Setlist Speculation / Hopes / Desires / Fantasies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing is certain... The set on night one will be the set on night 25.

Yeah. This will be much like the original ZooTV tour in that it will be synced to the visuals so there'll likely be zero setlist fluctuation, or at most a small section of the show that the screens are less a part of the show where maybe they swap a song or 2 out in rotation.
For this exercise setlist variation shouldn't matter anyway. I saw 4 ZooTV shows (2 indoors 2 outdoors) and had zero complaint about a static set list.

"Play Discotheque you cowards," said the sign being held by the man with the Dirty Day wristband

More G rated than the famous NYC Pearl Jam "Play Leash you...." sign

(They finally decided to play it again in Boston and not NYC, which I find not coincidental. So Is aw the least time it was played in 94 before the long hiatus and the first time it was played again after.)

Yeah. This will be much like the original ZooTV tour in that it will be synced to the visuals so there'll likely be zero setlist fluctuation, or at most a small section of the show that the screens are less a part of the show where maybe they swap a song or 2 out in rotation.

For this exercise setlist variation shouldn't matter anyway. I saw 4 ZooTV shows (2 indoors 2 outdoors) and had zero complaint about a static set list.

Yeah, if they structure it like JT30, I could see - AT BEST - one rotation option in the pre-AB section and one in the encore.

More G rated than the famous NYC Pearl Jam "Play Leash you...." sign

(They finally decided to play it again in Boston and not NYC, which I find not coincidental. So Is aw the least time it was played in 94 before the long hiatus and the first time it was played again after.)

And a nice Interferencer brought me to that particular show!

Are we positive he isn’t going to show up land hit a handful for one song tho

I would guess it all has to do with his health/recovery status.
If he indeed has had/will have back surgery, all depends on when that occurs/occurred. Flying from Dublin to Vegas might not be a good move. Also knowing his personality, I think he might just want to stay out of the spotlight for this whole thing since he can't play his normal role.

If he indeed has had/will have back surgery, all depends on when that occurs/occurred. Flying from Dublin to Vegas might not be a good move. Also knowing his personality, I think he might just want to stay out of the spotlight for this whole thing since he can't play his normal role.

Bono says Larry’s recovery (?) is taking longer than they had hoped

https://twitter.com/u2valencia/status/1657391470079275010?s=46&t=CbRAuOaqr8dmU9O7Nx2LGQ

I was mostly joking, but entertaining the thought…

I assume he already had the surgery or will have it soon. With the goalposts for an end show constantly in motion and knowing that type of surgery usually has a recovery period of 6 months… it’s not totally far-fetched for him to show up to slap a hand drum once.

A version of The Fly that's as epic as the Boston Elevation dvd would be cool. Love is Blindness in all it's zootv glory. Mysterious Ways with extended ending and full slide guitar solo. Zooropa, full band Stay, full band Staring At the Sun, Please, Discotheque, NO SOS versions. No Bono doing his Shatner imitation and just speaking his way thru the songs.

Oh MAN I would die with happiness if they did this. It's easily the best version of The Fly imo, that intro is exceptional. They literally only did it once right?

Once as in for that tour or show? Most (all?) of the performances of the fly on Elevation are like that but with a different speech. Pittsburgh was a good version

Anyone more familiar with Bram than I am?

What songs would be most in his wheelhouse to learn?

Also, if he has a couple favorites, we know the other 3 are nice guys who would work them in for him. Obviously not the whole set or more than a couple.

Like let's just say (hope?!) his favorite U2 song of all time is something like Please or Do you feel loved!

Or even something way out like Rejoice.

I could see them being lazy, and doing it exactly like JT30.

4-5 early 80's hits to start the show,

Achtung Baby

Encore same as before with maybe a couple JT tracks added in.

Nothing from Zooropa, Pop, or anything else from the AB era.

Last edited:
They've already said they don't feel like they have to play AB in sequence, but I'm guessing with the technology they'll still open with Zoo Station and The Fly?

I guess it's going to be a greatest hits setlist with AB sprinkled through it, although I'd love for them to embrace the fact they're in Vegas and the kitsch Bono loves to throw in some Zooropa and Pop stuff. But that'll never happen.

Greatest hits it is.

Greatest Hits should be reserved for the worldwide farewell tour. They’ve got a chance to do something special here that will be appreciated by the hardcore fan (i.e., type to travel by plane for a show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom