How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sold out status after like 15 mins or so. There were some single seats dropping now and then though.

iqYgenn.png

This is why i do like Stadiums its just sooo much easier too get tixs the demand here is cleary of the scale they did 2 nights @ Twickenham last year 150,000 tixs maybe then they just drop 2 nights @ 02 & 2 @ MEN thats still like only 1 night in Twickenham but i know that screen aint going too work too good in Stadiums.

Relatively easier to get tickets for stadiums, sometimes they sell out less than in an hour as well for high demand concerts anyway so. But as an experience i have come to like arena and smaller gigs than stadium ones. I preferred stadiums when i was starting out going to concerts because it was 'cooler' to watch a bigger concert.

I managed to get tickets to all 4 arena gigs in Stockholm 2015. 2x GA, 1 x Red Zone and 1x seat in best section.

I managed to snab tickets to both gigs at Metlife this summer, 1 GA i got the day before the concert at lunch time (call me lucky) and seat in best section i got when booking my trip.

Last edited:
Relatively easier to get tickets for stadiums, sometimes they sell out less than in an hour as well for high demand concerts anyway so. But as an experience i have come to like arena and smaller gigs than stadium ones. I preferred stadiums when i was starting out going to concerts because it was 'cooler' to watch a bigger concert.

I managed to get tickets to all 4 arena gigs in Stockholm 2015. 2x GA, 1 x Red Zone and 1x seat in best section.

I managed to snab tickets to both gigs at Metlife this summer, 1 GA i got the day before the concert at lunch time (call me lucky) and seat in best section i got when booking my trip.

Even the resale market is relatively cheap for stadiums.

A GA ticket was only X2 face Value for most stadiums last year.

Arena GA’s on the seecondary market are 4X or 5X face value.

Just curious to why your wife would be unhappy if you go away a few days to see a show. Why would that ruin a marriage i mean? I suppose you are together like 350+ days of the year anyway...

Wonder how people that work on oil rigs or such manage marriage.
You don't see the difference between someone being away for employment vs someone being away for fun?

DON'T RUIN MY DREAMS!!!!! Lol, yeah I know it'll probably never happen. It'd just be nice to leave a U2 show and be in my own bed an hour later!

I'll say this, Columbus Ohio, has a better chance of an arena show than either Pittsburgh, Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Lexington, or Louisville. A good arena market that has gone 17 years without a show. The surrounding markets just got tapped with stadium shows for Joshua Tree. U2 played to 43,000 people in Columbus on the Popmart tour. One of only 9 cities in the United States where U2 were able to attract 40,000+ people to a Popmart show.

Literally every other major artist makes Columbus a regular stop on their tour. It's really not some little podunk town like some of you think it is. It's a big city with a large concentration of young people, and it's geographic location is in the center of the 7th most populated state in the country.

But, I realize U2 don't your like most artists, and that they'll never be back!

Literally every other major artist makes Columbus a regular stop on their tour. It's really not some little podunk town like some of you think it is. It's a big city with a large concentration of young people, and it's geographic location is in the center of the 7th most populated state in the country.

But, I realize U2 don't your like most artists, and that they'll never be back!
It's nothing against Columbus... but the band have made their tour intentions fairly obvious over the last few go around.

Plus the Elevation show in Columbus didn't "sell out", because they didn't sell any tickets behind the stage and hung a curtain.

Plus the Elevation show in Columbus didn't "sell out", because they didn't sell any tickets behind the stage and hung a curtain.

Failing to sell seats behind the stage on the Elevation tour happened in many cities including, St. Louis, Kansas City, Tampa, Sacramento, Indianapolis, Lexington, Houston, Charlotte, and Pittsburgh.

Besides the Popmart Tour and Elevation Tour, U2 came to Columbus on the Boy Tour on April 19, 1981 playing at the AGORA. Its now called the Newport Music Hall. They claim to be "America's Longest Continually Running Rock Club".

Also the first leg of the Experience And Innocence Tour is playing Tulsa OK and Nashville TN, two cities that are smaller than Columbus and not regular tour stops from tour to tour, for U2.

U2.com: U2 Announce One-Off "The Unforgettable Fire 34" Gymnasium Show, Special Presale For Verified Pearl Jam Fan® And Verified Sting Fan® Hologram Replicants At 1997 Prices

Last edited:
Failing to sell seats behind the stage on the Elevation tour happened in many cities including, St. Louis, Kansas City, Tampa, Sacramento, Indianapolis, Lexington, Houston, Charlotte, and Pittsburgh.

Besides the Popmart Tour and Elevation Tour, U2 came to Columbus on the Boy Tour on April 19, 1981 playing at the AGORA. Its now called the Newport Music Hall. They claim to be "America's Longest Continually Running Rock Club".

Also the first leg of the Experience And Innocence Tour is playing Tulsa OK and Nashville TN, two cities that are smaller than Columbus and not regular tour stops from tour to tour, for U2.

Hey, Back in 2007 my band played at the Newport. It just now occurred to me that I've played on the same stage as U2!

Awesome. Did you cover any U2 songs?

Sadly no. We were an opening band for a fairly popular local college band. Can't remember their name now. We mostly just played original songs, and closed with Tom Petty's "Runnin down a dream".

I was never able to get Edge's guitar effects right. The only U2 songs we were able to pull off were "I will follow" and "Vertigo". Drummer hated U2, so I didn't push it too hard.

Chicago 2 has upper level tickets with full frontal view of the stage at the $106 ticket price. It looks though that these will remain unsold until May. Chicago has had a lot of shows over the past several years. 5 arena shows in 2015 and 2 stadium shows in 2017. They combined for over 200,000 tickets sold.

Chicago 2 doesn't look great, and I blame over saturation combined with high prices. Chicago is a city that's typically been great to U2.

I think both shows will fill up by showtime, but prices will need reduced.

So I saw today that seats in the section above mine in Milan are €224 for the first show, so it looks like they did reduce the price of some sections for the third Milan show since mine was only €120, unless they had really wacky pricing and priced the lower section lower than the upper one. Hopefully this will move tix a bit faster and there will be a Milan 4.

Still seats left for Manchester, the usual expensive seats in the uppers and corners

Looking at what's left for Milan 3, I am not optimistic about a fourth show, plenty of top price seats lower and upper, and there is even still RED Zone and VIP Silver (slightly cheaper than top price but with swag included) available. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom