Set list party : BOK Center, Tulsa; May 2, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never understood the idea that Acrobat wouldn't be a good live song (provided they didn't fuck it up, of course). It's got great drums, a scorching guitar part, good beat, and a great hook.

The only thing I don't understand is why it took them so long to figure this out.

They must have been scared or something. I thought I heard Bono say “We did it!” afterwards, like he was relieved.

:hyper:
Just heard full Acrobat! Sooo scorching! Take a bow, Edge!

Also just yt'd LOH very good but not quite up at top-notch. Maybe because mAdam didn't play the Bass of Doom on second verse. (first version)
OTOH- The Blackout was fantastic!!!

I agree with you Edge just plain nailed that song!

Last edited:
I never understood the idea that Acrobat wouldn't be a good live song (provided they didn't fuck it up, of course). It's got great drums, a scorching guitar part, good beat, and a great hook.

Also, you can waltz to it. What's a good GA experience without some waltzing?

They must have been scared or something. I thought I heard Bono say “We did it!” afterwards, like he was relieved.

I'm frankly surprised he didn't add ".... now stop fucking asking us about it!"

Also, you can waltz to it. What's a good GA experience without some waltzing?

tumblr_msoa2cohRC1rey868o1_500.gif

Just adding my name to the list of people who thought Acrobat was incredible. After all the hype, I didn't think there was a chance that the live performance could live up to peoples' expectations but I was wrong - it was a scorcher. I *really* hope they do this one every night.

Agreed. It sounded pretty much just like the album version (instrumentally). I didn’t think it would ever live up to the hype either but it was excellent and I imagine will still improve.

Agreed. It sounded pretty much just like the album version (instrumentally). I didn’t think it would ever live up to the hype either but it was excellent and I imagine will still improve.

I always thought it would be a great song to play live but wasn't sure if the actual buildup would equal the performance and I really thought it did... it was :drool:

If they keep Acrobat in the setlist, I'll have seen that and Exit live more times than Stuck. Left is up, down is right. Anyways, I am excited as fuuuuuuuck for this tour.

I’ve been to 13 shows since 1997. I have seen Exit twice, and Desire once... that’s a weird factoid.

I’ve been to 13 shows since 1997. I have seen Exit twice, and Desire once... that’s a weird factoid.

That is weird.

I’ve been to four shows, and I’ve seen Kite, Miss Sarajevo, Walk On, Scarlet, Stingray Guitar, and Zoo Station more than I’ve seen I Will Follow

Re Edge technical difficulties, who else picked up Edge starting the Acrobat riff half a bar early for the second verse? Sounded jarring

Re Edge technical difficulties, who else picked up Edge starting the Acrobat riff half a bar early for the second verse? Sounded jarring

Yeah... between that and Bono being a beat ahead of the rest of the band for awhile really threw me off. They'll get it!

Back
Top Bottom