The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think of GA and SEATS being separate links for each show? I didn't get to experience trying to buy tickets as I never got verified, so I assume that's it's pretty annoying to use.

That’s annoying.

Going for a single 10/7 tomorrow? If so, good luck!

Should serve to break up the queues a bit, I’d imagine, but probably makes it harder to land GA as when you’re able to pick tickets you’re up against everyone vying for that limited space versus people possibly choosing from spots all over the venue

Yeah, I'm not sure about the long term future of this for gigs... as in I think its not going to be the sort of place a band can turn up and look great without putting a lot of thought in to the visual side of things. But Willie Williams and Edge... with what seems to have been a lot of planning time... I'm sure this is going to be a great show.

They won't be ZooTV cause the band is 3 decades older, those shows will never be recaptured, and having seen 4 of them, those shows will likely never be topped by any band ever in terms of the complete combination of music, a band at it's absolute peak physically and musically and the groundbreaking tech of the show. It was the band in their prime touring one of the greatest rock albums ever made with a stage set up the likes of which nobody had ever seen before.

Totally agree. The first leg of Zoo TV arena shows were simply incredible and I thought were a very different experience to the stadium ones which they followed up with. The smaller venue, the rougher edges, I'm not entirely sure what it was.

The Outside Broadcast leg scaled everything up to a new level and they had perfected the whole thing - that was a band at the absolute peak of their powers.

The indoor show is still my favourite gig I've seen from any band and the outdoor ones are close behind but for different reasons if that makes sense.

Happy “General Sale/Hunger Games” Day for those of us trying out for the new dates. [emoji849]

At what time is this going down? 12 PM EST?

Anyone else concerned the venue isn’t going to be ready by this fall? They are still in construction mode inside the structure and likely have a shit ton of AV testing to get thru to make sure the thing actually does what it’s supposed to do when they turn it on.

Anyone else concerned the venue isn’t going to be ready by this fall? They are still in construction mode inside the structure and likely have a shit ton of AV testing to get thru to make sure the thing actually does what it’s supposed to do when they turn it on.

I'm concerned it's going to be Titantic 2.

I personally believe that the ballooning in budget that was recently reported was partially resulting from need to get it done on time. They’ve got a test facility in CA so I think they’ve probably got it down from a programming standpoint, it’s really about the in-venue hardware not fitzing out. Certainly easier to contend with a screwed up panel on something flat like the barricage or (most of the) JT30 screen versus specific curved pieces X amount of stories in the air.

I have confidence that it’ll be sorted out by the time I get there…

And to me it's like IKEA furniture and they'll have all these leftover parts and the stage will be facing the wrong way...

They wouldn't have announced actual dates and sold tickets if they weren't convinced they'll be ready.
No of course a comet could still hit the thing, but barring some kind of disaster, it will be ready come 9/29.

No.

It's already been reported that the interior screens will be fully installed by the end of this month.

Installing seats and finishing the concourses and whatnot is something that can easily be done in plenty of time for the fall. The big lift is the tech, and the tech should be done this month.

So unless they're lying, it'll be ready.

No.

It's already been reported that the interior screens will be fully installed by the end of this month.

Installing seats and finishing the concourses and whatnot is something that can easily be done in plenty of time for the fall. The big lift is the tech, and the tech should be done this month.

So unless they're lying, it'll be ready.

Rich people never lie. Got it.

Considering the negative press they've been getting regarding the cost overruns, they'd have to be the dumbest bunch of mofos in the world to be rolling full steam ahead with ticket sales unless they absolutely know for sure they'll be open in the for the first show.

I think they’ll open. I also think half the seats will explode during Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Secured 200 Level tickets for December 15th and 16th.

December 15th will be in Section 202 (not too happy about that one as it’s towards the left “corner”, but it was at face value).

December 16th will be in Section 208. And to Ticketmaster and Live Nation’s liking, it was Official Platinum and the most expensive concert ticket I have ever purchased. The lengths I go to for this band and especially this fucking album.

But I will be there and will have paid it off by then. Achtung, Y’all! :rockon:

December 15th will be in Section 202 (not too happy about that one as it’s towards the left “corner”, but it was at face value).

December 16th will be in Section 208. And to Ticketmaster and Live Nation’s liking, it was Official Platinum and the most expensive concert ticket I have ever purchased. The lengths I go to for this band and especially this fucking album.

:rockon:

Achtung!

So these highlighted sections have not been for sale at all, right? So I guess those are the mega douche bag seats that are not for sale via regular means… Though it looks like the MDB seats still have an overhang problem. :lol:

Attachments

• B41BA452-0D05-495F-9DB0-FC6BC40E5FB7.jpg
    B41BA452-0D05-495F-9DB0-FC6BC40E5FB7.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom