This "Verified Fan" thing is for the birds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This "Verified Fan" thing is for the birds...

"accommodated"

IMG_7909.JPG

Have just googled VF and discovered to my horror that this bastard thing is being rolled out across the UK in 2018, so presumably U2 will use it for their UK and Ireland shows next year. And guessing Europe will also get it as well

It's good deal for Ticketbastard and Evil Nation isn't it- sell at face value, then effectively resale through its VF scheme and get the money again

So pre sales tomorrow -- where are the threads talking about part 2?

Have just googled VF and discovered to my horror that this bastard thing is being rolled out across the UK in 2018, so presumably U2 will use it for their UK and Ireland shows next year. And guessing Europe will also get it as well

Fuck. Off.

I assume this is why we don't have any dates announced yet?

Fuck. Off.

I assume this is why we don't have any dates announced yet?

Well said ,they can go and F Off with their rubbish algorithm.

We all have that ginger tosser Ed Sheeran to thank for this mess ,the guy is a complete hypocrite .

I was not able to get reasonably priced U2 tickets for two different shows for the first leg of the new tour. At this point this U2 fan is without tickets, and I blame this new verified fan system. I was unable to secure tickets in the u2com presale + the general sale, but stubhub had hundreds of U2 tickets for twice the amount as face value.

I'll skip this tour and refuse to over pay.

I was not able to get reasonably priced U2 tickets for two different shows for the first leg of the new tour. At this point this U2 fan is without tickets, and I blame this new verified fan system. I was unable to secure tickets in the u2com presale + the general sale, but stubhub had hundreds of U2 tickets for twice the amount as face value.

I'll skip this tour and refuse to over pay.

Were you in the Experience or Innocence group for pre-sales? I was in the Experience group and got GA tickets, $76 dollars each, for two different shows. Worked out fantastic. Did you try for GA?

There are actually many shows on this tour that still have tickets available at the $106, $76, and $41 price levels. I don't think you have to go through any of the verified BS to get them either.

I was attempting to score GA for the ATL show and by the time i switch to try for others all that was pulling up was $306 tickets I was in the experience presale group. Very frustrating, and it seems that some fans had a breeze with tickets while others are not. pretty much the same for the general. I figured I'd be able to get some in the general but no it was the same experience, GA sold out almost instantly and all that I was pulling was $306 seats.

And what bugs me was that they limit fanclub member to 2 tickets while citi presale allowed a total of 4. But I'm done with it and I'm not going to let the bastards grind me down. If I can get tickets fine (and I was hoping for a 2nd ATL show) but if not then I'll enjoy a bootleg. Not going to let it frustrate me. A lot going on in my life that trumps U2. (see what I did there). :D

In ATL they're playing a 13,000 seat arena so tickets are hard to find and expensive on the secondary market. In fact I just checked a I cant pull up 2 seats at any price. I traveled to Boston last summer to see them on the JT 2017 tour but I just wanted to see them in my home city.

No verified fan BS in europe atleast.

I caught up with an old U2 friend at a Killers show last night. We traded war stories from the Joshua Tree Tour shows we saw and the recent fan club sales. She was NOT happy with how hers turned out, or at least the effort and fruitless texts, etc. She said it was the first time since her Propaganda days that she even had any remote trouble getting the shows she wanted. I think she was able to get most of them anyway, but she also told me with some glee that the Verified Fan thing wasn't happening in Europe this time around.

I cant see them doing VF for the Dublin gigs. They already distributed codes and people have been holding on to them for Dublin.

Back
Top Bottom