Missed the citi presale code, now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2AlwaysForever

The Fly
I managed to get two ga's on the u2.com fan code, but didnt register for the verifiedfan, honestly my fault I was an idiot and had not idea what it was, sounded like a credit card promotion, anyway, I clearly cant buy tickets today, now what do we/I do?

Good question. I tried to register as verified fan and it said i was already registered. If I have a presale code from u2.com that wasn't used, I should be able to use it in the general.

I tried to use my presale code, no dice, I'm wondering how hard this will make it to get tickets and if I'll end up having to pay for 2nd market tickets, exactly what they are trying to prevent.

Good question. I tried to register as verified fan and it said i was already registered. If I have a presale code from u2.com that wasn't used, I should be able to use it in the general.

The codes are not transferable from one (pre)sale to another. Hold on to your U2.com presale code, in case there is another show announced for your city. If there is a U2.com presale for that show (which there almost certainly would be), your code should still be good for that.

Not in the general presale going on today you won't. The U2.com and Citi presales codes were only good for last week, they will not work today. It's possible unused codes will work for presales for added dates whenever they go on sale but no one has confirmed that yet.

Did anyone get a regular TM verified fan code for today's onsale, especially for West Coast dates?

Got the email, still waiting on the code...:|

Yeah, I got the "You've Been Selected For The VF Presale" email from TM late last night (Sunday) but no text code yet as of 7:30am for the LA show I'm trying for at 10am.

I got a code for Vegas about 10 minutes ago. I don't believe for one minute that these codes are city-specific, even though that's what they want us to think. I was able to check multiple cities during the Innocence presale last week.

I was gonna try for Vegas/LA as well, its weird they did this to prevent secondarymarket tickets, but now that's exactly how I'll get tickets.

I got a code for Vegas about 10 minutes ago. I don't believe for one minute that these codes are city-specific, even though that's what they want us to think. I was able to check multiple cities during the Innocence presale last week.

I signed up for Montreal, Boston and DC because i wasn't sure where we were going to go and they all came in a couple of hours before the on sale time and they were all different for each city.

I signed up for Montreal, Boston and DC because i wasn't sure where we were going to go and they all came in a couple of hours before the on sale time and they were all different for each city.

I'm not saying the codes are the same for each city, just that I don't see anything preventing buyers from shopping other cities - and I highly doubt they'll be matching up codes > city purchased. It's all such bullshit - creates even more artificial demand and screws the real fans.

Had no problem getting the codes, but there were hardly an tickets available that didn't cost $330 for NYC today.

Back
Top Bottom