TICKET DROPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to know this as well. Anyone know if they release tix the day of?

I didn’t even see people waiting for drops at msg. Was it not done the same way?

Friends of mine got GA's at MSG tonight around 7:40. Was told they only sold 10. There was apparently a drop before MSG 1 for GA around 7 pm as well. Not worth staying in line all day for imo. Especially if the show isn't even sold out.

Did they wait in a line for hours or just walk up to window?

I didnt see any GA drops the last two days but who knows. I did score killer lowers with full view for $112 via TM around 5:30 today though. So there was at least (price) drops aside from GA. On the little sleep ive had for days now sincs before I got to NYC Sunday, i was thankful for the low maintenance experience of Lowers, even if i was with the mellow older folks.

Top notch. Band on fire. Crowd into it. It was awesome. Msg shows get me going.

Anyone see any drops for tomorrow's show? Ticketmaster seems to only have the $331 tickets right now.

Weird, a ton of 112 tickets for weeks... maybe they just upped the price to 331 or "sold" them.

I'll have to keep checking. In LA, the prices for some seats in 200 level dropped to $49 the day before. I was surprised the NY shows don't seem to be dropping at all. For anyone who has sat in 112, kind of behind the band, how was it?

I'll have to keep checking. In LA, the prices for some seats in 200 level dropped to $49 the day before. I was surprised the NY shows don't seem to be dropping at all. For anyone who has sat in 112, kind of behind the band, how was it?

Most seats I see are resale ones. Actual standard seats are very very few. Probably why they haven’t dropped prime seats.
Msg3 did drop prices to $177 in sections 104 & 120 though last week. Those look all sold.

I see couple in Sec 115, 112, 177 tickets, but good view of stage (to me) at least

To my experience ticket drops usually happen 1-2 days before the show. That is when i have found tickets to U2 shows i previously didnt have. Such as GA to Metlife 1 and a extra GA to Stockholm 1.

Anyone have experience with ticket drops for the Europe shows?

Do they even have drops like they do in the US?

Yeah there will be drops just like 2015 all the Dublin shows had GA drops the week before & the days of the shows London was the same GA for shows TM make a big fuss so everyone pays £££££ of the 2nd sites they did the same when The Boss & ESB did Dublin in 2016 160,000 tixs SOLD OUT in half a day then the weeks before the shows tixs were every where for every section altho that was Stadiums this is Arenas.

Yeah there will be drops just like 2015 all the Dublin shows had GA drops the week before & the days of the shows London was the same GA for shows TM make a big fuss so everyone pays £££££ of the 2nd sites they did the same when The Boss & ESB did Dublin in 2016 160,000 tixs SOLD OUT in half a day then the weeks before the shows tixs were every where for every section altho that was Stadiums this is Arenas.

Just be aware that 24-48hr drops were plentiful in the US for the 2015 tour - but much less common for 2018. Not sure how much that was due to Verified Fan and other LN nonsense, but forewarned is fore armed...

Just be aware that 24-48hr drops were plentiful in the US for the 2015 tour - but much less common for 2018. Not sure how much that was due to Verified Fan and other LN nonsense, but forewarned is fore armed...

Happily we don't have verified scam here in the UK...

Has anyone been following ticket drops for Europe? Was hoping to be able to pick up a GA for Belfast 1. I found it pretty easy to get a few back in 2015 if I checked regularly, wondering if it's the same so far for 2018?

Has anyone been following ticket drops for Europe? Was hoping to be able to pick up a GA for Belfast 1. I found it pretty easy to get a few back in 2015 if I checked regularly, wondering if it's the same so far for 2018?

Drops have been plentiful , especially in the days before a gig.
None of the German dates actually sold out ,they had to cut alot of the 230 euro seats down to 126 euro to shift them.
Plenty of standing tickets released for all dates so far from what I can see.
I dont foresee you having any issues for Belfast.

Ticket drops

Remember when U2 tickets used to be tough to get? In 2015, 17 and 18 I waited to buy tickets, and in all 3 cases I was able to get better tickets for less money than if I would’ve just taken what I can get during the initial onsale.

This year I waited until about 2 weeks before and was able to buy a $300 ticket for about $100, and then I ended up being upgraded once I got to the arena for Chicago 2. I probably got the best deal in the entire house!

During the Vertigo Tour, you were lucky to get in the building, let alone a good spot. Things have changed now. Buying a fan club membership is absolutely pointless.

Last edited:
Remember when U2 tickets used to be tough to get? In 2015, 17 and 18 I waited to buy tickets, and in all 3 cases I was able to get better tickets for less money than if I would’ve just taken what I can get during the initial onsale.

This year I waited until about 2 weeks before and was able to buy a $300 ticket for about $100, and then I ended up being upgraded once I got to the arena for Chicago 2. I probably got the best deal in the entire house!

During the Vertigo Tour, you were lucky to get in the building, let alone a good spot. Things have changed now. Buying a fan club membership is absolutely pointless.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.... Believe me I'm not complaining as I scored some great seats just a day or two before the shows.

It's the 3rd tour in 4 years, so inevitable that demand may be less than back in 2005, plus u2 are not as popular as they were back then

Back
Top Bottom