U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Interference Gatherings (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f232/)
-   -   Debut of DESIRE (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f232/debut-of-desire-136458.html)

1tym 08-10-2005 09:40 PM

Debut of DESIRE
 
Hello EVERYone

Hope you can make it to the debut of "DESIRE", So Cal's newest U2 trib to the greatest band in the world! Remnants of "Propaganda" and "Zoo2" have joined forces with some new blood to form DESIRE. We hail from the OC and SD areas and cordially invite you to share the U2 love at a "FREE" outdoor festival show to benefit The Beacon HOuse in San Pedro on Sun Aug 14th. Corner of 10th and Beacon Street San Pedro, Beacon House Block Party. Lots of great other bands as well.

AND DID I MENTION IT WAS "FREE"


:wink: :wink:

DESIRE's set is 12:30 - 1:30

Hope you can make it!

Peace and Love
R-edge

desireU2tribute

U2Scott 08-10-2005 11:13 PM

Desire U2 Tribute in San Pedro
 
Glad to hear you're playing in San Pedro. I'll be there. You're great!

Mr. BAW 08-11-2005 08:47 AM

Hey Rod...good luck dudes! hope we can catch this or another show! and Scott, aren't you the bass player?????

Best wishes to the new crew!

thousandfold 08-11-2005 08:51 AM

Re: Desire U2 Tribute in San Pedro
 
Quote:

Originally posted by U2Scott
Glad to hear you're playing in San Pedro. I'll be there. You're great!
That is so cheesy. "I'll be there!" Of course you will, you're in the band! Your profile even says that you're the bassist in Desire -- now that's just sloppy!

Mr. BAW 08-11-2005 08:55 AM

:lol: but they're good guys.....:wave:

bradyvox 08-11-2005 11:56 AM

...good luck guys! Have a great show!


...but yeah - at least plug your own shows under a pseudonym like Clint or bonodiscofever or porksoda!! :)

mmmmm....soda

Hey Mr. BAW! :wave:

TheEdge U2JT 08-11-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bradyvox
...good luck guys! Have a great show!


...but yeah - at least plug your own shows under a pseudonym like Clint or bonodiscofever or porksoda!! :)

mmmmm....soda

Ah Brady!.... you must be speaking of U2Nation! Yeah....kinda lame!

You crack me up!

BAW... I agree....good guys in this band, just don't try to come off promoting the band as a "fan" of your own band on the board. It like a fake Bono posting as a fan about how great of a fake Bono he is......if you're that good, you would not need to post stuff about yourself....right Joe? Maybe not.


Anyhow, do well guys! We did a few shows for Beacon House last year! I hope you have a great show!

Chas

Adam's Member 08-11-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheEdge U2JT


Ah Brady!.... you must be speaking of U2Nation! Yeah....kinda lame!

You crack me up!

BAW... I agree....good guys in this band, just don't try to come off promoting the band as a "fan" of your own band on the board. It like a fake Bono posting as a fan about how great of a fake Bono he is......if you're that good, you would not need to post stuff about yourself....right Joe? Maybe not.


Anyhow, do well guys! We did a few shows for Beacon House last year! I hope you have a great show!

Chas


hey, I hear the Joshua Tree (L.A.'s Premier U2 Tribute Band) really rocks!!! :lmao:
just kidding guys......haver a great show....knock em dead!

Carek1230 08-11-2005 02:31 PM

Woo Hoo Rich C. is back with the beat! There's room for more in SoCal! Good luck to all youse guys (well most of them anyways) :applaud:

1tym 08-11-2005 03:32 PM

Hey Mr BAW, long time no talk to!--Hope all is well and hope to see you soon

sorry every1, I'll have Bassman cool his jets, would hate to see him the victim of a blanket party--sheesh

Chas, hope that A3 card worked for ya--havent heard, I'm coming to your Pomona show--would love to hear MW


:eyebrow:

anyhow, thanks for words of encouragment folks, nice to be playing again (and btw, RichC rox--hope I can say that) :wink:

P&L
Rod

U2Scott 08-11-2005 05:35 PM

Hey there... sorry I was a Dork! I used to be the bass player for "Desire", but got fired for embarassing the band with a shameless plug for our debut in San Pedro. Apologies to all as I was overcome with enthusiasm. Will make it up to you all by actually tuning my bass prior to the gig. Thanks for the educational "hazing"!

Carek1230 08-11-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1tym
Hey Mr BAW, long time no talk to!--Hope all is well and hope to see you soon

sorry every1, I'll have Bassman cool his jets, would hate to see him the victim of a blanket party--sheesh

Chas, hope that A3 card worked for ya--havent heard, I'm coming to your Pomona show--would love to hear MW


:eyebrow:

anyhow, thanks for words of encouragment folks, nice to be playing again (and btw, RichC rox--hope I can say that) :wink:

P&L
Rod


Rich C. DOES rock! You can say that. I said that. I say that! He doesn't do Interference or email so tell him Karen says hey! Haven't seen him since the Nov. 2004 gig at HRC La Jolla when BBJones filled in for Zoo-2's "Bono".

Hey! They did MW that night with the belly dancer......JT's done MW.....yeah! Chas! Do MW for Rod and for me in Pomona, ok?!!!! :yes:

OK no more hazing. lol

Mr. BAW 08-11-2005 07:02 PM

You see how I work???? I got all of my favorite musicians together to trade quips...where's Gabriel and Clint????????? :lol:

agentmissa 08-11-2005 08:40 PM

U2 loven in SD soon? .... :dreamsoftheday:

Carek1230 08-11-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. BAW
You see how I work???? I got all of my favorite musicians together to trade quips...where's Gabriel and Clint????????? :lol:

Yeah cool, you ROCK, Mr BAW! :up:
Now if you could only get them ALL
to show up at your house, that would
be one HECKUVA show! :dance: :rockon:

Mr. BAW 08-11-2005 08:50 PM

:no: I don't think so :no:

Carek1230 08-11-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. BAW
:no: I don't think so :no:

Baw come on! :applaud:

Carek1230 08-12-2005 10:09 AM

https://yelims3.free.fr/Inclassables/Inclassable24.gif

Carek1230 08-15-2005 10:25 AM

So someone! Anyone! How was the show?

1tym 08-15-2005 08:56 PM

Those of you that made it, thanks for showing up! Nice meeting youse. Got on a little late but once everything got started we had a great time, hope you did as well.

We'll keep you posted on next dates and hope to get some more interference'rs there as well--all about sharing the U2 love

(Carek, RichC says hi! we're working on some Diego dates so may be at venue near you shortly)

anyhow, thanks for the support!

R-edge (Rod)
DesireU2tribute(dot)com

clint 08-16-2005 05:03 AM

IN THE FLESH BABY!!! YEAHHHH!!!

agentmissa 08-16-2005 08:39 AM

San Diego....:drool:

Carek1230 08-16-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1tym
Those of you that made it, thanks for showing up! Nice meeting youse. Got on a little late but once everything got started we had a great time, hope you did as well.

We'll keep you posted on next dates and hope to get some more interference'rs there as well--all about sharing the U2 love

(Carek, RichC says hi! we're working on some Diego dates so may be at venue near you shortly)

anyhow, thanks for the support!

R-edge (Rod)
DesireU2tribute(dot)com


WooHoo! This is great news! Wish I could have made it Sunday but I will look forward to seeing you guys down this way soon!
:laugh:

gvox 08-26-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. BAW
You see how I work???? I got all of my favorite musicians together to trade quips...where's Gabriel and Clint????????? :lol:
Um...hi? Did you mean me?? Not sure what its all about, but here I am anyways!

I thought Clint was that fake person who was boosting their own band?? How did i get lumped that category!! :( :(

G

TheEdge U2JT 08-26-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gabrielvox




I thought Clint was that fake person......

G

Gabriel..... but is Clint more like the Easter Bunny or Santa?

If Clint is a guitar player...then it has to be the Easter Bunny... EB Rocks!

Santa seem like more of a vocal or drum guy!

I don't think anyone was going after you Gabe.... you have never posed as a fan, as far as I know, to pimp your own band.

BTW, if you see a new Interference user named.. ChedgeIsHot with only one post saying how great I am... it's not me :barf:

Mr. BAW 08-26-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gabrielvox


Um...hi? Did you mean me?? Not sure what its all about, but here I am anyways!

I thought Clint was that fake person who was boosting their own band?? How did i get lumped that category!! :( :(

G

I truly meant my favorites...you included,,,I threw Clint in there to be a wise-guy! You're one of the Good-ones, G. You really are....honest.............! :yes:

gvox 08-27-2005 10:49 AM

ah ok lol

Ive been off the blue crack far too long I see ;)

My sense of humour needs re-tuning :wink:

Whats goin on in Cali anyways?? And what's this I hear about you guys not coming up here in September!!! :mad:

G

Mr. BAW 08-27-2005 03:14 PM

Not gonna happen; with the official tour, we've got seats in LA again and the two nights in Las Vegas...

then we've got a week in Oregon for relaxation 9/19 - 23 and then someone close to home is getting married in New York so we'll be there as well in Oct.

Too much!

One of them had to go so it was Toronto...next year! :shrug:

mick3b1g 09-02-2005 03:36 PM

Some day I hope to get over to the west coast and check you guys out. Can we hear some clips on your web site. Those are great pics on your site. Sounds like your gig was alot of fun

Keep rockin

Mick

Carek1230 09-02-2005 04:20 PM

Yeah! Clips of audio and video would be good!

1tym 09-02-2005 09:59 PM

Hey Mick
Glad you liked site, we're recording on the 10th so clips should be up soon thereafter--would love to see UF if I ever get out to the big NYC

anyhow, I think our Bono has been in contact with yours at some point to trade vocal effect tips and tricks--thanks for the assist!

R-Edge

Carek1230 09-03-2005 02:41 PM

:applaud:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com