Openers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they will have an opener because they didn't have one on the SOI tour. Besides, I would much rather listen to U2 for 2 1/2 hours than to have an opener.

I'd rather stand through 45 minutes of silence than the fucking Lumineers again.

I saw One Republic in Cleveland. I’m not a fan of theirs, but they were really good. Beck in Detroit was horrible.

I'd rather stand through 45 minutes of silence than the fucking Lumineers again.

I actually enjoyed The Lumineers's set, haven't listened to the prior except their hit song.

So come at me bro! :wink:

This tour likely wont have any opener such as Innocence tour.

I saw One Republic in Cleveland. I’m not a fan of theirs, but they were really good. Beck in Detroit was horrible.

I was also at that show and had the same opinion. They were really good. They're a little poppy for my tastes, but I was impressed. I knew pretty much every song they played, but never knew they were all by the same band. That opening song was awesome.

Or Arcade Fire.

Might not be a bad idea for them if they had the opportunity, considering the hit they took with the album/promotion and poor ticket sales of the last tour. Remind people they are still a great band live (which they still are).

Big step down from headliner to opening act for a dinosaur rock act who apparently isn't exactly selling out venues on their current (upcoming? Whatever.) tour either. Short of a massive song, AF will be fine playing smaller venues in smaller markets next tour, perhaps even residency-style gigs in the bigger markets.

Haha! He'd also call me a cunt beforehand. BUT Noel billed as Noel isn't the same as Oasis, so not an equivalent comparison. And Oasis' height was much further back than AF's.

I am selfishly hoping for sellouts so I can nab 1-2 more area shows. :)

Haha! He'd also call me a cunt beforehand. BUT Noel billed as Noel isn't the same as Oasis, so not an equivalent comparison. And Oasis' height was much further back than AF's.

I am selfishly hoping for sellouts so I can nab 1-2 more area shows. :)

To be fair, U2 should have opened for Oasis in 1995 :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom