The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My first or second concert! The great Bette M.

Now I have to play that song and cry.

"Did you ever know that you're my underhang...
every seat I don't want to be...
And I can't see 10 feet in front of me...
You were the underhang in my way....

At my age, I'm only worried about the underhang of my balls.

You know what isn’t called out by the Vibee/TM email OR the render they included? The mix desk.

IMG_1709.JPG

Latest from Facebook... not only is the obstructed view covering every seat in the venue, apparently, but U2 also won't be able to play in December because ticketmaster hasn't taken down the Postcard From Earth data yet.

#AsTheSphereTurns

And we wonder how disinformation spreads so easily... it's not social media, it's social media users.

5293527.jpg

At least on other platforms you have mostly younger folks who can deal with the technology etc.
Facebook is scary cause it's mostly middle aged and older folks now and this is what you get. It's going to suck being in GA and not seeing the band because of the overhang that encompasses me.

Latest from Facebook... not only is the obstructed view covering every seat in the venue, apparently, but U2 also won't be able to play in December because ticketmaster hasn't taken down the Postcard From Earth data yet.

Those cancellations will upset the Postcards ticket holders.

IMG_1715.JPG

They’ll cancel as many Postcards shows as they want to accommodate almost anything that can sell 100 more tickets than what they’re currently selling. [emoji28]

People, man…

Joking aside, the overhang thing is a real bitch for some people…this isn’t a ‘normal’ venue; 50% of the experience is the building itself. If i paid $500 for what turns out the be the crappiest seats in the house, I’d be livid too.

They’ll cancel as many Postcards shows as they want to accommodate almost anything that can sell 100 more tickets than what they’re currently selling. [emoji28]

People, man…

Correct. They haven’t sold enough Postcards tix to fill a third of a single U2 show. Pretty clear what’s going to bring in $. Thinking the Phish announcement happens before U2 plays their first show there.

I mean obviously nobody knows what Postcard from Earth even is at this point. Seems like it's an Imax Theater type movie based on the title. Something that if I were in Vegas I might see if tickets were like $20.00. The prices they are charging, no way.

Would I go see it while I’m in Vegas for U2 already? Maybe. But not at these prices.

The choice of director is also an odd one for a mainstream play. I realize James Cameron is never leaving New Zealand or Pandora, but they couldn’t land Spielberg or Bay?

Joking aside, the overhang thing is a real bitch for some people…this isn’t a ‘normal’ venue; 50% of the experience is the building itself. If i paid $500 for what turns out the be the crappiest seats in the house, I’d be livid too.

sure. and i don't think anyone at all would argue that they should have been priced differently, and there should be a disclaimer that the entirety of the screen won't be visible when you push the screen as being such a huge part of the experience.

HOWEVERRRRR...

stephen-a-smith-wait-wait.gif

the drama is wayyyyyyy over the top. there's some much ridiculousness being spewed on some of these reddit threads and facebook pages. there's the obvious...

--people saying they're going to call congress. seriously.
--people threatening a class action law suit

but then there's also a TON of people (mostly on facebook) who are under the impression that every damn seat in P1 is covered by an overhang and can't be convinced otherwise.

there are a TON of people complaining that they were never told that there was an overhang... even though it's listed on the seating chart, and has been glaringly obvious on the diagrams the venue released years ago.

the majority of people complaining are those who impulse bought the VIP packages. who jumped at a thousand dollar plus purchase instead of taking a bit of time to do some research.

we've been talking about how the 200s, 300s and 400s will probably be the best view in this thread literally for months. the information was out there.

heck - there are people complaining that they've been misled because, and i quote, "the show was supposed to be spherical with a 360 degree screen"

like.. what were they thinking? did they think that all the crowd would be in the middle and spinning around on a lazy susan?

and now there's a post on how the december shows might not happen because POSTCARDS FROM EARTH HASN'T BEEN CANCELED??? jeez man

so - yea - it's a fuck up, and would absolutely be irritating. but the reactions are way way way over the top.

as is the tradition.

Last edited:
we've been talking about how the 200s, 300s and 400s will probably be the best view in this thread literally for months. the information was out there.

I think the Vibee/TM email’s render of the floor and 100s only bolstered this. Still thinking about GA though…

I think the Vibee/TM email’s render of the floor and 100s only bolstered this. Still thinking about GA though…

i actually think the resolution of the screen is such that the view will be great no matter where you sit. the difference would be that your field of view will be larger the higher you are - whereas in the lower sections you're going to spend some time moving your damn head around.

if you're not careful you might

68Nnq7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom