Lisbon #2 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
giphy.gif

I'll be around, show starting soon.

Last edited:
I’ll be in a “hurry up and wait” situation for the next hour of work, so I’ll be checking in every 2 minutes out of boredom!

They started a record-breaking 0 minutes late tonight.
And the song in tonight's "rotational slot" is...
All Because of You

Seriously, what the fuckin fuck happened to Gloria and Electric Co. in that slot? Both are infinitely better than ABOY.

Altice Arena - Lisbon, Portugal - September 17, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - The Ocean
07 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
08 - Cedarwood Road
09 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
10 - Lord of the Flies (snippet) / Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Looking Glass (snippet) / Acrobat
15 - You're the Best Thing About Me
16 - Summer of Love
17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
19 - New Year's Day
20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
21 - One
22 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
23 - 13 (There is a Light)

These aren't setlist parties anymore, they're setlist funerals.

If this was Facebook, I would like this comment!

I’m going to inject a little bit of positivity here. I am very impressed at Edge’s execution of the acrobat solo. As a guitarist myself, I can attest that it’s kind of difficult to perfect the technique he uses in that solo. To play with such ferocity and precision at the same time is tricky, and something that Edge has seldom done in his career. The dude still has the chops, he just chooses not use them as often.

Also, I am glad New Years Day is a staple. This show was screaming for an older hit, and especially in that spot.

Most likely they're just playing it safe in case Bono throws his voice out again, or the possibility they're actually tired from touring and are just going through the motions at this point.

Would it make more sense just to have one master setlist discussion thread at this point? A running, multi-month funeral, so to speak?

Also, what ever happened to the interesting soundchecks over the past couple of weeks? Crazy...

If this was Facebook, I would like this comment!

I’m going to inject a little bit of positivity here. I am very impressed at Edge’s execution of the acrobat solo. As a guitarist myself, I can attest that it’s kind of difficult to perfect the technique he uses in that solo. To play with such ferocity and precision at the same time is tricky, and something that Edge has seldom done in his career. The dude still has the chops, he just chooses not use them as often.

Also, I am glad New Years Day is a staple. This show was screaming for an older hit, and especially in that spot.

Not sure if I understand the logic of still playing NYD, Follow, Pride but completely abandoning the JT material... those songs are older than JT but also playing Elevation, One, Beautiful Day... the newerish stuff, how that still sticks around.

Back
Top Bottom