, bit of a let down really. Then out of the blue plays one of the best passes i've seen all season over the top of the Milan defence for Guily to bang home with a sweet finish. Good game.

milan were dominant in the first half and gilardino had 2 great chances. Barca were dominant in the 2nd. Ambrosini had a great chance to equalise at the end but snatched at it and put it wide.

Come on arsenal!

babyman 04-19-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1stepcloser
i really hope Barca win. i'd hate to see Milan in a another final. They're so fucking boring.

Final:
Barca Vs Arsenal :drool:

Yeah!! It looks so! :happy:

You know that I'm a very ANTI-MILAN, but what do you mean with boring? The way they play?

Party Boy 04-19-2006 10:31 AM

Flamini has been great for Arsenal at left back. No player has got the better of him at all since he started playing there. However Ashley Cole is playing in a reserve game today and all going well, will be back maybe in time for Spurs this coming weekend, but most likely the 2nd leg in CL next week.

If we do get to the CL final and Cole is fit, he will definitely play.

1stepcloser 04-19-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by babyman

Yeah!! It looks so! :happy:

You know that I'm a very ANTI-MILAN, but what do you mean with boring? The way they play?

yeh although Kaka and Shev do make them look a bit more exciting it must be said.

the rockin edge 04-19-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Party Boy
Flamini has been great for Arsenal at left back. No player has got the better of him at all since he started playing there. However Ashley Cole is playing in a reserve game today and all going well, will be back maybe in time for Spurs this coming weekend, but most likely the 2nd leg in CL next week.

If we do get to the CL final and Cole is fit, he will definitely play.

why did i say the arsenal left back would be marking ronaldinho? :coocoo: sorry about that, it would be the right back or sometimes centerback :der: and however good they have played, especially in europe, they haven't had to defend against anyone like ronaldinho. but then who is like ronaldinho? :drool: Anyone know how long Messi has been injured? since the chelsea game?

that's good that Cole's almost fit, hope it's not to late for England.

Party Boy 04-20-2006 01:13 PM

narrow, tense 1-0 win last night. One foot in the final. It was important that we didnt concede an away goal last night which we didnt, and secondly taking any kind of lead to Spain. 1-0 is not ideal but its better than 2-1. We can always score goals - if we score one in Spain, Villerreal have to score 3 times which I can't see happening.

9 clean sheets in a row - with a back 4 of Eboue, Toure, Senderos and Flamini. Who would have thought it!

1stepcloser 04-20-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Party Boy

9 clean sheets in a row - with a back 4 of Eboue, Toure, Senderos and Flamini. Who would have thought it!

really?

well done. Didn't see that one coming.

the rockin edge 04-20-2006 04:27 PM

that ref at highbury :tsk: pretty boring game i thought, especially the 2nd half.

the squirrel on the pitch did entertain me though :wink: