Setlist Speculation / Hopes / Desires / Fantasies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway they don't play Vertigo? I mean it's perfect for the venue.

Elevation.
City of Blinding Lights.
Desire.

Every get up and hit your head on the overhang banger.

And my god, I can't believe I'm going to type this, but maybe maybe they can break out GET ON YOUR BOOTS. Seems like it was written for Vegas.

All I know is I am taking plenty of Dramamine before the show because the thought of whatever Vertigo visuals they choose for the sphere is already making me nauseous. I could barely deal with the visuals for I still haven’t found what I am looking for during the JT tour. :lol:

And man, Boots. :grumpy: Hated that song but thought, they will make it rock live. And nope. Never happened.

All I know is I am taking plenty of Dramamine before the show because the thought of whatever Vertigo visuals they choose for the sphere is already making me nauseous. I could barely deal with the visuals for I still haven’t found what I am looking for during the JT tour. :lol:

And man, Boots. :grumpy: Hated that song but thought, they will make it rock live. And nope. Never happened.

I'll be high on Xanax if you need some! I'm terrified of this show -- I used to get sick at MOM at Jordan's Furniture in Boston -- which I think was first iMax in the country and I've avoided it ever since... so this venue 100% reminds me of that. Why am I trying to go to more than 1 show? I'm an idiot.

I may be combining that with the Boston Museum of Science theater...

Last edited:
Took Dramamine once, forgot about it and then ordered a gin and tonic at lunch which I promptly slept through.

They have a non drowsy one now they claim... I haven't taken that since a Panama boat trip... xanax really does the job in all areas.

I'll be high on Xanax if you need some! I'm terrified of this show -- I used to get sick at MOM at Jordan's Furniture in Boston -- which I think was first iMax in the country and I've avoided it ever since... so this venue 100% reminds me of that. Why am I trying to go to more than 1 show? I'm an idiot.

I may be combining that with the Boston Museum of Science theater...

I have never taken Xanax, but something to consider. I am really worried about starting a Stand By Me pie eating contest situation. :barf:

I have never taken Xanax, but something to consider. I am really worried about starting a Stand By Me pie eating contest situation. :barf:

I have anxiety. It’s very addictive. Don’t take it if you never have. It’s a sometimes thing for me as it works less and less the more you take it.

Now I assume half the crowd will be high on something watching the pretty lights.

I have anxiety. It’s very addictive. Don’t take it if you never have. It’s a sometimes thing for me as it works less and less the more you take it.

Now I assume half the crowd will be high on something watching the pretty lights.

I will be high as a kite on dramamine and dramamine only. Seriously, when I was a kid, any car ride of over 30 minutes required preparation. Bags, towels, extra clothes. You get the idea. :crack::barf: The discovery of dramamine changed our lives. :happy: Thankfully, I grew out of it by my early teens.

However, as I mentioned before, the video during JT made me slightly nauseous at times. The Harry Potter broom ride at Universal also made me woozy. The butterbeer I had ingested earlier survived though, so there is still hope for me. :lol:

You’re a trooper of a mom though!

I enjoyed the strange motion effect being close to the stage on JT30. It was a gradual thing. I’m sure there will be warnings posted about lights/motion before like most other shows.

They should sew up unused ugly shirts from previous tours to sell as barf bags

Last edited:
You’re a trooper of a mom though!

They should sew up unused ugly shirts from previous tours to sell as barf bags

I cackled. So many ugly shirts available for this!

And the Harry Potter ride was just me. :lol: Kid was too small. I was there at a conference and they had discounted tickets. So my husband and I did the rider switch thing. I went first. Warned my husband. He barely hung on to the butterbeer. :barf:

These shows are going to be like Terrifier 2 - a horror movie that some people were passing out at and puking in the aisles....

These shows are going to be like Terrifier 2 - a horror movie that some people were passing out at and puking in the aisles....

Honestly, besides not wanting to deal with the ticket situation, or the douche bag, fan situation, part of the reason why I did not even consider first weekend was because I wanted to see the reports on the nausea level. The least of my concerns to be sure, but a concern nonetheless.

Honestly, besides not wanting to deal with the ticket situation, or the douche bag, fan situation, part of the reason why I did not even consider first weekend was because I wanted to see the reports on the nausea level. The least of my concerns to be sure, but a concern nonetheless.

Finally someone that gets me! I feel seen.

I’ll be waiting on preferred GA spots for those of us sane enough to be, ah, walking in at doors.

Finally someone that gets me! I feel seen.

:rockon:

And yes, I also want to know what the GA situation is. I finally did a roaming show for E&I (?). Dunno. Nashville, whatever that was. I didn’t hate it. Rail skank habits die hard but I refuse to play the check in game.

I am hoping the venue decides to wristband the morning of like the mythical San Jose and Phoenix during I&E (?).

:rockon:

And yes, I also want to know what the GA situation is. I finally did a roaming show for E&I (?). Dunno. Nashville, whatever that was. I didn’t hate it. Rail skank habits die hard but I refuse to play the check in game.

I roamed for all but one of my E&I ga shows and it was great

Correction - I will be walking in on night one whenever LN7 wants to walk in.

On night 2, I plan on being at the tables until, like, 7:45. And back again by 11

Lsi.gif

Correction - I will be walking in on night one whenever LN7 wants to walk in.

On night 2, I plan on being at the tables until, like, 7:45. And back again by 11

I could not handle the anxiety of being the person with extra ticket for another person or being person relying on another person to walk in with.

I could not handle the anxiety of being the person with extra ticket for another person or being person relying on another person to walk in with.

The only time I got hosed on a ticket trade was in Vegas. Some dude was supposed to meet me in the GA line to trade my night 2 ticket for his night 1 GA. It was getting close to doors and the dude never showed up. Had to pay the princely sun of $200.00 for a Vertigo GA. I don’t recall all the particulars but it was in fact very stressful. I had to go wait for the scalper dude in the front of MGM. He pulled up in a fancy car, pains though his scalping endeavors.

Screw that dude that left me hanging. ::madwife:

So to bring it back to the set list. Seems from reading the earlier posts that most people are on board with intermingling AB with other songs in hopes of cool transitions as opposed to running through the whole record top to bottom? I know Edge claimed that it likely would not be a straight through performance but a lot can change between now and then. I can see the good sides to both and do not have a strong opinion either way. :hmm:

I'm definitely on board for them treating this as if Achtung Baby were the new album that they were promoting, vs. a straight run through of the album.

I'm not going to shed a tear if it is a straight run through of the album, I'd just prefer it not to be.

Frankly I'd love a ZooTV rehash, but they said they won't do that, either.

But for fucks sake please give us Running To Stand Still into Streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom