How old were your kids when you took them to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
I know I may be getting too daring here, but I have a 3.5 year old who loves him some U2.

Am I crazy to consider taking him to a show???

Honestly I think that's too young.
It varies by kid, and you know your kid best, but 3.5 just seems way too young to me. My kid was 11 when we took him to his first concert.

Your son will have to deal with loud noise (noise cancelling headphones are a must for a young kid at a show, not just earplugs), obnoxious other concert goers who are drunk, swearing (and singer who may swear) and possibly smoking weed nearby. Obviously a U2 crowd is tamer than some other crowds, but there are still plenty of buzzed and drunk folks in the audience.

And he'll be up presumably well past his bed time, are you prepared to leave early if he can't handle things?

Just my $.02, good luck with what you decide to do.

My son is 6, and he’s somewhat of a U2 fan. He loves SOI, and his favorite songs are The Miracle, EBW and Ordinary Love. I just don’t think he’s quite old enough yet, and I think I’d spend the whole time worrying about him vs the concert. If U2 tour again in a few years, I will Definitely take him then.

I took my 6 year old (now 7) to see the JT last year in Dallas. He did very good but it some ways it was too overwhelming. We sat Red Zone but the trek to/from the stadium, making sure he was good (food, restroom), and watching others (drunks) it can be a lot for kids. He crashed out during Mothers of Dissapear. Which sucked because he missed the encore (BD & Elevation)

It being an arena show and getting seats it might be ok. I think 7-10 is a really good age to take a kid to a U2 show. 3.5 might be a little too young. A rock show is a lot to take on for anyone, especially for kids. There are many factors that come in play taking a kid somewhere especially a U2 show.

If anything. Make it a night at home. Make fake tickets, get some snacks & drinks, put on a U2 concert DVD, & crank it up!! I'm sure they'll enjoy that.

I took my 8 year old daughter to 360 in Houston, we had club level seats. Club level is great, much less crowded and no lines for the restrooms and merch table.
Last year for JT30 we had GA, and she loved it.

Last edited:
I took my son, who was 11 at the time, to 360 in Montreal. We did GA, and it was pretty warm that day. I don't know how may people they fit on that field in Montreal, but it was a mob scene. He was worn out and didn't enjoy it. So when I took my ten year old daughter to I&E in Chicago, we did seats. A much more pleasant experience for me and her. We are all going together to the Atlanta show in less than a month. We'll be doing GA, but they're 17 an 13 now. Fuck, I'm old.

I took my 8 year old daughter (now 9) To JT Twickenham last year. Seated. She loved it but had a 2 song nap at the end of first set. Started dancing again with Elevation and Vertigo !!! :up:
I take her to SOE/SOI in October for Milano. Also seated...

I think 6 years old is the limit... under you might spoil your concert holding your kid... :|

I know I may be getting too daring here, but I have a 3.5 year old who loves him some U2.

Am I crazy to consider taking him to a show???

Make him not watch during the MacPhisto part.....

honestly think it's WAY too young. Lot's of noise and impressions, it will be too much to handle

I have a 3.5 year old who's favorite song is American Soul.

This is why he's not allowed to come.

Hahah

My 2 year old rocks out when 'Best Thing' comes on. I'll always affiliate that song with him. I can never hate it.

My 7 year old likes Raised By Wolves & Iris. Pretty dark kid

My 11 year old twins went to their very first concert on Saturday night in Omaha. They were center walkway, up against the rail, and when the screen lifted and Bono was literally RIGHT in front of them, they nearly pissed themselves.

Bad daddy forgot the earplugs, so I'd recommend that. But they loved it. The people around them were very caring and protective of them. My son sang along to every song. My daughter--a little fashion maven herself-- couldn't stop talking about Edge's cool Converses.

Took my 6 year old and 8 year old twins to Minneapolis 360 Tour in 2011. It poured rain and thundered like crazy. The 8 year olds were fine, my six year old daughter, not so much.

I would not take a child that young personally but if you do, get the earplugs ... this tour is loud inside the building.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think my own common sense has prevailed and I am not taking the little guy.

Sometimes I just get carried away with things....

Cheers folks and enjoy your shows.

I am looking forward to Boston 1.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom