SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it when I talk about NLOTH people don't seem to like it, but when I see someone else talk about it, nobody says anything? Not to be mean about anything.
:shifty:

the version of Magnificent that they played in 2015 was so good it should have a permanent spot in the set.

I just can’t help but imagine an intro with all the lights off, and Love is All We Have Left being played by Edge in Darkness, and Bono singing live from backstage. Perfect opportunity for the augmented reality to kick in with all the cosmos imagery. It’d be spectacular is vivid blue and black in total darkness, and then the lights can pulse on as the band launch into The Blackout.

Get these thoughts to the boys right now, would be pure insanity if they did this. :)

I just can’t help but imagine an intro with all the lights off, and Love is All We Have Left being played by Edge in Darkness, and Bono singing live from backstage. Perfect opportunity for the augmented reality to kick in with all the cosmos imagery. It’d be spectacular is vivid blue and black in total darkness, and then the lights can pulse on as the band launch into The Blackout.

Yes!

There’s no reason they can’t make songs from POP and NLOTH part of a rotation. I doubt the casuals are going to start booing when the opening notes of “Gone” begin.

I’d also love to hear the album version of Crazy Tonight live. I always thought that song got a little too much shit. Magnificent, Breathe and NLOTH would all be good tracks to see. Fuck it, play SUC or GOYB even!

I personally would be fine NEVER hearing SBS or Pride ever again at a show. I’d even be fine with Streets taking a break, as it doesn’t seem to lift off as much as it used to. When I saw U2 in 2015, BD, Vertigo and COBL got a much bigger reaction than Streets did.

This seems like an incredibly odd building choice for rehearsals

Venue Schedule

6:00: 12u travel hockey practice
7:30: beer league playoffs
9:00: U2

I hear what you're saying but a bit more info: It's hardly "beer league playoffs" as it's the Laval Rocket of the AHL. The top farm team of the Montreal Canadiens. The reason the venue exists.

Second, it does suck for rehearsals but I'd wager there aren't many suitably sized modern facilities on the continent that are available for two weeks straight uninterrupted.

So seems odd at first, but I'm sure options were limited.

I hear what you're saying but a bit more info: It's hardly "beer league playoffs" as it's the Laval Rocket of the AHL. The top farm team of the Montreal Canadiens. The reason the venue exists.

Second, it does suck for rehearsals but I'd wager there aren't many suitably sized modern facilities on the continent that are available for two weeks straight uninterrupted.

So seems odd at first, but I'm sure options were limited.
Welp...

We are told that there was some music heard early this evening after the band had arrived. There was a number of trials of the song “Acrobat” that could be heard, but these did not appear to be live, and it is expected that this was playback of previous recorded efforts, perhaps even last night’s performances.

The band did not have the venue to themselves this evening. The rinks in the building were in use, first for a small team of kids practicing their hockey skills, and later a couple of practices for older players. As there was a lot of traffic in and out of the building from these sports practices the band may have chosen not to do any live rehearsal work for the early part of the evening, and instead worked on the production itself instead of songs. The only vibrations that could be heard for most of the evening was the Zamboni machine cleaning the adjacent ice surfaces, leading to some fans singing “Zam-Bone-I” to the tune of “Volcano” while they waited.

So there's that

Regarding the other part... there's more than you think. Prior to coming to Canada the production team was practicing setting up the stage at the Izod Center in New Jersey, which is 100% vacant and isolated, meaning they could more or less do whatever they wanted with minimal risk of spoilers.

There's an even more isolated large venue rehearsal space in Amish country that's run by the people who create the stage.

Alas... we've seen that the band obviously like to rehearse in Canada for tax purposes (and for the poutine), which is why they're putting up with hockey moms, open skate and minor league playoffs.

Welp...

So there's that

Regarding the other part... there's more than you think. Prior to coming to Canada the production team was practicing setting up the stage at the Izod Center in New Jersey, which is 100% vacant and isolated, meaning they could more or less do whatever they wanted with minimal risk of spoilers.

There's an even more isolated large venue rehearsal space in Amish country that's run by the people who create the stage.

Alas... we've seen that the band obviously like to rehearse in Canada for tax purposes (and for the poutine), which is why they're putting up with hockey moms, open skate and minor league playoffs.

Headache, my suspicion is some of the "older players" were members of the Rocket as I saw some quotes from them in the media talking about how cool the screen was. And if they had to uncover the ice for a day for them, might as well cram in some rental revenue from the kids as well that day.

As for your other venue stuff, I did not know that. I just assumed options would be limited. Maybe Larry likes AHL hockey? ;)

Headache, my suspicion is some of the "older players" were members of the Rocket as I saw some quotes from them in the media talking about how cool the screen was. And if they had to uncover the ice for a day for them, might as well cram in some rental revenue from the kids as well that day.

As for your other venue stuff, I did not know that. I just assumed options would be limited. Maybe Larry likes AHL hockey? ;)
There are apparently 3 different rinks there... the arena, where they are rehearsing and where the AHL team practices, and 2 that are used by the community for youth leagues, open skate and adult leagues.

Welp...

So there's that

Is the Izod Center the old Meadowlands Arena? I've seen my share of shows there! And knowing it's just vacant and sitting there, I wonder why they just wouldn't rehearse there it's kinda out in the middle (or used to be) of Giants Stadium parking lot.

Is the Izod Center the old Meadowlands Arena? I've seen my share of shows there! And knowing it's just vacant and sitting there, I wonder why they just wouldn't rehearse there it's kinda out in the middle (or used to be) of Giants Stadium parking lot.
That's the one.

Just sitting there, but is available for rent specifically as a concert rehearsal space.

Alas, they're at the Laval Bell.

At least they didn't pick the LiAngelo Bell.

There’s no reason they can’t make songs from POP and NLOTH part of a rotation. I doubt the casuals are going to start booing when the opening notes of “Gone” begin.

I’d also love to hear the album version of Crazy Tonight live. I always thought that song got a little too much shit. Magnificent, Breathe and NLOTH would all be good tracks to see. Fuck it, play SUC or GOYB even!

I personally would be fine NEVER hearing SBS or Pride ever again at a show. I’d even be fine with Streets taking a break, as it doesn’t seem to lift off as much as it used to. When I saw U2 in 2015, BD, Vertigo and COBL got a much bigger reaction than Streets did.

ANOTHER ‘I’LL GO CRAZY’ FAN! Yessssss!!

Why is it when I talk about NLOTH people don't seem to like it, but when I see someone else talk about it, nobody says anything? Not to be mean about anything.
:shifty:

I wasn't awake to trash talk it.

Good lord you can barely make out anything.

Wait of 27 years is over.

Don't get ahead of yourself! (Yes, I'm still burned from listening to the band soundcheck Drowning Man.)

I wasn't awake to trash talk it.

Good lord you can barely make out anything.

Don't get ahead of yourself! (Yes, I'm still burned from listening to the band soundcheck Drowning Man.)
28dar6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom