Setlist Speculation / Hopes / Desires / Fantasies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Being in Vegas they have to play Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad

Also, bring back Last Night on Earth, that song is a rocker live

That's it

Well they’re already turning one of my fantasies into a reality by playing my favorite album of all time live. :wink:

But other than Achtung Baby, that city and venue screams “Justice for Pop”. Give me Do You Feel Loved, Gone, Please, Last Night on Earth…even if Popmart opening night was “meh” by U2 standards, they have a shot at redemption.

Really intrigued to see how they’re going to structure this setlist.

Wishful thinking: No acoustic mini set.

Play AB in full (whether in order or not), add in a few war horses, HMTMKMKM, 3 songs from Pop, nothing from SOE, only Sleep Like a Baby and maybe Volcano from SOI, and a few early nuggets like OOC, Electric Co and Gloria.

Yeah that works.

Also:

If Peef makes the journey, play Achtung Baby in order but substitute Magnificent for The Fly that one show only so long as it's not 10/25.

Repeating myself here, but if they don’t play Discotheque inside a giant ball in Las Vegas, they’re really fucking stupid

I did the opener of the Vertigo in San Diego and it was pretty amazing. Only thing that could spoil the opener is people posting soundcheck songs. Gonna avoid social media the days before.

SOS intro: Out of Control

R&H starter pack: “falling in love… with America” Hawkmoon 269/Heartland (rotating), AIWIY, Desire

AB in sequence

Zoo-Pop sensory overload: Numb, Discotheque

ZooTV: Bullet-RTSS-Streets

Larry sings Satellite of Love on pre-recorded video

Encore: Vertigo, IWF/Gloria/Electric Co (rotating), Invisible

If Peef makes the journey, play Achtung Baby in order but substitute Magnificent for The Fly that one show only so long as it's not 10/25.

:lmao:

Repeating myself here, but if they don’t play Discotheque inside a giant ball in Las Vegas, they’re really fucking stupid

If they didn't play it on 360 they're not playing it here. They will ignore Pop entirely and in eight years time do the hugest ATYCLB30 world tour.

Beyond my dreams: Zooropa, Passengers and Pop tracks, nothing released after 1997.

My dream: Bullet the Blue Sky / Running to Stand Still (electric guitar, allelujah and Dirty Old Town snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name

Hopes: Achtung in full, opening the show. Full-band Stay, Lemon, a bunch of classics to close out the main set, including Mirrorball Man Desire. An encore that isn't just Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Every Breaking Wave, Love is Bigger and 13. Some searing tracks to close the show on a high.

Expectations: Achtung in full early on in the tour, cutting a few tracks by midway through, at least three SOI/E tracks, two or three songs in SOS style and an encore that makes you wish they'd played the show in reverse.

Please god no: Anything played in SOS style, American Soul, Own Way, Best Thing, The Miracle, Ordinary Love and about 10 other post-NLOTH songs

Would not be surprised if there’s an 80s medley/mega mix to start the show - IWF merging into SBS into Pride into Streets into WOWY into AiWIY into zoo station intro.

Maybe 10 minutes into AB in full.

Hopefully some fun with the 90s schtick - including some Pop love.

:lmao:

If they didn't play it on 360 they're not playing it here. They will ignore Pop entirely and in eight years time do the hugest ATYCLB30 world tour.

They snippeted on 360, which was even more infuriating

If they don't play Dirty Day I'm going to write my congressman

Something like this would be wonderful.

Zoo Station
Even Better than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
So Cruel
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Tryin’ to Throw Your Arms Around the World