U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   The Octagon Bar: Been Around the World and Aye yi yi (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/the-octagon-bar-been-around-the-world-and-aye-yi-yi-132053.html)

beau2ifulday 06-24-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Running to Stand Still has brought tears to my eyes.
It choked me up a little too - it was just so perfect.
The atmosphere was electric - if there was one song in which the entire audience was united, it was that one.
Just amazing.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 06-24-2005 11:03 AM

RTSS made me cry at my first U2 show, and it made me cry at the last one in Philly, too. Miracle Drug and Sometimes also made me cry, but it's hard not to get emotional at those two songs.

Merc 06-24-2005 11:15 AM

I'll probably be :sad: in the good way in...

36 days!!! :hyper:

Diemen 06-24-2005 11:17 AM

:wave:

Strangely enough, Sometimes was more powerful for me in Philly than in San Jose, even though I was only 15 feet away from Bono in San Jose. Just watching it with the cameras all on Bono clearly showing how much he puts into that song is amazing. I still need to get a boot of the Philly show...

*cough*birthdaypresent*cough*

:whistle:

:mac:

pax 06-24-2005 11:18 AM

i'll birthday present your face

:angry:

:wink:

:: hands Diemen a birthday bottle of wine, since there's no point in just pouring a glass ::

Merc 06-24-2005 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diemen

Strangely enough, Sometimes was more powerful for me in Philly than in San Jose, even though I was only 15 feet away from Bono in San Jose. Just watching it with the cameras all on Bono clearly showing how much he puts into that song is amazing. I still need to get a boot of the Philly show...*cough*birthdaypresent*cough*

Adam! :happy:

**Hides in gigantic birthday cake**

:shifty:

**Jumps out of gigantic birthday cake**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:dance: :D :dance:

LarryMullen's POPAngel 06-24-2005 11:20 AM

he was talking to me but i can't help since the boot is m.i.a

I'll cough your face, Adam.

:shifty:

ewen 06-24-2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Strangely enough, Sometimes was more powerful for me in Philly than in San Jose, even though I was only 15 feet away from Bono in San Jose. Just watching it with the cameras all on Bono clearly showing how much he puts into that song is amazing. I still need to get a boot of the Philly show...

*cough*birthdaypresent*cough*

It's the only show that I can't get a lossless version of so far. If you want the mp3s though let me know and I can send them to you via an electronic method and you can then choose if you want to burn to CD.

It's a brilliant show, performance and sound, and so glad I was there in person. In that 23 years as a fan I have to say it's the best version of "40" I think I've ever heard! The show was made 1,000 x better because I was with Pax. :kiss: Pisser that I had extremely bad toothache that night.

*realises the bar has turned into a U2 thread!*

whoops

LarryMullen's POPAngel 06-24-2005 11:37 AM

When was the last time we even talked about U2 so much in the bar? :laugh: When tickets went onsale, maybe? :scratch:

pax 06-24-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

The show was made 1,000 x better because I was with Pax.

I'm so glad you were there. :kiss:

pax 06-24-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
When was the last time we even talked about U2 so much in the bar? :laugh: When tickets went onsale, maybe? :scratch:
Remember the old NO SPOILERS IN THE BAR days?

Diemen 06-24-2005 11:40 AM

I'd be quite satisfied with an mp3 version, ewen. I'm only snobby about sound when it's a studio recording. Bootlegs I'll take em as I can get em.

btw, it's nice to see you back in here, ewen. :)

ewen 06-24-2005 11:41 AM

Diemen, i baked a cake for you

EDITED: image removed. I didn't realise that the candle was in the shape of a, ahem, man's thingy.

Merc 06-24-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ewen
*realises the bar has turned into a U2 thread!*
:ohmy:

**Rund behind the bar and fixes a round of Jameson for the entire bar**

Mix it with coke, coffee, drink it as it is... Just drink! :wink:

**Makes a toast**

To celebrating birthdays in The Octagon! :yes:

beau2ifulday 06-24-2005 11:43 AM

:hyper:

pax 06-24-2005 11:45 AM

Here, Adam, cut the cake while I make Irish coffees for everyone! :hyper:

ewen 06-24-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

I'd be quite satisfied with an mp3 version, ewen. I'm only snobby about sound when it's a studio recording. Bootlegs I'll take em as I can get em.

I will upload them to 'you send it' and then PM you the links.

Diemen 06-24-2005 11:47 AM

LMAO. I just noticed the candle on that cake. Um....thanks ewen...you....really shouldn't have. :shifty:

LarryMullen's POPAngel 06-24-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pax

Remember the old NO SPOILERS IN THE BAR days?

I remember having as my msn name for no one to IM me with spoilers or to have spoilers in their msn names... lol Which reminds me, I think opening night Dave and I were IMing and I had to sign off or he blocked me, or something, since he was so excited and was going to tell me what they were playing. :mad: :lol:

Merc 06-24-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

LMAO. I just noticed the candle on that cake. Um....thanks ewen...you....really shouldn't have. :shifty:

:ohmy:

Ewen! :shame:

:lol: