GA "Line" Shenanigans Part 2: You Just Made The List!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has the GA line for San Diego started yet? I can't wait to meet the disco ball helmet guy.

Please tell me you're not laughing at the fans who have waited in line for nothing.

So the GA folks in SD got kicked off the property and this is where the line is. :doh:

Ridiculous.

KIPldtY.jpg

WTF? REALLY! My friend wants to go and get in line right at 8:00 am just like the OFFICIAL ticketmaster states. Is it worth it now? I mean I will be super piss if we get there and we're like 450 or something.

Tech said:
WTF? REALLY! My friend wants to go and get in line right at 8:00 am just like the OFFICIAL ticketmaster states. Is it worth it now? I mean I will be super piss if we get there and we're like 450 or something.

Depends if you want a rail spot or not. I was in Phoenix last night and we showed up at about 5:45 and were 5 rows from Bono’s Mike stand on the main stage dead centre. That suited us perfectly, it's a tall stage you really don't need the front row on the main stage at least.

I don't get the rail obsession personally. For the KC show my wife and I stood in the way back of GA and had lots of room and an awesome view of the show. For the Chicago show we had seats opposite the screen...also great view. I did close enough to rail on 360 and it was fun but once in a lifetime experience....I need room to move around and stuff.

I want to be on the rail right in front of the stage just once. I've never gotten there early enough for that to happen yet.

Maaaaaaybe once at an arena show, but for stadiums with multiple stages and higher viewing angles nah.

Maaaaaaybe once at an arena show, but for stadiums with multiple stages and higher viewing angles nah.

The b-stage is pretty cool for that sort of thing though, even if it's just for a few songs. Doubt I'll ever get much closer to them at a gig.

Definitely glad I went in later at the following two gigs though. And I was still 2-3 off the b-stage rail and had a great view of TJT set each time. My sister even had the actual rail by the end of Minneapolis, oddly enough!

Has anyone here skipped the checking in process and just rocked up at 8am when the queue officially starts? What numbers did you end up with? Surely you wouldn't be more than 3 rows back at any section of the stage?

I havent, but it seems from what Ive read you probably could still get a pretty good spot that way. Plus its a friday so im guessing it wont be as crazy early on than if it were a sat or sun? Or you could participate in the list shenanigans over by the Ikea/library, see earlier post. They werent even up to 200 yet this morning, but that was a few hrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom