Chicago #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as U2 try to push their new songs as being among their best because they feel like they’ve improved as song writers and have finally learned how to play (blah blah blah) they still can never beat the fact of life - Nothing beats the old stuff.

Gotta disagree.
For me there are songs from ATYCLB, Bomb, NOLTH, SO I & DOE that are very close or equal to my favorites from AB & JT.

Speaking of the Joshua Tree tour, I'm listening to a recording of the Santa Clara show and it sounds really, really good. I remember not being 100% impressed at the time, but damn this is a good show.

Yep. Loved my JT30 show - they sounded great and the crowd was fun and attentive. Just wished it was at least 15 minutes longer, and they could have taken out Miss Sarajevo - it was the only downer.

Last edited:
At this point I'd be okay with full on heritage greatest hits tour.

Yeap….it would be better then 15ish of the 24ish songs they are playing all being from the 2000's forward for a band that's best material was in the 80's and 90's (not that there are not certainly enjoyable works of theirs after).

This is so wrong. :tsk: I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your souls.

This is so wrong. :tsk: I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your souls.

Songs they haven't played much lately that I'd rather hear live than anything off of SOI/SOE:
Twilight, Stories for Boys, A Day Without Me, Another Time Another Place.
Gloria, I Threw a Brick, Fire
Seconds, Like a song, Drowning Man,Two Hearts, Surrender, 40
A Sort of Homecoming, Wire
Hawkmoon, Silver and Gold, Love Rescue Me, Heartland, God Pt2, All I Want is You
Zoo Station, Wild Horses, So Cruel, Tryin to Throw Your Arms, Love is Blindness
Numb, Lemon, Dirty Day
Discoteque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, Gone, Please, Wake Up Dead Man
Kite, New York

I hate SOE but I kinda want them to play songs off of that album as much as they can because, you know, they worked hard on those songs and they're always somewhat about presenting new songs they made in the concert.

So I loved the show last night. Yes, there were other songs I would’ve preferred to hear, but there always is. I thought that setlist looked kinda lame on paper. But in person, the show was incredible and flowed very well. I enjoyed it so much more than the JT shows I saw, and the band seemed to enjoy it more too. The “13” ending actually worked very well in the context of the show.

That being said, I actually hope the next tour is nothing like this. I hope next time there is no theme, narrative or story arc. Just U2, on a stage, playing songs. Even the greatest hits wouldn’t bother me, with a few rarities sprinkled in.

I have no problem with newer stuff. It just boggles my mind that Little Things, Troubles, and Reach Me Now haven’t been considered to be played live.

They'll stubbornly stick to Get Out, Best Thing And Am Soul for the rest of the tour.

Oh stop.

I'm looking forward to the new material, and hope that this isn't the last time album.

But at the same time, they have such an amazing catalog, and knowing that they're incapable of having anything but a static set, is love to have one tour where they just play all of their classic songs. It would be amazing.

I think this deserves it's own thread

But what to call it?

boom!

LhQ5izH.gif

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/create-a-greatest-hits-style-tour-setlist-222297.html

When is Actung Baby's 30th anniversary? That will be the next time there might be some imagination in setlist.....minus the prerequisite One, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and Elevation.

I could see American Soul staying if they a) get rid of the giant flag; and b) change the chorus to "went there looking for American Soul."

Really curious to see how they handle the song outside of the US. I think they can easily switch out the tiki-torch-KKK graphics on SATS for the right-wing stuff that's been going on in Europe, so that shouldn't be too big an issue.

I don’t understand the U2 fan base and interference *vitriol* for Get Out.

It was weird watching it live and being the only person in the house enjoying it. Well, along with the same 5 people on the rail who will scream for anything.

I neither love nor hate the song. I could sense Bono's frustration in San Jose that people weren't singing along.

But to be fair, the chorus is at a low enough pitch that even if everyone is singing along, it's not as loud as, say, the Pride chorus. The oh-oh-ohs are one thing, but the actual words? Hard to sing that loudly.

Back
Top Bottom