Dublin #4 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
I’ll be on a plane towards the end of the 1st set. Watch them drop a surprise in the 2nd half.

Back to an early start tonight.

3Arena - Dublin, Ireland - November 10, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout

Oh good, that means we might have our first 24-song set in a long time.

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria

I’m out. Back later to post the rest of the set.

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith’s Gloria (snippet)
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Dirty Day
07 - Zoo Station
08 - The Fly
09 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

If U2 don’t release anything or tour by 2022 or 2023, then we can panic about the end being near. Otherwise, it’s just business as usual.

2022 seems so far away. But it’s only 4 years out. 4 years ago, SOI was released. That doesn’t feel like it was very long ago to me.

Also, hopefully Landlady returns, and stays in the set for the Berlin DVD filming. I’m all about having pro-shot versions of as many songs as possible.

Also, RIP Red Flag Day... you deserved better. Now you’ll always be the song that broke Bono’s voice. Glad I got to see you in person!

Last edited:
Just walked out of the show, it was really good but man, crowd singing 40 and then not playing it was a real burn. Really thought they would.

Landlady was a nice touch, my pops was so stoked. His favorite new song.

Good stuff all around, could be a while before we see them again.

Also, hopefully Landlady returns, and stays in the set for the Berlin DVD filming. I’m all about having pro-shot versions of as many songs as possible.

Also, RIP Red Flag Day... you deserved better. Now you’ll always be the song that broke Bono’s voice. Glad I got to see you in person!

Must admit I don't get the love for Landlady, it's u2 at their most Coldplay-ish a bland bit guitar pop

1 more show...

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith’s Gloria (snippet)
05 - Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
06 - Dirty Day
07 - Zoo Station
08 - The Fly
09 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------
11 - Elevation
12 - Vertigo / It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 - Acrobat
15 - The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet] / You're the Best Thing About Me
16 - Summer of Love
17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
19 - New Year's Day
20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
21 - Landlady
22 - One
23 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
24 - 13 (There is a Light) / The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) [snippet]

Last edited:
Flew in from Philly this week and explored the whole country. Weather was off and on but that’s what we expected in November. I will say the set in Europe was just so much better than the States. Sat in the stands (Block G) on Monday and GA floor tonight. The energy in the stands was brutal I thought. 90% of the audience even in that front section sat the whole show. When we stood for Zoo, The Fly, Horses (high energy songs) people kept asking us to sit. My response was am I really in Dublin? Was shocked by that. Was expecting more from the crowd but didn’t even touch MSG or some other US shows where very few people sat. Energy was much much better on floor. Really glad we came because not sure how long it will be until we meet again. They’ve earned a long multi-year break after the last few years of heavy touring. All in all, great show and great set. The majority of the fellow U2 fans in Europe were awesome and it was great to explore the country as well. Killarney was great, as was the ride through Dingle. Will follow along for the final show in Berlin. Was a bit sad during 13 tonight knowing this is it for awhile. Similar feeling to being at Magnetic Hill in Canada for the 360 finale. Looks bleak now but health allowing they’ll be back.

Wow, the setlist really has changed over time. It sort of became the Zoo TV tour in the middle lol. There's about eight songs in this setlist that weren't played at my show, so it would've been really cool if I had been at this one, too. But that would have been totally impossible based off of my current life situation

So one more show? They've been touring for awhile, they deserve a break. Hopefully the tour ends on a positive note.

Back
Top Bottom