Setlist Speculation / Hopes / Desires / Fantasies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They better play PLEASE with the lyrics October November December.

I think there are two most likely options.

1. They do a zootv type set list that is more greatest hits. Open with zoo station-the fly- ebttrt- mysterious ways- one- until the end… and then branch out into greatest hits with a zootv type encore. The B stage section from the zootv set lists could be 3-4 songs in the sos versions. If I had to bet this is what I would give the best odds.

I think this is most likely as Edge has made several comments that seem to suggest they are not playing AB in order.

2. The JT tour approach, with 4-5 songs / AB / 6-8 songs. If they do this I expect the 3 songs after AB to be the sos section.

I really hope they don’t play AB in order, there are too many great transitions they could do with those songs that are better if not done in order.

My guess for a realistic set list
1 zoo station
2 the fly
3 even better
4 mysterious way
5 one
6 until the end
7 nyd
8 tryin to throw yours arms
- sos (only the place where will be rotation-
9 every breaking wave
10 so cruel
11 walk on

12 acrobat
13 bullet
14 please
15 streets
16 pride
17 still haven’t found

18 elevation
19 vertigo
20 beautiful day
21 wild horses

22 desire
23 ultraviolet
24 wowy
25 love is blindness
(26 I can’t help falling in love )

Pretty good setlist, but in a perfect world, no Walk On or Pride. I very much doubt we would get a 25 song set list these days.

I agree it will be 22-23 songs. I don’t care to hear walk on at all, but they seem to love it lately especially the horrid Ukraine version.

People flying in from all over the world. They can damn well play 3 sets of 10 songs. Don't have to worry about Larry's aching back. If Taylor Swift can go 45 songs/ 3 hours, then theses guys can go 30/ 2 plus hours with a couple of breaks.

OMG, I hate Vegas. Wait I've only been there twice, so is that enough to decide? Yes.

I think there are two most likely options.

1. They do a zootv type set list that is more greatest hits. Open with zoo station-the fly- ebttrt- mysterious ways- one- until the end… and then branch out into greatest hits with a zootv type encore. The B stage section from the zootv set lists could be 3-4 songs in the sos versions. If I had to bet this is what I would give the best odds.

I think this is most likely as Edge has made several comments that seem to suggest they are not playing AB in order.

2. The JT tour approach, with 4-5 songs / AB / 6-8 songs. If they do this I expect the 3 songs after AB to be the sos section.

I really hope they don’t play AB in order, there are too many great transitions they could do with those songs that are better if not done in order.

My guess for a realistic set list
1 zoo station
2 the fly
3 even better
4 mysterious way
5 one
6 until the end
7 nyd
8 tryin to throw yours arms
- sos (only the place where will be rotation-
9 every breaking wave
10 so cruel
11 walk on

12 acrobat
13 bullet
14 please
15 streets
16 pride
17 still haven’t found

18 elevation
19 vertigo
20 beautiful day
21 wild horses

22 desire
23 ultraviolet
24 wowy
25 love is blindness
(26 I can’t help falling in love )

Great job! Very well thought out and as you said, realistic.

Pride, Elevation, BD and Vertigo aren't going anywhere. You've got to include them as you did and not make a fan wish list.

Yes, people are travelling and more likely to be hard core, but there will still be plenty of casuals. They also have no interest in opening a venue like this and having critics and some fans saying "we didn't hear Streets, Pride, WOWY, BD, Still Haven't Found......"

Acrobat-Bullet-Please-Streets-Pride- Still Havent't Found would be as great a run of U2 songs as any ever put together!

No travelling. No Larry playing in pain. 26 songs on lots of SOI Europe shows.

They can and should deliver 26. If it's 22-23? I won't hold it against them. These shows are a bonus- just as every show for many years now has been.

OMG, I hate Vegas. Wait I've only been there twice, so is that enough to decide? Yes.

Stay in St George Utah (1 hour north) and spend an extra day visiting Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks

Stay in St George Utah (1 hour north) and spend an extra day visiting Zion

USATSI_19121535-1024x683.jpg

Pride, Elevation, BD and Vertigo aren't going anywhere. You've got to include them as you did and not make a fan wish list.

Yes, people are travelling and more likely to be hard core, but there will still be plenty of casuals. They also have no interest in opening a venue like this and having critics and some fans saying "we didn't hear Streets, Pride, WOWY, BD, Still Haven't Found......"

They’ve dropped Pride and WOWY before and played zero JT songs on E&I, but think Elevation is almost a guarantee if the stage moves as seen in the sketches but think Discotheque would be better in that spot. Streets and ISHFWILF are definite. I wouldn’t mind them giving BD a rest or going with the SOS version.

Also, fuck the casuals.

Is there anyway they don't play Vertigo? I mean it's perfect for the venue.

Elevation.
City of Blinding Lights.
Desire.

Every get up and hit your head on the overhang banger.

And my god, I can't believe I'm going to type this, but maybe maybe they can break out GET ON YOUR BOOTS. Seems like it was written for Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom