The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I’ve considered flying in a day early for a Wed show before a weekend. Will see how this request period goes. Feels like those may be easier to find from other fans.

i thought i heard you were flying in the morning of the 29th and then taking the red eye back so that nobody knows that you were even gone?

i thought i heard you were flying in the morning of the 29th and then taking the red eye back so that nobody knows that you were even gone?

If I were a single man with the ability to catch up on sleep, I’d consider that zaniness. As it is, I don’t fully trust the airlines to get me there in time same-day

If I were a single man with the ability to catch up on sleep, I’d consider that zaniness. As it is, I don’t fully trust the airlines to get me there in time same-day

When I was waiting to see if I got Beacon taping tickets, I was considering flying in first thing in the morning and then taking the latest flight back home. I did not get selected, and I am too chicken to just go on a whim and a prayer, so I did not have to test whether I am as tough as 2004 me.

When I went to the Brooklyn Bridge show I flew in that morning, went directly to site. Hung all day. Went to La Guardia late at night and "slept" there. Took the stupid early flight home and proceeded straight to work. :crack:

I am honestly already tired after the Vegas shows that have not yet happened. :lol:

When I was waiting to see if I got Beacon taping tickets, I was considering flying in first thing in the morning and then taking the latest flight back home. I did not get selected, and I am too chicken to just go on a whim and a prayer, so I did not have to test whether I am as tough as 2004 me.

When I went to the Brooklyn Bridge show I flew in that morning, went directly to site. Hung all day. Went to La Guardia late at night and "slept" there. Took the stupid early flight home and proceeded straight to work. :crack:

I am honestly already tired after the Vegas shows that have not yet happened. :lol:

Shiat! I definitely don’t have the gumption anymore. Ever since JT30 I’ve felt like every U2 show is gravy on top of the experiences I’ve already had.

Shiat! I definitely don’t have the gumption anymore. Ever since JT30 I’ve felt like every U2 show is gravy on top of the experiences I’ve already had.

I probably don't have it in my either. Which is why I stayed my butt home last week. Caught the show in Toronto and that was great, but didn't feel like hanging around waiting for a miracle to happen.

After Vertigo, I have averaged around 3 shows per tour and that has been good enough for me. These shows are a bit different because AB! :drool: :hyper: I just hope that SOS vibe stays the hell away. :madwife:

Tickets for December Lottery starting to come in! My friend just scored a couple of GAs. I am waiting!

Shiat where’s my Oct/Nov notification??
The tickets she got were for 12/1. Not sure if they are going in sequence starting with December shows or what. I feel like the drunken monkeys they have running the lottery do not have a very methodical way of handling the emails... :hmm:

The tickets she got were for 12/1. Not sure if they are going in sequence starting with December shows or what. I feel like the drunken monkeys they have running the lottery do not have a very methodical way of handling the emails... :hmm:

That’d be fine. They said by Wed night so I’ll just stare at my phone notifications some more and then check my credit card for pending charges, hourly, until then.

That’d be fine. They said by Wed night so I’ll just stare at my phone notifications some more and then check my credit card for pending charges, hourly, until then.

Fingers crossed for you!

Another friend just got GAs for 12/1 as well.

Tickets for December Lottery starting to come in! My friend just scored a couple of GAs. I am waiting!

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

Has anyone explained what the hell that creepy baby is about? Forget Larry leaving the band --- this is the story that must be known.

Every email I get is gonna piss me off now

SAME! So far 3 friends have scored GA for 12/1 but I am waiting for DB seats since I would be taking my son... The wait for this "low stakes, bonus show" is killing me. Also, prepare your tiny violins. If i get seats but it is for a different weekend and miss meeting up with my friends again, I am going to pout for a minute. But, on the plus side, if I miss out on this lottery, I have a source for a single GA and my boys are going to have to roll solo again. :lol:

Got my DB seats. Further off to the side than I would have preferred, but row 9 in the 200s! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom