We all must have Stockholm Syndrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruby00

Babyface
I'm furious about being jerked around with first the email saying I was going to get a pre-sale code and then 10 minutes later getting another email that they made an error and I won't get a pre-sale code after all.

However, despite that feeling of being so angry, I'm still hoping to get tickets by some method. Am I crazy? What's it going to take for me to stop spending thousands of dollars on this band through merchandise, fan club membership and tickets for concerts?

I know I'm not alone. I know there are a lot of other people who feel the same way. I'm just really upset about this all the way around. They've been my favorite band for almost 35 years and now I feel like, despite seeing the man behind the curtain who isn't actually a wizard, I'm still holding on to some kind of hope of getting tickets.

Sorry this happened to you...was there any explanation as to why? I do hope you get tickets somehow and that its not too expensive or difficult to obtain. And yes, we do all probably spend too much money to be treated like this.

No, the customer service guy that I talked to this morning said that the verified fan bullshit made the choices of who gets presale access and who doesn't and there's nothing they can do.

No, the customer service guy that I talked to this morning said that the verified fan bullshit made the choices of who gets presale access and who doesn't and there's nothing they can do.

Its crazy cause they never made it clear that this could happen during the presale.
Its clear for the general on sale that you're essentially in a lottery, but not so for the presale. Plus for general sale they made you sign up for specific show(s) to be verified. If they were doing a lottery for the presale they should have done the same so somebody in say Nashville doesn't get screwed when there would be plenty of presale tix available for that specific show.

It didn't affect me but its a colossal fuck up once again by U2,com.
Putting their fan club presale in the hands of Ticketmaster is bad form.

While I agree that it’s terrible form, they did disclose that there are no guarantees for codes. They also offered me a refund for my membership. I just signed up for Montréal and there’s a disclaimer. I remember reading the same thing for Boston.

IMG_7463.JPG

Wouldn't refunding your membership put you back at the end of the line and make you lose your status as a longtime subscriber? That's why I wouldn't automatically want to go refund, personally.

Wow, really sorry to hear and I would be pissed off too. Hope it all works out for you and you end up with the tickets you wanted.

Wouldn't refunding your membership put you back at the end of the line and make you lose your status as a longtime subscriber? That's why I wouldn't automatically want to go refund, personally.

Plus at the very least I'd wait to see if they added any shows and maybe you can get presale tix for those as the folks who participate this week will be out of the mix.

Plus at the very least I'd wait to see if they added any shows and maybe you can get presale tix for those as the folks who participate this week will be out of the mix.

Which brings me back to the Stockholm Syndrome theory. They jerk us around left and right, especially during presales, and yet we still keep trying to get tickets. I swear I'm some kind of idiot.

Which brings me back to the Stockholm Syndrome theory. They jerk us around left and right, especially during presales, and yet we still keep trying to get tickets. I swear I'm some kind of idiot.

No you're not, you are just doing what basically what most of us did to try and secure these pre-sale tickets. If it weren't for the pre-sale tix I don't think very many of us with bother with u2.com at all.

No you're not, you are just doing what basically what most of us did to try and secure these pre-sale tickets. If it weren't for the pre-sale tix I don't think very many of us with bother with u2.com at all.

I think I'm about done with my membership with u2.com. The fact they made no regular lower level side seats available for MSG in this presale is disgusting. Only if you wanna purchase VIP tickets. I'm better off just paying jacked up prices on stubhub. At least that site is honest with what's happening. I was on right at 7am(10am est) and have been looking all monring. There was NEVER a single seat available in the 6 lower bowl side sections at MSG. It's disgusting.

I heard about this email thing; that's fucked up. Does it have to do with "oops, we thought you were in eXperience, but you should be in the other group" and you'll get a code for tomorrow?

Or is it just "oops, our bad, no code for you at all"? If that's the case, that's really shitty. There's no reason to offer a presale code for $40 if you might not get one.

I heard about this email thing; that's fucked up. Does it have to do with "oops, we thought you were in eXperience, but you should be in the other group" and you'll get a code for tomorrow?

Or is it just "oops, our bad, no code for you at all"? If that's the case, that's really shitty. There's no reason to offer a presale code for $40 if you might not get one.

sadly, it appears to be both...

Looks like the mods on the official forum are wading through their PMs and helping people sort it out, and some people are reporting back that they got a code and were all set. I'm hoping it was just a giant, shitty error, and not appalling fuckery where not all who shelled out $40 will get a code due to some bullshit lottery.

Looks like the mods on the official forum are wading through their PMs and helping people sort it out, and some people are reporting back that they got a code and were all set. I'm hoping it was just a giant, shitty error, and not appalling fuckery where not all who shelled out $40 will get a code due to some bullshit lottery.

It's great to see the some people getting sorted!! - but I can report I was told by a supervisor (via phone) that I was 'not selected to receive a code and will not receive one'. He confirmed it was a Lottery. I'm in experience, no shady business, one account only, never over-purchased blah blah blah. He said it was a 90/10 split with 10 percent of experience members denied a code and he would be happy to refund my membership fee. I asked for some insight as to why the denials, he said he could not disclose that information. but that I should have known all along that this was a Lottery.

Ugh, hoping that's not the case. It seems like the phone reps don't always have the most accurate info when it comes to U2 pre-sales.

Ugh, hoping that's not the case. It seems like the phone reps don't always have the most accurate info when it comes to U2 pre-sales.

thanks and yeah you are right, it may not have been accurate information, although, I did ask to speak to a supervisor to try to get to the heart of the matter ... and if it wasn't a lottery then I'm not sure why he wasn't authorized to issue a code. He 'researched' my account and said it was all in order. It's baffling and disappointing.

This is starting to smell kind of bad here, to be honest, i wish someone within the band's management would at least address this.

You don't have a loyal following for all of these years and then shit on your most loyal followers. I wonder if there is something with live nation or ticketmaster that prohibits them from giving away a pre-sale ticket to all of the members?

And if so, why now? And why does that even matter, a ticket sold is a ticket sold?

Somebody needs to come clean....

The U2 fan club forums are down. It looks like the fans crashed the site with all of their loud roars. Maybe live nation will take them seriously and admit how totally they fucked this up.

So you renew your membership then verify your account then am I right In thinking it is literally a pot luck ballot to get a pre sale code? Is that right? If it is that's ridiculous, why don't everyone just get one.

I received an e-mail stating I would get a text today with my code but I was hoping they would add a Toronto show. I wouldn't mind flying to New York since I've never been there but I don't know yet if I'll be able to get those few days of because of our vacation bidding process at work...uggh, I don't know why they didn't add a Toronto show.

You renew and verify and that gets you a CHANCE at getting a presale code. Failing that I was told by a rep on the 855-number that I can try and buy tix on 11/20. I spoke w a supervisor who had nothing more to offer - I got no hints about new dates to be added. So I said send me my money back. Happy to feed a scalper or miss the show. Especially considering that I’ve been feeding the scalpers at U2.com w membership fees for years. They knew what they were doing. Thieves and liars. U2 should pay some fucking attention to how their corporate partners are treating/using their fan club.

Oh it just got better - I got an email from tixmaster telling me that if I verify register I can participate in a presale on 11/18. My U2.com membership gets me access to a sale on 11/20. Really fucking sweet that my U2.com prescription gets me this sort of access.

Back
Top Bottom