Omaha Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2gigs
‏ @u2gigs
1m1 minute ago

16. The Best Thing. Over the intro, Bono seems to be reciting a kind of message to his wife back home. #U2eiTour

i was listening to one of the LA shows and he did it there too. talked about the kids flying 11 hours from ireland and he'd see them in an hour.

looking at it through periscope, the b-stage is dark but you can see him talking on the screen. they used that time to pull larry's kit off the stage so they start up best thing with him just playing the bongo's.

CenturyLink Center - Omaha, NE - May 19, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet)
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
11 - Psalm 23 (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You’re the Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring at the Sun

I'm with you. Love it so much. Although, it would be pretty sweet to hear Gone and Please again.

I hate that it even has to be an either or kind of thing. Can't we just have a few songs from Pop? Especially Please, it fits thematically, so so well.

Earlier...

Bono talking to the mirror, as if it's Ali:

"Thank you for being home. I missed Eli's graduation today Thank you for being there and traveling such a distance to see it."

Ali was in attendance for both Los Angeles shows, so she must have flown home on Thursday or Friday.

I just wish they continued what they did for most of last year’s tour and just play full band versions.

CenturyLink Center - Omaha, NE - May 19, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet)
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
11 - Psalm 23 (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Alabama Song (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You’re the Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring at the Sun
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

IDK what just happened, but something about that was way off. Doesn't Bono usually do the This is Not Americas before the song actually starts? And then the video is supposed to change to MLK when the song really kicks in, but it was way off, and then they seemed to be trying to loop the intro or something.

Just weird. Or maybe my memory is wrong.

This was my observation at both LA 1 and LA 2. I was shocked by the response the song got.

I think SATS was a slightly bigger radio hit than people are remembering (at least in the US). I remember hearing it often summer of '97 (of course this was in Utah)

i was listening to one of the LA shows and he did it there too. talked about the kids flying 11 hours from ireland and he'd see them in an hour.

That at least made sense, doing the dedications to his wife and kids in LA and Las Vegas, though it was pretty damn sappy and I'd be embarrassed as hell if that was my dad.

Tonight's one with none of his family there... clearly Bono's feeling stuff strongly now. But keep your wacky sappy public displays of affection to yourself mate.

Earlier...

Bono talking to the mirror, as if it's Ali:

"Thank you for being home. I missed Eli's graduation today Thank you for being there and traveling such a distance to see it."

Ali was in attendance for both Los Angeles shows, so she must have flown home on Thursday or Friday.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my girlfriend after seeing the STL show.

She asked, "Are any of them married?" And I said, "Yeah, all of them." She thought that was cool. I think she was genuinely surprised at how normal and down to earth they actually are considering they're one of the biggest bands in the world and all.

IDK what just happened, but something about that was way off. Doesn't Bono usually do the This is Not Americas before the song actually starts? And then the video is supposed to change to MLK when the song really kicks in, but it was way off, and then they seemed to be trying to loop the intro or something.

Just weird. Or maybe my memory is wrong.

They flubbed the intro too. Edge started early.

That at least made sense, doing the dedications to his wife and kids in LA and Las Vegas, though it was pretty damn sappy and I'd be embarrassed as hell if that was my dad.

Tonight's one with none of his family there... clearly Bono's feeling stuff strongly now. But keep your wacky sappy public displays of affection to yourself mate.

Eli's graduation was today, so he missed it...

Ahhhh give the guy a break :p. It's a theatrical performance, and it really does fit in the moment. I also got a kick out of the acknowledgement that with Eve entering the entertainment industry he didn't know how worried he should be about it.

I would love a really good picture of Bono in that circus ring looking screen playing the harmonica, if anyone's come across one.

i need a picture big enough to turn into a poster for my office
either of the band in the cage during blackout
or on the b-stage and on the screen (elevation -> acrobat)
or during pride - band on the screen and spread out on the floor

u2start had a great archive of photos going back through the years. not sure what happened they don't load up anymore.

Last edited:
I think SATS was a slightly bigger radio hit than people are remembering (at least in the US). I remember hearing it often summer of '97 (of course this was in Utah)

Compared to how they're charting these days it was a monster hit.

I think the SATS-Pride moment is the most powerful of the show. It's everything they want Get Out-American Sales to be and never will.

Back
Top Bottom