U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/stop-press-footy-thread-no-666-a-156175.html)

Party Boy 03-24-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Holland could do well. they've got some excellent young players such as Heitinga, Castelan, Huntelaar and Kuyt.
And Van Persie (if he can stay fit and stay away from random strange girls..)

the rockin edge 03-24-2006 01:19 PM

yeah, true. i forgot about holland.

of course there's always the chance that holland or argentina don't get out of the group of death.

Party Boy 03-24-2006 01:23 PM

Yeah thats true - also if France put it together, they could also have a great summer. However, there is something not quite clicking with the french team at the moment

the rockin edge 03-24-2006 01:44 PM

yeah, i don't see france doing anything special.

the rockin edge 03-24-2006 04:01 PM

in regard to that guy who guessed the 7-0 scorline correctly.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/4842218.stm

:lol:

Party Boy 03-24-2006 04:06 PM

15 seconds of fame time :)

He will probably beat Lawro though as his predictions are normally 100% wide of the mark

the rockin edge 03-24-2006 04:12 PM

yeah, a couple seasons ago i did predictions and i did as good as lawro. and i wasn't watching any games to see how teams were playing :lol:

Party Boy 03-27-2006 10:10 AM

So tomorrow is the big one - Arsenal - v - Juventus. Gutted I am not there to watch it - be interesting to see the reception Vieira gets, considering some of his recent comments.

I reckon we can beat them.. but its going to be a nervy 90 minutes!

roy keane 03-27-2006 12:04 PM

I never thought this would happen , but I'll be with Arsenal 100%. Juve is the worst thing in football

the rockin edge 03-27-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by roy keane
I never thought this would happen , but I'll be with Arsenal 100%. Juve is the worst thing in football

i'd rather watch Barca & Ronaldinho destroy them in the final.:drool:

Utd 3-0 B'ham :rockon:

that result may make 1step as happy as me.:wink:

1stepcloser 03-27-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the rockin edge

Utd 3-0 B'ham :rockon:

that result may make 1step as happy as me.:wink:

yep i started cheering after 2 minutes when giggs put that free kick in. and i started laughing too. Steve Bruce's face was a picture!

Party Boy 03-27-2006 03:04 PM

Come on West brom! Really need them to beat the scum tonight!

1stepcloser 03-27-2006 04:14 PM

spurs 2 - 1 west brom

baggies keeper gave away a last minute penalty. felt quite sorry for him. plus i hate spurs :madspit:

the rockin edge 03-27-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

spurs 2 - 1 west brom

baggies keeper gave away a last minute penalty. felt quite sorry for him. plus i hate spurs :madspit:

well i don't really like spurs or anything but if they keep arsenal out of the champions league i'll be quite thrilled. :wink:

however from what i've seen of spurs they play some nice looking football now.

that Robbie Keane goal agaisnt rovers the other week was awesome :drool:

Quote:

yep i started cheering after 2 minutes when giggs put that free kick in. and i started laughing too. Steve Bruce's face was a picture!

:yes: giggsy :rockon:

i like Bruce, good Utd defender. but that didn't stop me celebrating the goals:wink:

1stepcloser 03-27-2006 07:44 PM

i'd rather have arsenal as one of the english teams in europe than fucking spurs. the moment they face the likes of ac milan and barcelona they'll capitulate. mark my words :wink:

just to clarify:

1stepcloser's Top 5 Most Hated Teams:
5. Wolverhampton Wanderers - think they're a big team, banging on about how they should be in the prem cos of their history and they have a half decent stadium.
4. Tottenham - think they're a massive club. also i find them annoying too.
3. Chelsea - their financial situation gives them an unfair advantage against every other team. if they want to buy a player, they will. simple as that. and they player really boring football for a team that cost so much money to put together. and they dive and cheat as well.
2. West Ham - the press and media love them to bits. always have their matches shown 1st or 2nd on Match Of The Day even they're playing sunderland. watch the media have a great big wank-fest over them if they reach the FA Cup final, it'll just be "west ham this, west ham that..." :mad: :mad: :mad:..........................................and they copied our kit :wink:
1. Birmingham City - not much to say really. local rivals. most of their fans are baseball hat wearing scum. play rubbish football.

just needed to get that off my chest!

1stepcloser 03-27-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

i'd rather have arsenal as one of the english teams in europe than fucking spurs. the moment they face the likes of ac milan and barcelona they'll capitulate. mark my words :wink:

just to clarify:

1stepcloser's Top 5 Most Hated Teams:
5. Wolverhampton Wanderers - think they're a big team, banging on about how they should be in the prem cos of their history and they have a half decent stadium.
4. Tottenham - think they're a massive club. also i find them annoying too.
3. Chelsea - their financial situation gives them an unfair advantage against every other team. if they want to buy a player, they will. simple as that. and they player really boring football for a team that cost so much money to put together. and they dive and cheat as well.
2. West Ham - the press and media love them to bits. always have their matches shown 1st or 2nd on Match Of The Day even if they're playing sunderland. watch the media have a great big wank-fest over them if they reach the FA Cup final, it'll just be "west ham this, west ham that..." :mad: :mad: :mad:..........................................and they copied our kit :wink:
1. Birmingham City - not much to say really. local rivals. most of their fans are baseball hat wearing scum. play rubbish football.

just needed to get that off my chest!

Party Boy 03-28-2006 08:09 AM

Juve in a few hours. Its going to be excrutiationgly tense. Would love to see Vieira head back to Italy with a losing side, esp as he is harping on about how unambitious Arsenal are.

Come on the gooners!!

Party Boy 03-28-2006 05:07 PM

2-0! Amazing performance again! If we score in Turin next week, Juve will need to score 4.

Come on Arsenal!!

Btw, this forum is a lot quieter than it used to be...

1stepcloser 03-28-2006 05:50 PM

Well done arsenal tonight :applaud:

i hate Juve. Good to see an english team doing well.

Aardvark747 03-29-2006 11:56 AM

Fuckin great result!!