Ticketmaster Layout of Website Changed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm 39. I've bought tickets on ticketmaster for how long now? 15 or 20 years? I think closer to 20 it's been that way right? I'm old enough to remember waiting in line.

The website looks different to me. Now it's a sliding scale and unlocking crap. Is this only because of presale stuff? The APP seems the same as before.

However, I purchased tickets in first presale on ticketmaster.com and the drop down menus seemed the same. Now whenever I go to look at U2, I can never pick what I want from a drop down menu, instead i get that sliding scale of $45 - $575 and then on the right are tickets... you can't click on map... I can't choose GA....

Does it look like this for everyone? I'm on a Mac. Tired Chrome and Safari. Maybe it's just U2 and presale. I don't know.

I have no idea what is going on with the site. Sometimes I go on through my browser and it looks like the "old" method. Then I'll go on and it's the new "sliding scale" and map layout.

Even during the San Jose presales - it showed up in the old way first, and then when I went back later to look, it was the new layout.

So annoying.

So it's not just me.

Also I like hard tickets for all U2 shows, but so far 3 of my tickets aren't. I think 2 of them are the usual print out at home, one today was GoMobile. I don't know how they decide that. I know I can choose (and still change to hard tickets) but if I choose the paper method sometimes it's print at home, sometimes it's bring your cell phone and hope it works.

Also some of the tickets ticketmaster says you can sell or transfer, others are dark. No rhyme or reason why. So can't send them to a person on here via transfer which doesn't work well if you have go mobile.

None of it is consistent. I don't get what the rules are. for delivery methods, reselling, transferring, anything.

Why do they have to make every little piece so god damned difficult.

giphy.gif

Also anyone have a good website (ticketmaster when site map works used to help) that tells you if Seat 15 is the last seat in a particular row.

It's 2017 when it says sec 200, row 4, seat 18, I'd like to know if that's the aisle or two in.... because this fat guy with anxiety loves end seats. Why I love GA is not the great view and being close, I enjoy standing and being able to move around and not stuck in one place.

Tell me where the seats are exactly on the map. Why not? It's so easy!

Also anyone have a good website (ticketmaster when site map works used to help) that tells you if Seat 15 is the last seat in a particular row.

It's 2017 when it says sec 200, row 4, seat 18, I'd like to know if that's the aisle or two in.... because this fat guy with anxiety loves end seats. Why I love GA is not the great view and being close, I enjoy standing and being able to move around and not stuck in one place.

Tell me where the seats are exactly on the map. Why not? It's so easy!

Rule of thumb for most arenas is seat #1 is on left if you are facing the section.

You could pull up the seat map for a different event in the venue and check seat numbers.

Rule of thumb for most arenas is seat #1 is on left if you are facing the section.

You could pull up the seat map for a different event in the venue and check seat numbers.

Seat 1 is a dead giveaway for if its' on the aisle. But some rows have 10 seats, 17, 21... all different and section/arena/row specific.

They make the website intentionally complicated to move higher priced seats. How many times do you hear of people not seeing the GA option and panic buying?

They could also have the seat picker viewable all of the time, but then they wouldn't want to show lesser demand for some shows - which wouldn't fit in with their constant manipulation of demand.

Last edited:
All true. I haven't seen GA show up when it's the slider option at all. Not even for resale tickets.

Back
Top Bottom