Omaha Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CenturyLink Center - Omaha, NE - May 19, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet)
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
11 - Psalm 23 (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You’re the Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring at the Sun
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Get Out of Your Own Way

Ahhhh give the guy a break :p. It's a theatrical performance, and it really does fit in the moment. I also got a kick out of the acknowledgement that with Eve entering the entertainment industry he didn't know how worried he should be about it.

Does it even make sense to anyone in the venue except those of us hardcore enough to know who his family members are? He was also mumbling enough that I didn't realise it was about Eli until someone with clearly better ears transcribed it on Twitter; I only made out the stuff thanking his wife for going home, not what for.

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
17 - Staring at the Sun
20 - American Soul

I got excited the first time I heard "XXX" from Kendrick's album thinking that we were going to get that kind of sound on the next album. Instead we're left with this American Soul shit.

There better be an extra song in the encore or this is going to clock in as the shortest show of the tour so far.

Does it even make sense to anyone in the venue except those of us hardcore enough to know who his family members are? He was also mumbling enough that I didn't realise it was about Eli until someone with clearly better ears transcribed it on Twitter; I only made out the stuff thanking his wife for going home, not what for.

Honestly, I don't know or really care, and I don't mean that to be short or snippy. I just enjoy the concert experience for myself and hope others are as well. It's an interlude to cover what would otherwise be a very awkward transition between Acrobat and You're the Best Thing at the end of the day, I'm not 100% sure it really matters WHAT he's saying.

Honestly, I don't know or really care, and I don't mean that to be short or snippy. I just enjoy the concert experience for myself and hope others are as well. It's an interlude to cover what would otherwise be a very awkward transition between Acrobat and You're the Best Thing at the end of the day, I'm not 100% sure it really matters WHAT he's saying.

I really don't get why they don't use The Showman as the transition there. I mean, OK, it means they have to do one extra song, and it's not a song I particularly care to hear, but it would make sense after Acrobat given the theme, and it wouldn't give us whiplash leading into Best Thing.

Instead we get clumsy snippet-or-speech time.

DdnBTJuVQAApATR.jpg:large

Shouldn't you have learnt by now never to be so optimistic! :lol:

I always, and will continue to, fall in the trap...

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
12 - Elevation
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
17 - Staring at the Sun
20 - American Soul
21 - City of Blinding Lights

The Showman is a natural bridge in the Experience set so of course they won't touch it.

There's no way they take this segment to Europe, right?

Gonna be interesting what they do in Montreal. Europe will presumably get a new ending to the main set, but two Canadian shows in the middle of the US run? I guess they just won't raise the American flag (which is pretty damn cringey for an Irish band to be doing in the first place).

Gonna be interesting what they do in Montreal. Europe will presumably get a new ending to the main set, but two Canadian shows in the middle of the US run? I guess they just won't raise the American flag (which is pretty damn cringey for an Irish band to be doing in the first place).
Good point, will be interesting.

I think Desire, Showman, Acrobat would be a good sequence, in whatever order. Maybe Desire, Acrobat, Showman, Landlady, Best Thing. :wink: It seems like Bono is trying to transition from being weird to being himself again between Acrobat and Best Thing.

red and one graphics on the screen. not a good sign for horses

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
12 - Elevation
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
17 - Staring at the Sun
20 - American Soul
21 - City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
22 - One