Los Angeles #1 Setlist Party - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #101
Refugee

Local Time: 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Also, I'm sick to death of hearing about "casual" fans, and won't except it as an excuse anymore after last night. Bono fucked up SATS, and the crowd completely took over. I realize it's a single, but it was not even close to a hit, and it's not a standard, and you could definitely hear the crowd pick Bono up when he flubbed the words to start, and then did it a SECOND time. PEOPLE KNOW THE SONGS. Stop using it as an excuse not to play them.
I heard that too. I wish he picked up where we left off instead of starting over. Would have been a lovely moment.

superchuk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #102
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:39 PM
Los Angeles #1 Setlist Party

This set list just really continues to leave me less than enthused. Cool they’re playing acrobat, red flag day and are seeming to be keeping gloria for the time being but other than that...

Gonna Run 2 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #103
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
That take on The Best Thing IS boring as shit, though. I can appreciate a sparser version of something but that ain't the song to deconstruct. Total pee break.

Yup. I actually really like that song. It’s a bit cheesy, but fun and an infectious groove. But, this version is indeed boring as shit. It’s too slow and Bono’s delivery is like a creepy lounge singer.
brooklynmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:25 PM   #104
Refugee

Local Time: 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuk5 View Post
Report from the floor: that was one helluva show. GA in the Edge-Side “armpit” of the e stage gave some great views. They sounded fantastic and the crowd around me was really into it. Of the 4 shows I’ve been to, this may have been my favorite. It’s a full and complete thematic experience. Hell, even the Acrobat-Best Thing transition worked. The new songs sounded great (even American Soul!). SATS with the Charlottesville images was the most powerful moment for me. One critique is I think they should be playing Streets in COBL’s slot. And stick something before One in the encore. Otherwise, I retract my previous setlist complaints (including recycling the iNNOCENCE suite). Sure it may stay static and this is boring for us at home, but the show has a huge impact live. Keep it up boys. No legacy acts here.

Oh, and #something
Good to hear it!

So it seems like the best spot in GA is closer to the e-stage while maybe still having a view of the main stage/screen?
RoKKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #105
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKKeR View Post
Good to hear it!

So it seems like the best spot in GA is closer to the e-stage while maybe still having a view of the main stage/screen?
I loved my spot, but there were two downsides:
1. Main stage could be hard to see at times. For most of the night I could find a window, but I never got a good view of all four of them playing there
2. Could not see Bono inside the screen on Cedarwood Road since I was 2-4 people away from the catwalk. I really didn't care, but thought I'd mention it.

superchuk5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
experience, innocence, los angeles, party, setlist, tour, tumbleweed, u2