U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Stopping the homosexual agenda (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/stopping-the-homosexual-agenda-115038.html)

BVS 02-20-2005 06:23 PM

Stopping the homosexual agenda

MONTGOMERY - An Alabama lawmaker who sought to ban gay marriages now wants to ban novels with gay characters from public libraries, including university libraries.

A bill by Rep. Gerald Allen, R-Cottondale, would prohibit the use of public funds for "the purchase of textbooks or library materials that recognize or promote homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle." Allen said he filed the bill to protect children from the "homosexual agenda."

https://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...6768316400.xml

-----------------------------------------------------

A_Wanderer 02-20-2005 06:30 PM

Yes the US seems to be filled with bigots ~ and according to the news that gets posted here all of them are in the GOP.

nbcrusader 02-20-2005 06:56 PM

This guy lives in a delusional paranoid state of mind.......

indra 02-20-2005 06:56 PM

Does this, umm, "esteemed gentleman" :coughcoughcough: really believe if you don't look it will go away?

Some people don't have the brains of a stump.

melon 02-20-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Yes the US seems to be filled with bigots ~ and according to the news that gets posted here all of them are in the GOP.
That seems about right.

Melon

U2democrat 02-20-2005 07:03 PM

with all these people treating gays as second class citizens for moral reasons...i wonder if they've ever heard of the golden rule. :tsk:

XHendrix24 02-20-2005 07:40 PM

:banghead:

It's people like this that give American Christianity (and the GOP, for that matter) a bad name.

neutral 02-20-2005 08:03 PM

Re: Stopping the homosexual agenda

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Allen said he filed the bill to protect children from the "homosexual agenda."

:|

I can't even think of an appropriately bitchy comment about the "homosexual agenda" nonsense.

MissMoo 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

When will we realize that we have never "promoted" a homosexual lifestyle? I think all people want is to be accepted for what they are. That goes for lefthanders, people who wear glasses, short men, brunettes, girls with hips, men who have emotions, etc. etc. etc.....

deep 02-20-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissMoo
That goes for lefthanders, people who wear glasses, short men, brunettes, girls with hips, men who have emotions, etc. etc. etc.....
these sound like homosexual traits

MrsSpringsteen 02-21-2005 05:16 AM

So for all these years has there been a heterosexual agenda? Turnabout is fair play :wink:

This guy will be really steamed about last night's episode of Desperate Housewives...

I don't think everyone who is a Republican is a "bigot" btw

speedracer 02-21-2005 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by deep

these sound like homosexual traits

Left-handed people aren't gay. They're just sinister, or evil.

verte76 02-21-2005 06:03 AM

I remember the day this hit the newspapers here in Birmingham. I was so angry that yet another fool was making my state look like some tortured version of Dixiecrat Hell that I thought I was going to have a stroke. At the rate we're going downhill politically, Roy Moore is going to be elected governor next year and if that happens for the first time in my life I'm going to actually want to leave this f:censored:g stupid state. This is always been home to me, even though I've never liked the political situation here. It's always been something to put up with and I'm used to idiots and dunderheads in my state government. Never mind that we have the worst schools in the country, never mind we're bankrupt, just don't let those second-class citizens called gays corrupt our youth by getting married. This whole thing pisses me off so much I don't know what to do. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

MrsSpringsteen 02-21-2005 07:17 AM

I guess there was a gay marriage depicted last night on the Simpsons. I think that's an official sign of the apocalypse..

Homer has an agenda!

Sheltie 02-21-2005 07:44 AM

Whats going on? It seems like these idiots keep multiplying! Now the nuts are trying to control what people read.:coocoo:

BVS 02-21-2005 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sheltie
Whats going on? It seems like these idiots keep multiplying! Now the nuts are trying to control what people read.:coocoo:
I think this last election seemed to have given certain folks a sense of justification. I have a feeling it is going to bring more out of the woodwork.

melon 02-21-2005 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sheltie
The fundies think that the GOP victory in 2004 was because of them. Now the fundies think they own the country.

Literally.

Melon

neutral 02-21-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I guess there was a gay marriage depicted last night on the Simpsons. I think that's an official sign of the apocalypse..

Homer has an agenda!

I guess that means my TV has an agenda. That's it, I'm throwing it off the balcony. :mad: :yell:

BVS 02-21-2005 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by neutral

I guess that means my TV has an agenda. That's it, I'm throwing it off the balcony. :mad: :yell:

I already have. I'm digging a hole right now for my books and art collection that may contribute to the agenda. Next step is to block all websites that may be working for the agenda. This one may qualify, I'll have to let you know.

verte76 02-21-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by melon

The fundies think that the GOP victory in 2004 was because of them. Now the fundies think they own the country.

Literally.

Melon

Yep. Can you say "let's demonstrate?"