Setlist Speculation / Hopes / Desires / Fantasies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their truly is a Seinfeld reference for everything in this life.

Oh I agree, my point was that it isn’t without some precedent. And this is a short run. Honestly think BD is tired as hell and if they SOS it, I won’t mind. (They’ll never drop it). Felt that way about Pride for a bit and once they dropped it, its return was nice.

JT30 aside, when’s the last time they played Bad every show? Big songs can be made more special by not being played to death. Streets every time, though, yes.

Absolutely! Pride was definitely enhanced after the 360 break it got. I liked the time off/rotation for the final legs. Thought it made it better on both those legs and on SOI.

Always play Streets, I thought that coming into E&I and seeing a show without it only reinforced my opinion!

Bad every show prior to JT 30? I'd have to say Lovetown! I know it made most of the first 2 legs of Zoo Tv, a decent amount right until Zoomerang leg. A solid majority of Elevation shows. Tons of shows on the European leg of I&E.... but as you said, definitely not a lock anytime since Lovetown. Its performances have been enhanced by that fact, I think.

To quote Edge directly, this is what he had to say about playing Achtung Baby, as to whether they'll play all of the songs (yes, they will) and in sequence (not decided yet).

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/u2-new-album-las-vegas-achtung-baby-1234689183/

Your upcoming residency at the MSG Sphere in Las Vegas is billed as “Achtung Baby Live.“ Are you playing the album straight through?
Too early to say, but I don’t think we need, or would want to feel, that we have to. I think we’re going to give ourselves the freedom to play the songs in whatever order feels right. Obviously, the great thing about this venue is the ability to marry stunning visuals with the audio. There’s a lot to contend with. I’d say we won’t make the final decision until much closer to the shows.

But it’s going to be centered around Achtung Baby, right?
Oh yeah. That’s going to be the centerpiece. We will play them all.

I am hereby requesting MacPhisto sings a snippet of GoldenEye like in the demo.

Desire (Hollywood mix style)
Elevation
I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For
All I Want Is You

Achtung Baby

Discotheque

Encore

Stories For Boys (SOS)
Invisible (SOS)
Pride (SOS)

Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Bad

I would be fine with these songs (even if the sos set would be a snooze fest), , but I just hope they don’t play AB in order. Mixing these songs with AB would be so much better.

Yes I mean I would prefer no SOS, but I think it's inevitable

I think other way. It was a fun album project and touched on with Bono solo tour but they always have a tinge to old songs live tours but I think BD will be normal way.

New drummer. New place. So much going on I think SOS versions aren’t in the cards.

So apparently they are testing the speakers/sound and people are able to hear it pretty clearly outside the venue. Gonna be hard to avoid spoilers during dress rehearsals and such.

Give me:

Discotheque
Last night on earth
Gone
Please
Zooropa

Who am I kidding….only one Pop tune on SOS tells me all I need to know.

I still think the setlist depends on how much they choose to lean in to the fact they're playing in American, in Las Vegas and the "trash" image/vibe/ethos that comes with it as that was a big influence on Zoo TV and of course Pop.

Much more likely is that they go for AB and then greatest hits with an SOS-themed acoustic break.

to be fair - that's kind of what i'd want to see.

i don't think we'll see much of anything that wasn't on a greatest hits album... but hey, discotheque was on a greatest hits album.

the "deep" cuts here will be the lesser played Achtung Baby tracks... So Cruel, Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Love Is Blindness.

I guess there's the outside chance that they play some lesser-known stuff if they have a cool idea for the visuals which they couldn't do anywhere else.

I guess there's the outside chance that they play some lesser-known stuff if they have a cool idea for the visuals which they couldn't do anywhere else.

I expect a JT30-esque approach, album in sequence not withstanding, but deeper R&H cuts + Desire would serve as perfect lead-in. I have to think a sizeable segment of the audience will be the hardcore folks. Throw us a bone. Leave the big 80s hits for the encore.

well for JT30 they did big 80s hits pre-JT to open - JT In full - and then 90s and beyond hits on the encore.

sooooo what, JT/RH hits to open - AB in full - late 90s and 2000s hitsssss to close?

i can work with that.

1. Streets
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. All I Want Is You
--we had to go and dream it all up again speech by boner--
4. Zoo Station
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. One
7. Until The End Of The World
8. Horses
9. So Cruel
10. The Fly
11. Mysterious Ways
12. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
13. Ultra Violet
14. Acrobat
15. Love Is Blindness
16. Zooropa
--encore--
17. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
18. Discotheque
19 Vertigo
20. Elevation
21. Walk On (Ukraine) ;)
22. Beautiful Day

well for JT30 they did big 80s hits pre-JT to open - JT In full - and then 90s and beyond hits on the encore.

sooooo what, JT/RH hits to open - AB in full - late 90s and 2000s hitsssss to close?

i can work with that.

1. Streets
3. All I Want Is You
4. Zoo Station
6. One
8. Horses
9. So Cruel
10. The Fly
11. Mysterious Ways
13. Ultra Violet
14. Acrobat
15. Love Is Blindness
16. Zooropa
--encore--
18. Discotheque
19 Vertigo
20. Elevation
21. Walk On (Ukraine) ;)
22. Beautiful Day

That encore would suck but that sounds about right, except they will change our Hold me Thrill Me for Miss Sarajevo and Discotheque for Stuck in a Moment

One thing I would fucking LOVE if they did is have The Whole of the Moon as the last track before they walk on. Every time I listen to it I just such a jolt of dopamine thinking back to the JT32 shows and how joyous it was.

i can work with that.

1. Streets
3. All I Want Is You
4. Zoo Station
6. One
8. Horses
9. So Cruel
10. The Fly
11. Mysterious Ways
13. Ultra Violet
14. Acrobat
15. Love Is Blindness
16. Zooropa
--encore--
18. Discotheque
19 Vertigo
20. Elevation
21. Walk On (Ukraine) ;)
22. Beautiful Day

Why does this make me want to sell my ticket?

Intro music - God part II (hard dance mix)
Zoo Station
Even better than the real thing
The Fly
Dirty day
Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
Acrobat
Last night on earth
Who's gonna ride your wild horses
Babyface*
So cruel
Stay*
------break - what do you want?------
Zooropa
Mofo
Until the end of the world
Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car
Wake up dead man
------break to b stage - Numb------
Tryin' to throw your arms around the world
Staring at the sun
Mysterious ways
------break - Do you feel loved?-------
Ultra violet
Love is blindness
One

That encore would suck but that sounds about right, except they will change our Hold me Thrill Me for Miss Sarajevo and Discotheque for Stuck in a Moment

Yeah, looking at that setlist on paper, its a bit jarring to jump out of that era in to songs from either side of AB - Pop, but I'm sure that's how it will go and with them not playing AB in sequence, I'm sure it won't be like that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom