U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Lauren Bacall disses Tom Cruise (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/lauren-bacall-disses-tom-cruise-135693.html)

U2@NYC 08-02-2005 01:04 PM

Lauren Bacall disses Tom Cruise
 
NEW YORK (AP) -- Lauren Bacall has a few unkind words to say about Tom Cruise.

In an interview in the August 8 issue of Time magazine, now on newsstands, the 80-year-old actress says, "When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise."

"His whole behavior is so shocking," she says. "It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially, but I think it's kind of a sickness."

Bacall was alluding to Cruise's displays of emotion and public courting of Katie Holmes in the weeks leading up to the release of his new film, "War of the Worlds." Cruise and Holmes became engaged in June after he proposed at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Last fall, Bacall made similar remarks about Cruise's ex-wife Nicole Kidman, her co-star in "Birth." While promoting the movie, Bacall became irritated when an interviewer described Kidman as "a legend."

"She's not a legend," Bacall said. "She can't be a legend at whatever age she is. ... You have to be older."

:up:

I'm Ready 08-03-2005 12:22 PM

i thought this thread was gonna be about his religion:(

U2democrat 08-03-2005 03:58 PM

:coocoo:tom cruise:coocoo:

Angela Harlem 08-03-2005 06:39 PM

Lets count the pots and kettles in this one! I heard some news reader wanking on about this, yesterday or today, and they were laughing because Lauren Bacall hardly has the right when she has spent all her working life riding on her husand's success - somethng I'm not too sure I entirely agree with as her film cv is bloody long... Ironically, she mentions Nicole kidman, who I guess it was ok to support a few years ago in "Nicole Kidman: An American Cinematheque Tribute"

Nutty bloody celebs.

Lemonfix 08-03-2005 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Lets count the pots and kettles in this one! I heard some news reader wanking on about this, yesterday or today, and they were laughing because Lauren Bacall hardly has the right when she has spent all her working life riding on her husand's success - somethng I'm not too sure I entirely agree with as her film cv is bloody long... Ironically, she mentions Nicole kidman, who I guess it was ok to support a few years ago in "Nicole Kidman: An American Cinematheque Tribute"

Nutty bloody celebs.

Bacall? Nutty? Just because she was part of a famous hollywood couple means she can't critique TomKat for the very same reasons most of us here think its a weirdo psuedo-relationship? Even if Bacall did become famous because of her marriage to Bogey (who died when she was quite young, by the way), she stayed famous because she's a talented actress.

As for her thoughts on Kidman, there was some controversy a little while back because Bacall said that Kidman should not be considered a "Legend" of film. People turned this into a big hullaballoo, saying there was some kind of catfight going on between the two. In reality, Bacall was saying that Kidman shouldn't be considered a legend because she is still in her 30's and has a whole portion of her career ahead of her. And I quite agree.

Angela Harlem 08-03-2005 09:37 PM

You gleamed all that from me saying celebrities are nutty? Interesting. Anyway, incase anyone else has misunderstood what I was saying, there are some who hold her only as high as her husband's success. Something I said I dont agree with if you care to reread. I'd also never deny someone the right to attack Tom Cruise's relationship, as I happen to think he IS genuinely loopy, or 'nutty' if you will, so Lauren Bacall can knock herself out.

And in the last piece of funny on this, I agree with the 2 of you on Nicole Kidman, but for entirely different reasons as I seem to be one of the very few people around who think she cannot act for shit and therefore will never make legend status.
:wink:

starsgoblue 08-04-2005 06:58 PM

Bacall doesn't take any crap. I like her. :up:

one4u2 08-04-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by starsgoblue
Bacall doesn't take any crap. I like her. :up:
:yes:

xtal 08-04-2005 07:40 PM

Most celebrities have a bit of mental instability. They have some tender and starving egos to feed. They all want to wake up with at least 20,000 people screaming their name.

Lemonfix 08-04-2005 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angela Harlem
You gleamed all that from me saying celebrities are nutty? Interesting. Anyway, incase anyone else has misunderstood what I was saying, there are some who hold her only as high as her husband's success. Something I said I dont agree with if you care to reread. I'd also never deny someone the right to attack Tom Cruise's relationship, as I happen to think he IS genuinely loopy, or 'nutty' if you will, so Lauren Bacall can knock herself out.

And in the last piece of funny on this, I agree with the 2 of you on Nicole Kidman, but for entirely different reasons as I seem to be one of the very few people around who think she cannot act for shit and therefore will never make legend status.
:wink:

Sorry Angela, if I did misread some of your post and took it the wrong way, the "pot calling the kettel black" comment just made me assume that Bacall was being a hypocrite for criticizing TomKat. I was wrong and I apologize. :hug:

shaun vox 08-04-2005 10:49 PM

Tom Cruise :rockon:

Aardvark747 08-05-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shaun vox
Tom Cruise :rockon:
Spot on shaun...:up:

I havent even got a clue who this Lauren Bacall is. I'm English tho, so I guess she's only known in the States....

...unlike TC:up: :bow: :rockon:

Angela Harlem 08-05-2005 01:29 AM

How can you not know of (at least) Lauren Bacall? :ohmy: !!!!
She was married to Humphrey Bogart and starred on the silver screen for, I dunno, about 60 years?
:wink:

It's cool too, Lemonfix! I wasn't clear enough probably :)

Popmartijn 08-05-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aardvark747
Spot on shaun...:up:

I havent even got a clue who this Lauren Bacall is. I'm English tho, so I guess she's only known in the States....

...unlike TC:up: :bow: :rockon:

:sigh:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000002/bio

Aardvark747 08-05-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angela Harlem
How can you not know of (at least) Lauren Bacall? :ohmy: !!!!
She was married to Humphrey Bogart and starred on the silver screen for, I dunno, about 60 years?
:wink:

:reject: Who is Bogart?



















:dancing: JUST KIDDING!

U2democrat 08-05-2005 05:23 AM

you better be just kidding! :shame:





:wink:

indra 08-05-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2democrat
you better be just kidding! :shame:





:wink:

No kidding! Perhaps we should sic Bacall on Aardvark747...I bet she'd have begging for mercy within seconds. :yes:

Aardvark747 08-06-2005 12:22 AM

:wink:

Palace_Hero 08-06-2005 12:38 AM

What a stuck up cow that Bacall is. TC is great, she's out of line, aint got the legs for it anymore.

U2girl 08-06-2005 01:10 AM

I guess her marraige to Bogart was never even talked about during her acting career?
Sure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com