The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go easy on me, easy on me blocker
Go easy on me, easy on me Nate

When the lists go out
And you throw yourself about in the comfort where you find a seat
When the lists go out
Don't you ever doubt
The height of his hypocrisy

Go easy on me, easy on me blocker
Go easy on me, easy on me Nate

When the lists go out
And you throw yourself about in the comfort where you find a seat
When the lists go out
Don't you ever doubt
The height of his hypocrisy

Lists hide, transparency is not today's fate, Nate
You hog the rail, take up enough room for at least eight, Nate

I think using this thread to mock people for attending many multiple shows misses the point. If that's what you want to do, and you can afford to do so - why not? I know some fans who are at a large number of fans, and yes, they have jobs. Good ones, even.

Let's try to reserve the judgement for odd and/or piss poor behavior and bullshit multi-day check in lists.

And Nate. Always ok to mock him.

Agreed. I'm going to eight shows this tour. I know people who are going to far more than that. One thing doesn't always equal something else.

Reading through this thread has made me nostalgic and contemplate the GA Line world I was once a part of...

I will never forget my first experience with "the list" on the Vertigo tour. We got to Atlanta the night before the show and walked around the arena with our sleeping bags thinking we were the first people there. We stumbled onto a family (11pm...in November...sleeping on the streets of Atlanta...) who told us they had been there since earlier that day and we needed to write our names down and get numbers on our hands. We did so (I think I was 6 or 7). Not knowing anything else, this seemed at the time:
1. Legit
2. Like a great system
3. Like I couldn't fathom that anyone else would have any issue with what we were doing because we were stupid enough to come that early so surely what we were doing was cool...

Granted, there were more strict rules back then (couldn't leave for more than an hour...the venue actually had a section of pavement reserved for us, etc) but it's still remarkable to me how easy it is to just assume that's how things work. It's only after repeated shows and joining forums like this do you realize that's really NOT how things should work and several people monopolize entry up front. I wonder if the lists keep going because people like me that showed up and were whisked into this whole "system" don't really think twice about it being weird...

Also, for what it's worth - that family spent the entire day in line complaining about U2 shows. It was one of the more surreal experiences to have slept on the streets next to them...imagining what it was gonna be like to listen to Streets...only to listen to them say over and over again how terrible Streets sounded in the previous 15 shows they saw...

What a world.

Reading through this thread has made me nostalgic and contemplate the GA Line world I was once a part of...

I will never forget my first experience with "the list" on the Vertigo tour. We got to Atlanta the night before the show and walked around the arena with our sleeping bags thinking we were the first people there. We stumbled onto a family (11pm...in November...sleeping on the streets of Atlanta...) who told us they had been there since earlier that day and we needed to write our names down and get numbers on our hands. We did so (I think I was 6 or 7). Not knowing anything else, this seemed at the time:
1. Legit
2. Like a great system
3. Like I couldn't fathom that anyone else would have any issue with what we were doing because we were stupid enough to come that early so surely what we were doing was cool...

Granted, there were more strict rules back then (couldn't leave for more than an hour...the venue actually had a section of pavement reserved for us, etc) but it's still remarkable to me how easy it is to just assume that's how things work. It's only after repeated shows and joining forums like this do you realize that's really NOT how things should work and several people monopolize entry up front. I wonder if the lists keep going because people like me that showed up and were whisked into this whole "system" don't really think twice about it being weird...

Also, for what it's worth - that family spent the entire day in line complaining about U2 shows. It was one of the more surreal experiences to have slept on the streets next to them...imagining what it was gonna be like to listen to Streets...only to listen to them say over and over again how terrible Streets sounded in the previous 15 shows they saw...

What a world.
Well to be fair to them, Vertigo Streets is the worst Streets

Lists hide, transparency is not today's fate, Nate
You hog the rail, take up enough room for at least eight, Nate

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319] I just had this entertaining thought of singing these alternative lyrics loudly during the show

I like what the Springsteen organization did the last couple'a tours for floor GA, which is hand out numbered wristbands to those showing up early through the first half of the day, not allow lineups until the late afternoon than about an hour before doors open, have someone pick a random number out of a bag/box and that number is where the line starts.

Obviously, *any* system can be gamed, wristbands can be swapped, line jumpers, etc but of all the bands that I've seen play arenas with GA floor setups, this seemed to consistently work best.

Maybe it's time for U2 to have *all* reserved seating including the floor like the Rolling Stones.

new DC list location

591326a473f2f32d028b51da-750-512.jpg

Maybe it's time for U2 to have *all* reserved seating including the floor like the Rolling Stones.

nah

just because there's a few bad eggs doesn't mean the overall system doesn't mean they should change the whole thing.

just tweak it a little to ensure fairness, and as i've said for years - have an official touring presence from the band's management out on the streets ensuring everything is kosher.

this whole "we're going to make a list and it's totally fair because someone posted on a closed facebook group that it was behind the third tree to the left" bullcrap was allowed to flourish for one reason and one reason only - band management allowed it to.

there are many systems used by other acts that could work and be fair for all comers - or they could just work with the venue to have an official line up time, announce it in advance and then actually enforce it (i.e. first come first serve, nah your list doesn't mean shit because this dude got here at the time he was told before you).

until then, shenanigans will prevail.

If U2 had SEATS on the floor instead of GA, you better believe they’ll be roughly $400-500! The Stones charge at least that, and then scale it back as time goes by.

And can you imagine how much front row seats would go for, either officially or on the secondary market?

Ticketbastard would make an absolute mint from four-figure "secondary" sales.

Yeah, I agree the cost for floor seats would be astronomical, especially on the secondary (aka: TM's Verified Resales) market. This is why my last Rolling Stones show was over 2 decades ago - I refuse to shell out $500 - $1500 for a decent seat to see a legacy band especially in a shitty stadium - especially The Rose Bowl or Dodger Stadium.

nah

just because there's a few bad eggs doesn't mean the overall system doesn't mean they should change the whole thing.

just tweak it a little to ensure fairness, and as i've said for years - have an official touring presence from the band's management out on the streets ensuring everything is kosher.

this whole "we're going to make a list and it's totally fair because someone posted on a closed facebook group that it was behind the third tree to the left" bullcrap was allowed to flourish for one reason and one reason only - band management allowed it to.

there are many systems used by other acts that could work and be fair for all comers - or they could just work with the venue to have an official line up time, announce it in advance and then actually enforce it (i.e. first come first serve, nah your list doesn't mean shit because this dude got here at the time he was told before you).

until then, shenanigans will prevail.

Right. I know the one or two times I mentioned having some sort of "official presence" for the line elsewhere, it was shot down by people saying it "wasn't needed" and that what's happening now works. Okay, sure.

Springsteen seems like as fair as you can be to the few hundred or 1000+ that get to the venue before doors, but I can see some merit in thinking if you get there early enough, you deserve a chance to be up front. Didn't the guy who ran some GA site about Springsteen shows actually never have luck with the lottery himself? Thought I read that somewhere!

If U2 had SEATS on the floor instead of GA, you better believe they’ll be roughly $400-500! The Stones charge at least that, and then scale it back as time goes by.

That's part of the reason I still feel lucky that GA's still available for the price it is. I can only imagine what seating would do to prices and how people would try to fleece each other out of even more money.

And can you imagine how much front row seats would go for, either officially or on the secondary market?

Ticketbastard would make an absolute mint from four-figure "secondary" sales.

Exactly. I was looking at people like Bon Jovi's seating arrangements some of them into four figures. I like U2 and everything, but $1000+ for a first or second row seat?? I can't imagine it.

Yeah, I agree the cost for floor seats would be astronomical, especially on the secondary (aka: TM's Verified Resales) market. This is why my last Rolling Stones show was over 2 decades ago - I refuse to shell out $500 - $1500 for a decent seat to see a legacy band especially in a shitty stadium - especially The Rose Bowl or Dodger Stadium.

I saw the Stones at a college football stadium a few years ago. In the regular sale, I had a Row 30 seat come up on the field for $425. I balked and said that was ridiculous for a seat that far back.

Then come three days before showtime and I see a Row 4 seat come out to under half of that on StubHub... I finally pull the trigger and I have Jagger and Richards singing and strutting twenty feet away from me for some of the show at half the cost. And a lot of pot smokers around me! :lol:

If you want to see the Stones or McCartney though, that's the way to do it. Don't buy whatever's released in the regular sale, but wait for the prices on StubHub to drop to below face value in the days or hours leading up to the show. At least that's how it always worked for me. I'm sure they price out a fair share of scalpers that way, but unfortunately the flip side is that it's a little more work for the rest of us.

Fake list guy strikes at the Forum. Sounds like could be a fake list troll.
IMG_8144.JPG
IMG_8145.JPG
IMG_8146.JPG
IMG_8147.JPG

Last edited:
We had GA tickets for Vegas 2 and didn't want to worry about securing a good spot on the floor, so we strolled in around 7:30 with the intention of hanging around near the back. We ended up about 4 people deep along the middle of the catwalk because there was so much room. We were really close to the band at many points throughout the show. I came away seeing zero reason to line up hours in advance, though I've done that in the past. To each their own, I guess.

PERIMETER CHECKS.

What makes a list "fake" anyway. I hope this "fake list" guy's also ranting somewhere about these other people who've started a fake list and that he's in touch with security.

Oh fuck, I think I just lost the JT60 Melbourne fight right there.

Best of three? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom