How many concerts to attend this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This settles it, I'm selling all 5 shows I have now and going to both DC shows just because it sounds impossible to get there! Can't wait!

I will never knock a band for playing their new material, but unless you’re a huge fan of SoE, one show might be enough. There were some good bits (Acrobat), and some new tracks that gained a ton live (The Blackout), but overall this tour is lazy. It’s the same show as it was a couple years ago, down to the exact same graphics/speeches/choreography. And they made some seriously suspect decisions - like closing with a dud and walking off without a bow to a completely silent arena. Everyone shuffled out like zombies. Not a single woo to be heard anywhere.

Then again, they will most likely dump some of the garbage by the end of the first leg.

Frankly, at the current rate, if you go to just one show you're going to somehow hear more individual songs than if you go to two.

Just wait for Bono to reprise his botched 'One with everything' 'joke'

Have tickets for two, considering up to 4. After the setlist settling into what it is right now, I am going to 1. The set is just way too many songs that I don't care at all about seeing.

Sure it will still be a good show, but not worth the time, effort, and money for the set they are currently playing. After seeing ever tour since zootv at least 4x, it seems weird to not go to more.

Barstool seats at MSG? How are they for concerts? Can you stand up if you want since no one is behind you? I recall being at a comedy show and i think MSG staff yelled at me for standing... even better is when I realized I was in wrong row because they just put them in, more yelling. I've had a few fights with MSG staff at U2 shows over really dumb things. Those guys love to give you shit. Not as bad as the state police during my U2 show in foxboro who yelled at us to get back in the car... concerts are a great way to get stressed out of you fucking mind too!

Why do I want to go to 5 of these POS? Oh yeah, I love U2.

I'm going to Nashville and Atlanta. I think they'll both be pretty solid shows as they haven't played either city in some time. Plus one night only in each means they hopefully bring the goods. GA both shows, really excited despite my grumblings about the encore lol.

If they shake things up a good amount for the European dates I might try to make a little trip out of it later this year. Doubtful but we'll see.

Based on how things are settling, it doesn't make much sense to go to consecutive shows. I can't speak for seeing two shows several weeks apart.

Based on how things are settling, it doesn't make much sense to go to consecutive shows. I can't speak for seeing two shows several weeks apart.

Normally I'd say go to the 2nd night of a multi-night stand but apparently not good advice for this tour.

Barstool seats at MSG? How are they for concerts? Can you stand up if you want since no one is behind you? I recall being at a comedy show and i think MSG staff yelled at me for standing... even better is when I realized I was in wrong row because they just put them in, more yelling. I've had a few fights with MSG staff at U2 shows over really dumb things. Those guys love to give you shit. Not as bad as the state police during my U2 show in foxboro who yelled at us to get back in the car... concerts are a great way to get stressed out of you fucking mind too!

Why do I want to go to 5 of these POS? Oh yeah, I love U2.
If MSG staff can fuck over Charles Oakley, they can fuck over anyone.

Fucking Dolan. :shakesangryfist:

If MSG staff can fuck over Charles Oakley, they can fuck over anyone.

Fucking Dolan. :shakesangryfist:

That's best point ever made on this site. Still mind boggling. Did they think he was Karl Malone?

I think 2 shows might be the right call this tour. Maybe back to back nights for best shot at not hearing same set list?

I want horses, I won't get horses, will I ? Maybe in NYC. Maybe.

She repeated kprep too. So I saw her graduate last year. If I knew they would play the showman at Boston 2 id skip graduation and scar her for life.

Just like u2 my daughter is repeating the same show.

The answer is 2 for me. Although, I think 1 would be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom