Will there be another US leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they were ever going to try to plan yet another leg around skipping LA, maybe they should take that as a hint.

All that being said, I firmly believe there will be no 2019 NA tour. Outside of some Canadians, pretty much anybody in the US who has wanted to see U2 has had a plethora of opportunities between 2015, 17 and 18.

I love pushing Edmonton? I never have been and most likely never will go to Edmonton. But, most arena tours stop in Edmonton, especially since they built a brand new arena, and many acts do 2 shows there. It’s a bigger market than most think. Maybe 1 show? Whatever, who gives a fuck?

?

Relax, I'm just F'in with you, just noticed that very time you make one of these lists of potential cities you have Edmonton getting 2 shows.

Ok, so I need some asvice then. I can’t assume they will do another leg, so I’m doing Philly. I want floor tickets. How long should I wait for stubhub? They’re at $138 now. Will they go down closer to or should I jump on them now?

Ok, so I need some asvice then. I can’t assume they will do another leg, so I’m doing Philly. I want floor tickets. How long should I wait for stubhub? They’re at $138 now. Will they go down closer to or should I jump on them now?
Depends.

If you absolutely want GA and won't settle for anything else, just get them now and get it over with. The difference in price isn't that great at $138.

There's a decent chance of a ticket drop that includes some GA as we get closer to the show, where you can get them at face + fees, but you'd be risking not getting in on time to grab one and then probably paying more than $138, or ending up somewhere else in the venue.

Depends.

If you absolutely want GA and won't settle for anything else, just get them now and get it over with. The difference in price isn't that great at $138.

There's a decent chance of a ticket drop that includes some GA as we get closer to the show, where you can get them at face + fees, but you'd be risking not getting in on time to grab one and then probably paying more than $138, or ending up somewhere else in the venue.

Thank you!

Poor wording. I realize Canada is very much a separate country from the US, and I respect that differentiation. I should’ve said North Americans have had a plethora of opportunities, except for a few Canadians. No disrespect intended.

I’ve only been to Canada once, for a friend’s bachelor party in Windsor. But man... what a time we had!!!

I would be surprised at another NA leg, but it depends on how they feel at the end of these two loegs I'd guess and the truth is, even tho there are tix available for most shows, they've already sold more than enough to make this a profitable tour;
There are some markets where they are as hot as ever, look at Nashville!
If they did another run through NA I'd expect it to look something like this
(all single nighters pending sales)

Vancouver
Portland/Seattle
LA
Denver
Phoenix
Minneapolis
Chicago
Detroit/Cleveland
Toronto
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Boston
NYC
Charlotte/Raleigh
Miami
Atlanta
Dallas
Houston

If they did another run through NA I'd expect it to look something like this
(all single nighters pending sales)

Vancouver
Portland/Seattle
LA
Denver
Phoenix
Minneapolis
Chicago
Detroit/Cleveland
Toronto
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Boston
NYC
Charlotte/Raleigh
Miami
Atlanta
Dallas
Houston

I'd take Atlanta off that list (they wouldn't come back through that small a market in back-to-back years).

Minneapolis and Toronto would probably work. Maybe Tampa could be added to the list, but that's a little shaky.

Having said that, I don't expect a 3rd leg at all.

I agree, I don't expect another leg, but you never know, especially if they plan to take a break for a couple of years after this.
As for Atlanta, it's sold out and like Nashville has a very strong secondary market
I was actually a little surprised Atlanta didn't get a 2nd show, especially with no Florida or Carolina shows

The Atlanta gig was put in a venue that has had issues with live nation. I believe there may have been a lawsuit at some point.

Basically they were accusing them of passing over this venue because it decided to go with AEG.

So i see them giving the arena one show and one show only as a "see, you're wrong (but secretly you're not wrong cause you're only getting one show when clearly you could have had two)" kinda deal.

Yes, there is enough uncovered ground in North America that they could justify another leg. But it would basically all be single night engagements, and many of them would have the upper level seats behind the stage blocked off, similar to St. Louis. Prices would need to be lowered, also.

It’s absolutely not going to happen, but it’d be a whole lot cooler if it did!

They could easily swing through next year and have a successful run. Whether they will or not is another question altogether, but it's certainly doable.

They've completely skipped over the Pacific Northwest, Toronto, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, most of Canada and Mexico.

Take those dates and toss in a couple shoes here in there in markets they know they can do 2 shows without issue (NY, Boston) a few places they could have done more (Atlanta) and boom, you've got a full tour itinerary.

I'm not arguing in favor of against this, and clearly it's long past due for them to visit Oceania, Asia, etc. But if they did decide to swing back this way, it's easily doable.

Take those dates and toss in a couple shoes here in there in markets they know they can do 2 shows without issue (NY, Boston) a few places they could have done more (Atlanta) and boom, you've got a full tour itinerary.

Not sure if you're making an Arrested Development reference or just leaving yourself wide open for one, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

giphy.gif

I think it's 50-50 at this point. Like it was said earlier, definitely enough markets in the US that they haven't gone too yet to justify it.

Then again, maybe they're waiting for the next tour to hit them :sexywink:

You just love pushing Edmonton. No way they sell out 2 shows there. 1 max.

And LA has shown that the population size does not equal demand.
They fare much better in some smaller markets, LA is an ambivalent city when it comes to rock tours (which seems crazy), no way they should go back there again on this tour.

Jacksonville?? No shot.

Toronto will sell out 2 shows in a half hour easily. They could accommodate a third show without much trouble by demand alone. My wife and I only got tickets last year because we had to call the accessible line due to my wife having three disabilities. It was her first U2 show ever and my second (my first was in 1992).

By the way, Axver, her disabilities, my numerous health issues and three kids under 12 make travelling to another city a logistical and financial impossibility, so for us U2 skipping Toronto is a very big deal.

Last edited:
Poor wording. I realize Canada is very much a separate country from the US, and I respect that differentiation. I should’ve said North Americans have had a plethora of opportunities, except for a few Canadians. No disrespect intended.

I’ve only been to Canada once, for a friend’s bachelor party in Windsor. But man... what a time we had!!!

And very different from the U.S. as well.....

Back
Top Bottom