MSG Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway -- if you look up expensive concerts U2 I doesn't even crack the Top 10. Adele. Rolling Stones. One Direction. Taylor Swift. Then again, they don't seem to play as many shows as U2 does and Adele is retiring right?

Bruce is on broadway -- and his face value is crazy, but only 1000 seats. So cost/reward?

Tickets for Adeles concerts were not expensive at all,well certainly not in Europe and the US.
Hence scalpers made a fortune as her tickets were grossly underpriced.
I bought two seats to her gig in Dublin last minute.
I saw them on Ticketmaster for 128 euro a piece and they were in section D ,thats where the VIPS are .

So I'm just taking my seat a few minutes before the gig when in walks none other than Bono ,Colin Farrell and Hozier .
I was sitting 2 seats behind the boys !:drool:

I guess my half baked internet research was wrong

I guess my half baked internet research was wrong

I think Adeles most expensive tickets for the US were 150 dollars plus fees and the cheapest were ~35 dollars plus fees.
Thats very cheap in comparison to other rip off acts like The Stones.

I got tickets for MSG for $112 each in section 311. I hope they are good sears being they were the cheapest seats by far during the pre sale. I looked up the “view your seat” for MSG and they seem decent.

In other news, I just went to Ticketmaster to check out the 6/26 show and see if prices came down vs what I saw during the pre sale and they didn’t.

One more thing....this verified fan thing that all of you were complaining about worked out perfectly and was a huge benefit to the real and true U2 fans. Yeah, we had to re-up our membership and yeah the cheapest tickets offered were usually $330 but the system worked!!!! The scalpers lost ....they finally put in a system where people can’t take advantage of you in the secondary market and congratulations to Ticketmaster and U2 for believing in the system!

Wait....you don’t believe me? Well then look at this screen shot of these ticket resellers who are all VERIFIED, which means they are real fans not looking to jack up prices:

IMG_7907.JPG

See....good honest people not having to go into the secondary market just trying to resell their ticket to break even right on Ticketmaster’s own site. Yep....good job.....assholes.

Last edited:
One more thing....this verified fan thing that all of you were complaining about worked out perfectly and was a huge benefit to the real and true U2 fans. Yeah, we had to re-up our membership and yeah the cheapest tickets offered were usually $330 but the system worked!!!! The scalpers lost ....they finally put in a system where people can’t take advantage of you in the secondary market and congratulations to Ticketmaster and U2 for believing in the system!

Wait....you don’t believe me? Well then look at this screen shot of these ticket resellers who are all VERIFIED, which means they are real fans not looking to jack up prices:

View attachment 11669

See....good honest people not having to go into the secondary market just trying to resell their ticket to break even right on Ticketmaster’s own site. Yep....good job.....assholes.
To be fair, it doesn't take a scalpers to try and make a profit.

Whether or not this is working is not based on a comparison of ticket prices on the secondary market, rather by quantity of tickets.

I doubt anyone's kept track of those numbers to adequately compare.

To be fair, I got tickets. I got 2 GA and 2 Shitty seats by choice. I was able to pull up cheaper seats than 330 for all levels of presale and general sale.

So honestly, sure people will try to sell seats for 1000 bucks -- no one is buying them, probably do it hoping someone rich or stupid will buy by mistake -- and yes ticketmaster could easily fix that by setting a limit that you can't sell them for more than say 25% over face... whatever....

I just hear people complain all the time and it's not going to change. It is what it is. Somehow everyone I know figures out how to see shows they want to see....

Pickle Rick didn't give up -- so neither should you.

To be fair, I got tickets. I got 2 GA and 2 Shitty seats by choice. I was able to pull up cheaper seats than 330 for all levels of presale and general sale.

So honestly, sure people will try to sell seats for 1000 bucks -- no one is buying them, probably do it hoping someone rich or stupid will buy by mistake -- and yes ticketmaster could easily fix that by setting a limit that you can't sell them for more than say 25% over face... whatever....

I just hear people complain all the time and it's not going to change. It is what it is. Somehow everyone I know figures out how to see shows they want to see....

Pickle Rick didn't give up -- so neither should you.
It's actually not Ticketmaster's choice.

That NY wasn't able to have credit card only tickets is to ensure that the general public has the right to sell tickets for whatever they wanted

There's no perfect solution to the problem, unfortunately. There's always a loop hole.

Credit card only entry seems like the best answer, but then cuts off the actual fans who really try and help other fans out by selling for face. No credit card only entry opens it up to scalpers.

Pearl Jam puts it in their contract where they get the entire floor for fan club, and then enforce day of pickup for tickets. It's as close to perfect as you can get, but even they've had to to to a lottery system for the right to buy tickets to each show because the 10 Club got too big.

It all boils down to simple economics, big cities and markets like New York, London, Los Angeles and the like will transcend into a ridiculous demand to outspurt the ticket prices to ridiculous prices like you have all seen and mentioned.

This thread just proves that New York City is also a victim of its own success. There is this sort of prestige, trend or somehow "bettered" aspect of attending a U2 performance in the capital of the world, according to some peoples' minds.

You will pay more to park your car in NYC than to see a U2 show with a GA ticket. But yeah, it's the concert prices. Ha ha ha....

You will pay more to park your car in NYC than to see a U2 show with a GA ticket. But yeah, it's the concert prices. Ha ha ha....

For ie I bought 2 beers that I think were 10oz or maybe 12 oz and they cost $15 each! $30 for 2 watered down beers (Bud Light). Food was very expensive too.

It’s just sad really and it’s not U2, it’s these venues. I am a father of 2 boys, so if I want to go see a basketball game, it will cost an arm and a leg and that’s without even taking the ticket into account.

$30 for two beers!

It all boils down to simple economics, big cities and markets like New York, London, Los Angeles and the like will transcend into a ridiculous demand to outspurt the ticket prices to ridiculous prices like you have all seen and mentioned.

This thread just proves that New York City is also a victim of its own success. There is this sort of prestige, trend or somehow "bettered" aspect of attending a U2 performance in the capital of the world, according to some peoples' minds.
To be fair, there usually is a little extra energy in the room at the Garden then at other venues I've seen U2 at. It's a special place, despite the awfulness of the owner.

Back
Top Bottom