Los Angeles #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m not he biggest setlist complainer - but this practice of dropping songs for he second night and zero to little changing is pretty fucking lame.

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 16, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
05 - All Because of You
06 - Beautiful Day / Black Hole Sun (snippet)
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
11 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
12 - Until the End of the World / Amsterdam (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
13 - Elevation
14 - Vertigo / Rebel Yell (snippet)
15 - Desire
16 - Acrobat
17 - You're the Best Thing About Me
18 - Staring at the Sun
19 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
20 - Get Out of Your Own Way
21 - American Soul
22 - City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
23 - One / Invisible (snippet)
24 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way

That's it...going east. And to bed.

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
05 - All Because of You
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
13 - Elevation
15 - Desire
16 - Acrobat
18 - Staring at the Sun
21 - American Soul
25 - 13 (There is a Light)

So far, I'm glad I've only bought tickets for one show.

This is a disappointment. They can do much better and have.

Great time tonight on the floor. It was easy to move from the catwalk to e stage and back up but the entire segment after Pride is a listless (ha) drag.

This is a picture I took of Bono pissing on the notion of meaningful setlist rotations.

IMG_5726.JPG

Just got back from the Forum. I sure called it yesterday regarding night 2 getting hosed w/no Gloria or RFD. But hey, we got a fair version of ABOY, lol! But even disregarding that, in my 38 years of seeing U2, this is probably my least favorite, most disappointing show I've seen them do. The audience rarely really got into the show. There's certainly a few high points and Acrobat fully lived up to it's potential, but there's so much I didn't like about this show, I am really glad I only did one show this tour. I'll post a long review tomorrow.....

i had seats on e stage side night1 (200 level) and crowd was pretty dead but the show floored me

our seats on main stage side tonight were better in terms of audience energy. i was bummed about one less song but was a decent swap as i'd never heard ABOY.

the snippets of black hole sun and rebel yell were fun. in fact i got into the party aspect of elevation/vertigo pairing whereas last night i questioned their place in the setlist.

acrobat was incredible tonight. i preferred american soul on night1. ultimately glad i did both for the varied perspective in arena. it will be another few years until i see u2 again and will look back fondly on tonight. it's not every day u2 plays on your 40th birthday. thanks guys!

That's it...going east. And to bed.

02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
05 - All Because of You
07 - The Ocean
09 - Cedarwood Road
13 - Elevation
15 - Desire
16 - Acrobat
18 - Staring at the Sun
21 - American Soul
25 - 13 (There is a Light)

Hey cheers man, after the troubles with coverage today for U2gigs this was most helpful to me in updating the databsse. :up:

This is a picture I took of Bono pissing on the notion of meaningful setlist rotations.

View attachment 11937

:lol:

You've been on fire lately. Not Edge style, but proper Interference fire.

Great time tonight on the floor. It was easy to move from the catwalk to e stage and back up but the entire segment after Pride is a listless (ha) drag.

Just got back from the show, and yeah, this. The energy just kind of died after Pride. Really don't understand why they think Get Out Of Your Own Way and American Soul are strong enough to be the climax of the main set. Half the crowd left after One, which suggests to me lots of people realize they can read setlists on the internet now. It's a pretty strong show hampered by a head scratching final run of songs.

Staring At The Sun sure was lovely though.

Half the crowd left after One, which suggests to me lots of people realize they can read setlists on the internet now. It's a pretty strong show hampered by a head scratching final run of songs.

Staring At The Sun sure was lovely though.

Yeah, I saw a lot of empty seats during 13. Shame they're leaving early because IMO Love Is Bigger got the best reception of all the new songs last night.

And they better not rotate out SATS because it sounds frickin gorgeous. Did not expect SATS-Pride to be my highlight of the show, but these things happen!

And they better not rotate out SATS because it sounds frickin gorgeous. Did not expect SATS-Pride to be my highlight of the show, but these things happen!

Strong agree. That pairing hit me much harder than I was expecting. It probably didn't hurt that they absolutely nailed Staring At The Sun, which I understand they've been fucking up a lot on this tour.

Strong agree. That pairing hit me much harder than I was expecting. It probably didn't hurt that they absolutely nailed Staring At The Sun, which I understand they've been fucking up a lot on this tour.

Bono screwed up when I saw it and it still worked!

No regrets for only doing LA1. Shame to see 2nd nights getting less love.

Comparing the Tulsa set list to St Louis. Now LA1 to LA2 . . . . . . I wonder if the shows that don't sell as well (St Louis/LA2) get a couple less songs.

Probably not. But there has to be a reason.

I'm trying to stay positive. I had a great time at both shows I went to. Glad I didn't scoop up more tickets, but I'm glad I saw it twice.

Before the tour started, U2's insta and twitter said "Nothing to stop this being the best tour ever", but they really should have said "This is a tour-or-or for someone". And that someone is Bono. This isn't a tour for the hardcore, despite being thrown Acrobat and mentions of Pop. This isn't a tour for the casual, confused by 13 and missing Streets. This is a tour so Bono can stage a Broadway production about his life (not even the band's life).

I genuinely hope he gets some catharsis from this. As someone who loves both SoI and SoE, I'm moved. But the sum of the whole isn't as good as it's parts for anyone but Bono.

The audience rarely really got into the show.

I could *not* disagree more. Bono had to shut the crowd up so he could start 13. I was up in the 200 level and could see the whole arena and they were totally into almost every second of it (except my section, 211, who were fairly low-energy :boo:).

And as I've said elsewhere, two shows is *perfect* for this tour. One on the floor, one in a good seat. I couldn't see ANY of the lights on the E stage last night, had no idea they were even there. Didn't realize that Adam and Edge are playing on those little platforms towards the end. Couldn't enjoy the AR (which was pretty cool). But got to be right there in the crowd and had a blast. Last night I could see everything, had a great view, and a very lovely show, though I was sad not to get RFD, and I honestly was underwhelmed by that performance of ABOY.

Back
Top Bottom