U2 in Vegas - Tips for booking hotels, flights and other Vegasy type things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which Bono

49ers-Raiders-1992-001.jpg

Southwest having a big 3 day sale today through Thursday.

Just checked and my flight to Vegas has dropped almost $300 in fare for the 2 tix.
Going to have to rebook for a future flight credit (Southwest allows that)

Southwest having a big 3 day sale today through Thursday.

Just checked and my flight to Vegas has dropped almost $300 in fare for the 2 tix.
Going to have to rebook for a future flight credit (Southwest allows that)

Hey, thanks for that, I never would have thought to try. Mine was like $250 cheaper.

Just rebooked and now have a $265.00 non expiring flight credit. I swear it would have been $290.00 if I had done it this morning, (stupid work taking up my time while at work) fare must have bumped up a tad but no complaints.

Just rebooked and now have a $265.00 non expiring flight credit. I swear it would have been $290.00 if I had done it this morning, (stupid work taking up my time while at work) fare must have bumped up a tad but no complaints.

Checked again today and the flight home had dropped by 6 bucks, so rebooked us again and now have an extra $12.00 in flight credits, $277.00 total. Simple process. If they allow it, I'm gonna do it.

Will help with next year's family vacay.

Meh, I paid $400 round trip but also if I get one more west coast work trip this year I’ll qualify for status on JetBlue so they can have my money.

think i paid a little more than $400 total - but on different airlines. United there - Southwest back. all direct.

all non-southwest (or Spirt) non-stop flights back to DC on Sunday were stupid pricey. united wanted between $450 and $500 for a non-stop back to dulles on Sunday.

american wants $800+ for non-stop into DCA. go fuck yourselves.

i booked my flight home on the southwests yesterday :hi5:

as much as i hate their cattle herding process of boarding - the price was too good to pass up

I also hate the boarding process. Was especially stressful when my son was young and had to make sure you got 3 seats together, but the prices are normally unbeatable, and they don't charge for checked bags still.

They certainly are a notch below the AA's and United's quality wise, but they are much better than Spirit.

Meh, I paid $400 round trip but also if I get one more west coast work trip this year I’ll qualify for status on JetBlue so they can have my money.

think i paid a little more than $400 total - but on different airlines. United there - Southwest back. all direct.

all non-southwest (or Spirt) non-stop flights back to DC on Sunday were stupid pricey. united wanted between $450 and $500 for a non-stop back to dulles on Sunday.

american wants $800+ for non-stop into DCA. go fuck yourselves.

With the recent rebookings, I paid in essence $438 round trip for 2 tickets. (Actually paid $715.00 but now have the $277.00 in future credits).
Advantage of doing a Wednesday show. Was definitely part of my strategy.

I don’t mind connections… just gives more things the airline can fuck up and therefore more sorry credits and therefore quicker qualification.

They fucked up my seattle flight in February to the tune of $500 worth of credits… on top of a refund. That was just because they couldn’t accommodate my $500 business class ticket due to an equipment change. I got a free flight, $500, and a block of 3 rows entirely to myself. Lol. That is what paid for my Vegas airfare.

SW’s whole model is to leverage the same aircraft model at optimized range per capacity per demand. They’ve got the least deviation in flight duration I’m sure and probably the most consistent price scheme. Finding direct SW flights is a pain, because even if they exist, I’d guess their connecting flights are typically still the cheapest options.

I also hate the boarding process. Was especially stressful when my son was young and had to make sure you got 3 seats together, but the prices are normally unbeatable, and they don't charge for checked bags still.

They certainly are a notch below the AA's and United's quality wise, but they are much better than Spirit.

I was a Delta guy when I lived in New York. Mostly American from DC, but they only have one non stop to Vegas f om DCA and it's early morning.

Only other options for non stop to LAS were United from Dulles or SW and Spirit from BWI.

There's a high probability that we'll be moving closer to IAD before the summer is out, so that was the winner.

SW return is actually to DCA, but that'll still be close.

I've only taken Spirit once. To Vegas, actually. and... I didn't hate it.

I upgraded to the "big front seat" for like $60 bucks. I was only going for a few days so just packed everything into a backpack to not worry about fees or extra bags or anything.

And, yea - it actually left early and got there way early.

If I sat in a regular seat we might be having a totally different conversation.

Last edited:
I so cannot wait for JetBlue to totally eliminate the Spirit brand. If the DOJ dares block them I’m going to primary them. Spirit is an insult to dignity and a joke to consider it “affordable” airfare. For most people, it will end up the exact same price in the long run. It’s not rocket science, they sell you virtually the same shit just packaged differently. All in the meanwhile, they’re disgustingly predatory.

I looked but anything out of NY on SW involves a stop.

Yeah I connect through Denver out and back from Boston, but don't mind. Opportunity to stretch, use a real restroom, grab a bite.
I've used Southwest most of the last several years for our summer trip to California (did AA one year), always has a connection, they don't fly nonstop to the west coast from Boston (or Providence) and it sounds like they don't from NYC area either based on your search. Strange that they do from BWI but not the northeast hubs.
Tough to beat their prices especially with the free checked bags.

Anyone who's interested in seeing a Cirque Du Soleil show while in Vegas (aside from the acrobatics Bono uses to get to the front of the buffet lines).
They are having Cirque Week through June 26:

https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/usa/las-vegas/deals
Promo code CDSCW

30% off tix for Ka, Mystere, Mad Apple & The Beatles Love and 15% off Michael Jackson ONE (The Jesus Juice Spectacular, bring the kids!).

No discounts on O, which of course is the one Vegas Cirque show my wife wants to see.

Last edited:
Hey Headache, all, thanks for this thread. My show's on the 20th of October. Looking at Headache's first post, the Linq seems like it would be a good option? I definitely want to try and limit my costs but I'd like somewhere that's nice-ish, accessible and safe (I don't expect to spend much time in the hotel but I don't want any annoying headaches (Headache himself is fine!) and I will probably do a little gambling but am not passionate about that at all. I will say, I haven't booked a thing yet, including accomodation or flights, or (hopefully) a cheap ticket to another show. Partly because I have no idea what I'm doing around the show. Haven't decided on whether to fly in and out like I did for JT30 or make it a bit of a trip and go to the southeast, or the PNW, or Canada, or Mexico, or Hawaii, or the Caribbean, or South America... So I'm hoping this is not going to fuck me up...

Back
Top Bottom