The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
200w.gif

More general than list-related, but .... is back rail on the floor still a great spot, similar to IE? It still felt close to the stage on that tour, which was flipping awesome.

More general than list-related, but .... is back rail on the floor still a great spot, similar to IE? It still felt close to the stage on that tour, which was flipping awesome.

Not sure where exactly "back rail" was on IE, since everything felt like "front rail" to me (unless you were in RZ), but I read in another thread that this show (last night's anyway) is more focused on the ramp and e-stage, so the middle of the ramp is best.

Yes, that's where I hung out on IE. Mid-ramp on the barrier between Red Zone and GA, and it was awesome. Glad to see it's the same.

OK, boys and girls, I have a GA line story to tell you from Tulsa.

So I show up at the BOK Center around 1:00, and I see absolutely no one anywhere. I went inside to the ticket window and asked an employee where the GA line was. She says, “it’s at the other entrance, but you can use either door.” Huh. I went to get in the GA line, where there were probably 200 people in front of me, thinking I would get a number. It turned out they weren’t giving out numbers anymore, so I got in line, still pondering the deserted other entrance.

I started chatting with the guys in front of me, and I mentioned to them about my experience at the ticket window and how there was no one there. They said said they really wanted a rail, and so did I, so we hatched a plan. When it looked like it was almost time to go in, they went to check it out while I held our spot in case our plan failed and they really wouldn’t let GA in through the other door. They eventually texted me and said there were other GA people at that door and there really were no rules about a designated GA entrance, but the staff said not to tell anyone because there would have been chaos.

I then discreetly ditched the fan line, where I would have been #200-something, had there been numbers, and hiked over to the other door, where I was FOURTH IN LINE. (There were multiple metal detectors with people lined up at each one). We went through security, got down to the floor, grabbed rails, and watched a lot of people who had been way ahead of us in the other line trickle in, while high-fiving and being amazed that this was actually happening.

So if I hadn’t started out at the wrong door, I never would have accidentally found out that it was actually the right door.

I would like to thank my co-conspirators for a job well done and for making our rail dreams come true. :wave:

Names have been omitted in case anyone is mad.

Last edited:
Respect. I ended up with an awesome spot the same way in Seattle in 2011. Always worth asking about another entrance. Or just going to that entrance. Worst case scenario, you have to go to another entrance.

OK, boys and girls, I have a GA line story to tell you from Tulsa.

So I show up at the BOK Center around 1:00, and I see absolutely no one anywhere. I went inside to the ticket window and asked an employee where the GA line was. She says, “it’s at the other entrance, but you can use either door.” Huh. I went to get in the GA line, where there were probably 200 people in front of me, thinking I would get a number. It turned out they weren’t giving out numbers anymore, so I got in line, still pondering the deserted other entrance.

I started chatting with the guys in front of me, and I mentioned to them about my experience at the ticket window and how there was no one there. They said said they really wanted a rail, and so did I, so we hatched a plan. When it looked like it was almost time to go in, they went to check it out while I held our spot in case our plan failed and they really wouldn’t let GA in through the other door. They eventually texted me and said there were other GA people at that door and there really were no rules about a designated GA entrance, but the staff said not to tell anyone because there would have been chaos.

I then discreetly ditched the fan line, where I would have been #200-something, had there been numbers, and hiked over to the other door, where I was FOURTH IN LINE. (There were multiple metal detectors with people lined up at each one). We went through security, got down to the floor, grabbed rails, and watched a lot of people who had been way ahead of us in the other line trickle in, while high-fiving and being amazed that this was actually happening.

So if I hadn’t started out at the wrong door, I never would have accidentally found out that it was actually the right door.

I would like to thank my co-conspirators for a job well done and for making our rail dreams come true. :wave:

Names have been omitted in case anyone is mad.

That's hilarious. Good for you.

I was really hoping for some crying and Twitter pleas to Guy Oseary in that story. I think you should add some in just to spice it up a little.

My first thought was Boston in 2001!

Rachel, how many were at that entrance when you all got in? Cool story either way, especially since there didn't seem to be any drama involved with it. If the venue offers things like that, then I think it's fine. No one's guaranteed anything in those situations to begin with.

Sounds like only a few folks got in the other entrance with Rachel, so the regular line Nazis may not have even noticed and Vik didn't have to physically assault any women to claim his self anointed rail space, so no drama, but good for Rachel and her compatriots for following venue policy and getting rewarded.

My first thought was Boston in 2001!

Rachel, how many were at that entrance when you all got in? Cool story either way, especially since there didn't seem to be any drama involved with it. If the venue offers things like that, then I think it's fine. No one's guaranteed anything in those situations to begin with.

There were a lot of people lined up out the door and down the sidewalk, but they were mostly seat people. I was on the phone with my partner in crime saying “Where are you?” so that I looked like a late person looking for my group. I asked people if they would mind if I met up with my friends and they said they don’t care (because they were seat people and had nothing to lose). There happened to be a wall that was part of the ticket booth in front of the last two metal detectors, so there were only three people in each of those lines, and that’s where my pals happened to be. These lines weren’t visible from the doorway, so newcomers were automatically joining the longer lines. Another happy accident!

I think the Red Zone got in before we did, because there was a small crowd on the floor already. There’s no way that many regular GA people from the other line got in before us. There were only a handful of others with GA wristbands at this entrance, the rest had seats.

Good on the BOK center for having a plan and sticking to it... although I'm sure if the line runners were aware that there was a second line there would have been a bit more drama.

That’s why they told us to keep it to ourselves, and I also didn’t want to spread false information and make people lose their spots in line for no reason if it didn’t work out. I almost told some other people, but decided against it for these reasons. I thought about saying, “Come with me if you want a rail” and then leaving mysteriously without any explanation. :lol:

What I think happened here is that when there is a stadium show, there is a designated entrance for GA and that’s the only way to get in, so that’s what everyone was thinking. But this was an arena, and there were only two entrances instead of multiple gates, so the venue didn’t have assigned places for everyone to line up. But that didn’t occur to anyone. Add that to the herd mentality and the desire to be on The List, and there you have it.

Last edited:
I think the Red Zone got in before we did, because there was a small crowd on the floor already. There’s no way that many regular GA people from the other line got in before us. There were only a handful of others with GA wristbands at this entrance, the rest had seats.

in 2015 Red Zone were able to enter first, so presumably same this year.

I kinda recall that but then the usual suspects threw a fit and red zone was held back from then on. Expect the same this time.

Oh man I could have used that memo haha !!! I got my GA ticket shortly before doors I was three back from the catwalk mayby 12 people back from main stage but they were all tall in front of me haha

Back
Top Bottom