June 29, 2018 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pop Artist

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
They forgot to make a topic for this one! My favorite area venue, will be going for this one too.

As an arena, I do like Prudential over MSG and Barclays. Except that it's farther away, so I go for MSG and Barclays when I have the choice.

Of the whole tour, definitely not. Of North America, Prudential is probably last, I'm not optimistic about a fall leg. But there probably will be at least one more show added at Prudential.

In for this and surprised they didn't keep GA cc entry only being that it's NJ.

Of all the arenas in the NYC tristate area I always go for Prudential in NJ before MSG or others. Not sure how they built it but the sound in there is AMAZING. Way better than MSG. And it doesn’t matter where you are in the arena -sides, straight ahead of stage, uppers, lowers, behind stage. All great. I’ve always thought the sound at MSG sucked unless you sat straight on from the stage (even the refurbished MSG didn’t address the sound quality). And I love the FIRE and ICE bars (depending which side of arena you’re seats are). Really looking forward to seeing U2 here. Muse, Bruce, & Killers shows at this venue were my favorites of their respective tours.

This was the show I was really trying for on this tour, and I'm so bummed I didn't manage to get a GA in the presale or the general sale. I agree that the sound is great, and it's an easy journey from NYC via public transportation. (If anyone has an extra GA, I'd be happy to buy it or trade you an MSG 6/26 GA!)

Of all the arenas in the NYC tristate area I always go for Prudential in NJ before MSG or others. Not sure how they built it but the sound in there is AMAZING. Way better than MSG. And it doesn’t matter where you are in the arena -sides, straight ahead of stage, uppers, lowers, behind stage. All great. I’ve always thought the sound at MSG sucked unless you sat straight on from the stage (even the refurbished MSG didn’t address the sound quality). And I love the FIRE and ICE bars (depending which side of arena you’re seats are). Really looking forward to seeing U2 here. Muse, Bruce, & Killers shows at this venue were my favorites of their respective tours.
Prudential is great, but I think the garden sounds amazing since the remodel

Coming to NYC for the 2 MSG shows. Considering this one also. How do you get to and from the arena. Coming from Greenwich Village?

If you are coming from Greenwich Village, it's real easy. Just get the PATH train at Christopher St. or 9th St. to Journal Square and switch there for the PATH to Newark. It is a less than five minute walk from there past some big office buildings. Would take half an hour or less.

Back
Top Bottom