Original "Two Nights" Setlists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge726

Babyface
Hey all,

Saw the Nassau show last night, incredible. Long time lurker here.

I noticed in the program a special section from Willie where he includes a drawing of a wheel that ultimately reveals what the setlists would have resembled for the original two-night "Innocence and Experience" Tour in 2015. I'll post them down below, as I don't think they've been shared before.

Last night was amazing. What a show.

INNOCENCE

Invisible
The Miracle
Vertigo
Rejoice
Cedarwood Road
Iris
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Raised By Wolves
Until The End of the World
Beautiful Day
Lucifers Hands/ I Will Follow
Punk Cover/ Out of Control
All Because of You/ Fast Cars
Every Breaking Wave
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride
-----------------
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
The Wanderer

EXPERIENCE

Invisible
The Fly
Vertigo Remix
Crystal Ballroom
Volcano
Elevation
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Playboy Mansion
Two Shots of Happy/ Stay
Ordinary Love/ The Sweetest Thing
Velvet Dress/ A Man and a Woman
Stuck In A Moment
The Troubles?? Can't make it out
Love Is Blindness
Bullet The Blue Sky
One Step Closer
City of Blinding Lights
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sleep Like A Baby Tonight (Bad)
Every Breaking Wave
California
With Or Without You
Song for Someone

Interesting to see how the two shows mirror the ultimate I.E. and EI shows. No Streets in the Experience shows.

I'm sure these would have changed but these were the working ideas that I could make out from images in the program. Thought I'd share this with you guys. Makes me think of what could have been.....

Hmmm, first time I’ve heard this and didn’t buy a program at the show I went too and surprised this hasn’t popped up before. Can you post a pic and if this were true, those would have been incredible back to back shows..

That would've been pretty damn good. If only they had actively sold the tour that way instead of whiffing on the promo (one quote on the website ain't enough) and worrying about The Casuals.

And yet... I+e *still* had more setlist variation.

Don’t know how to share photos. If anyone has a copy of the tour program, go to Willie’s section in the “Innocence” part of the book and see the pic with the wheel. It has each show broken down into thematic sections too. It’s insanely relevatory and I’ve been dying to know these setlists since the original rumor!

Don’t know how to share photos. If anyone has a copy of the tour program, go to Willie’s section in the “Innocence” part of the book and see the pic with the wheel. It has each show broken down into thematic sections too. It’s insanely relevatory and I’ve been dying to know these setlists since the original rumor!
The two sets also match up with some of the rumors from rehearsals, like Playboy Mansion.

I saw this posted on twitter a while back.

Dcwlu7WXcAAYLnQ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/bethandbono/status/994211119664455680

That's 4x as much thought and effort that went into the current setlist.

Night 2 would have been insane.

So funny, I was just about to post and ask if these sets ever got out/leaked. Then I flipped through the program and found the wheel. Now I know.

It's interesting because night 2, the "Experience" show, lacks "Streets". The "Experience" part of the tour obviously lacks Streets and the rest of JT due to last year's tour.

Seems that they couldn't find a way to get Streets into the Experience narrative in 2015 as well. Weird.

i just remembered they aren't even playing one of the best songs they played before from the album and now I'm annoyed again. Little Things instead of One maybe?

so I bought the program last night. There's a bit more to it.

This is what is said:

"Even the setlist process was unusual. Having planned the broad strokes of 'Night 1' and 'Night 2' song sequences, we realized that having arrived at the end, the whole cycle could start again. The setlist became a wheel of 60 songs from which you could pick any two opposing points to be the beginning and the end."

Yeah, gee, that would've been just awful. So glad they opted for just a few songs rotations, especially when they played the same venue EIGHT TIMES IN FOURTEEN DAYS

What a tour it could have been.

Though it sounds like the order would've been pretty static? Once you know song one, the rest follow in predetermined order?

Original "Two Nights" Setlists

Happy to see Rejoice was in the cards. Fits the narrative. So why not play the damn song?!

What a tour it could have been.

Though it sounds like the order would've been pretty static? Once you know song one, the rest follow in predetermined order?

Given the pool they were drawing from, I think I’d have been perfectly cool if Raised by Wolves opened of the shows I went to, even if I knew what was up next.

Back
Top Bottom