U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/stop-press-footy-thread-no-666-a-156175.html)

1stepcloser 03-29-2006 01:00 PM

Fabio Capello said after the game that Arsenal were "Lucky".

Juve got played off the park and at the end had two of their clowns sent off. Lukcy, my arse.

Juve were just shit and arsenal were superb.

Party Boy 03-29-2006 01:47 PM

Arsenal made them look like shit.

I do feel sorry for Vieira though.

The king is dead, long live the King - Cesc Fabregas - 18 years old only. King in waiting.

Party Boy 03-29-2006 11:04 PM

Boilk!

1stepcloser 03-30-2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Party Boy

I do feel sorry for Vieira though.

i don't. He gets paid £80,000 a week.

Party Boy 03-30-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1stepcloser

i don't. He gets paid £80,000 a week.

I meant froma footballing point - he didnt want to leave the club and he is Arsenal through and through

the rockin edge 03-30-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Fabio Capello said after the game that Arsenal were "Lucky".

Juve got played off the park and at the end had two of their clowns sent off. Lukcy, my arse.

Juve were just shit and arsenal were superb.

yep

at half time i actually started wanting arsenal to win :ohmy: they were the only ones playing any decent football.

Party Boy 03-30-2006 08:46 PM

Well, dont think Arsenal let Juve play football - kept them busy trying to contain us. Next week will be a tough game though

roy keane 03-31-2006 11:36 AM

Chelsea-out Juve-out That's champions league I love. Great introduction to world cup.

Party Boy 03-31-2006 11:38 AM

Its going to be a summer of great football. Unfortunately I will be working most if it - damm you time difference!!!! :madwife:

1stepcloser 03-31-2006 12:40 PM

The World Cup :drool: :drool: :drool:

the rockin edge 03-31-2006 08:28 PM

yes :drool: :drool: :drool:

Quote:

Originally posted by Party Boy
Next week will be a tough game though
yeah, but Arsenal really should go through.

there's a statistic about teams coming back from a 2 goal loss in the first leg, i don't remember exactly what it was, but the success rate of coming back was low.

that said, an early goal for Juve next week would make for a very interesting match.:wink:

1stepcloser 04-01-2006 11:02 AM

will man united be able to catch chelsea?

:hmm:

roy keane 04-01-2006 12:36 PM

Chelsea has two difficult away maches (Bolton and Newcastle). If United beats them in London,everything is possible.I hope this will end like three years ago when Arsenal was dominant and we took the title.Back then , if you remember it was Bolton that killed Arsenal in the key moment , playing 2:2 with them after 2:0 for Arsenal.Now Chelsea goes to Bolton and if they slip , we are in.

the rockin edge 04-02-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

will man united be able to catch chelsea?

a month ago i was convinced chelsea had won the league, now....not quite sure anymore

the game at bolton yesterday was :drool: sahas finish was sublime.:drool: although i don't understand how fletcher is in the starting line up :tsk:

the arsenal game next weekend should be good.

1stepcloser 04-02-2006 05:54 PM

i saw all the goals from the weekend except for the united goals :grumpy:

fletcher is quite shit to be fair. I don't think he'd even get into the villa team :ohmy:

also united and chelsea still have to play each other. should be interesting.

the rockin edge 04-02-2006 06:37 PM

the 2nd utd goal wasn't spectacular (although it was ruud's 150th for the club), but the finish on the first one:drool: :drool:

here's a link to the 1st utd goal

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=WW4PQXI7

thanks to the people at fbtz.com (of which i am addicted to)

i dunno, villa lost 5-0 yesterday so competition for team spots can't be that hard ;)

but Park was great against westham on wednesday, so i don't understand why he got dropped for fletcher. hope fletchers not in the team against arsenal :no:

Party Boy 04-02-2006 11:09 PM

I think we will give Man U a good game next weekend although it will be first time in years that neither Keane or Vieira will be playing. The intensity of the occasion is probably gone somewhat. Of course, a lot depends on how we get on against Juve on Wednesday. If we get through to the next round, confidence will be high.

the rockin edge 04-02-2006 11:18 PM

i didn't think of the Keane vs Viera thing. Neville can bring some intensity though :wink: who is the arsenal capt now? Henry?

i don't really think arsenal will win at old trafford, their away record is not good this season & uniteds home form is brilliant.

whether arsenal win or lose in Turin it's still an extra game played while united don't play, after the game last week too fatigue might be an issue with some arsenal players. but as far as the result goes you can never tell how that influences the play at the weekend, i remember some of uniteds biggest wins in the league in recent years were right after losing in europe.

i'd expect lots of attacking football at old trafford though from both teams.:drool:

Party Boy 04-03-2006 11:31 AM

Well, the game is on Sunday, so an extra days rest plus if we do get a good result (or avoid getting knocked out) then confidence will be high. We are playing very very well at the moment so it wont be easy for Man U. Although you guys are on a good roll at the moment, your not playing brilliant football.

Be an interesting game though! :)

the rockin edge 04-03-2006 12:53 PM

very interesting indeed :yes:

but i do think the United are playing very well in attack, the amount of chances we create in every game.:drool: