eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE presale group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I managed to get through to ticketbastard, because my cousins haven't even gotten an email,
and the person told me "not everyone gets a code"
I said, that can't be right... and she said "that is what I have been told"
I am now on hold again waiting for a supervisor.

Aside from Ticketbastard being a piece of shit, I keep wondering if this is a kind of liability statement because if the system flags certain accounts as being "scalpers" and thus no code, then overall this is true. Then, theoretically, all "real" fans who dont show scalper-like behavior ( whatever that means) should get a code. This seems to be what Bigwave was trying to explain on the podcast. This is a much different statement than "its a lottery" meaning its random for everyone. I have a hard time believing there is a true lottery, and am wondering if this is just a massive screw up of TB's system, with accordingly misinformed statements by TBs customer service. Hopefully the truth will come out soon but it doesnt change the fact that people are getting screwed for the presale because of the screwed up system.

My friend just got her code by text and I'm still waiting for mine... the anticipation is killing me!! :crack::|

**UPDATE - just got my code at 10:55am....

Last edited:
I was just informed by U2.com that I wasn't selected to participate in today's presale.
I'm apparently still eligible to possibly participate in ANOTHER presale beginning 11/20.

Apparently it's my own fault that I didn't read the fine print and realize that assignment to presale groups would be to random paying subscribers. This means that random paying subscribers would be left out?! crazy.

anyway, U2.com sucks, and U2 sorta sucks for this. I asked what my $50 was for, as in the past I paid it (like most people) to get access to tickets. They had no answers.

I was just informed by U2.com that I wasn't selected to participate in today's presale.
I'm apparently still eligible to possibly participate in ANOTHER presale beginning 11/20.

Apparently it's my own fault that I didn't read the fine print and realize that assignment to presale groups would be to random paying subscribers. This means that random paying subscribers would be left out?! crazy.

anyway, U2.com sucks, and U2 sorta sucks for this. I asked what my $50 was for, as in the past I paid it (like most people) to get access to tickets. They had no answers.

The 11/20 sale is the general sale. That one I believe you have to register on Ticketmaster for the specific date you want to attend. I completed that registration the other day as a backup to the fan club pre-sale. So far it looks as if I am not going to be included in the fan club pre-sale.

This whole process seems to be a total clusterf*ck!!!!

The 11/20 sale is the general sale. That one I believe you have to register on Ticketmaster for the specific date you want to attend. I completed that registration the other day as a backup to the fan club pre-sale. So far it looks as if I am not going to be included in the fan club pre-sale.

This whole process seems to be a total clusterf*ck!!!!

Agreed. Just venting here, but I found this on the Help page on U2.com:

The iNNOCENCE Group are Subscribers who joined or upgraded an expired account after December 25, 2016. These Subscribers will have access on the second day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: UB followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

The statement "these subscribers will have access on the second day etc..." certainly led me to believe I would have access, as one of those subscribers.

Elsewhere on the page there is reference to select subscribers. This phrase definitely does not allude to select subscribers. Fuck these guys. I'm on hold for a refund. Pretty pissed right now. C'est la vie. Once I get my $ back i'll move it along. Like I said, just venting.

So after calling here's the information I received. My father's account was chosen for the presale, mine was not. However, she told me that if I am interested in any ADDITIONAL DATES that may be added on 11/20, then I should hold onto my U2 subscription to have the chance to have access to the added dates.

So in summary, they are definitely adding dates, and if you want a chance at those dates, I would hold onto the subscription. She also added that if after all that I do not receive access to the added dates, then I could always call back and get a refund.

Agreed. Just venting here, but I found this on the Help page on U2.com:

The iNNOCENCE Group are Subscribers who joined or upgraded an expired account after December 25, 2016. These Subscribers will have access on the second day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: UB followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

The statement "these subscribers will have access on the second day etc..." certainly led me to believe I would have access, as one of those subscribers.

Elsewhere on the page there is reference to select subscribers. This phrase definitely does not allude to select subscribers. Fuck these guys. I'm on hold for a refund. Pretty pissed right now. C'est la vie. Once I get my $ back i'll move it along. Like I said, just venting.

Check your PM inbox, please.

So after calling here's the information I received. My father's account was chosen for the presale, mine was not. However, she told me that if I am interested in any ADDITIONAL DATES that may be added on 11/20, then I should hold onto my U2 subscription to have the chance to have access to the added dates.

So in summary, they are definitely adding dates, and if you want a chance at those dates, I would hold onto the subscription. She also added that if after all that I do not receive access to the added dates, then I could always call back and get a refund.

Awesome. They didn't tell me any of that when I was on the line. Working for a refund because fuck those guys. will try my luck on the regular sale date, and if no luck, so be it, but not gonna kill myself. I feel guilty being this pissed about this sort of first world problem nonsense, but it really doesn't feel great to have the fan club or whatever pull this shit.

Agreed. The Ticketmaster snafu in 2005 wasn't really their fault per se but this one is definitely something that should've been avoided. This looked deliberately worded vaguely to trick people into signing up without knowing they'd be unlikely to get a code.

Agreed. The Ticketmaster snafu in 2005 wasn't really their fault per se but this one is definitely something that should've been avoided. This looked deliberately worded vaguely to trick people into signing up without knowing they'd be unlikely to get a code.

Absolutely.

Some folks have reported being told it was a 90/10 split on those who got chosen/didn't. Its absurd to even bother knocking 10% of folks out of the presale. There are tickets left after yesterday to buy (though not necessarily GA) so those 10% could have participated yesterday and many/most would have gotten tix. If somebody got shut out, that was always a risk, happened to me in 2015, but I then used my code when they added 2 more Boston shows. Absolutely no reason not to give a code to any legit subscriber ( I agree with not giving codes to folks with multiple accounts, that's stated in the rules).

Yup. that's certainly the case for me. The shifty wording, low-key rollout of the changes - I didn't even notice these things. Busy with life, y'know. Given the consistent methodology for presales on the past few tours, I made the mistake of thinking it would remain as-is (as-was) - ie: sign up and get in on the presale.

Next thing you know you'll have to open a Citibank credit card to get access. U2.com memberships won't get you anything.

alright, I'm about over it. Thanks for letting me vent and being kind, interference.

How much are tickets?

Looking at getting seats for Las Vegas (taking 7 year old) and I'm thinking those will be very pricey vs GA

How much are tickets?

Looking at getting seats for Las Vegas (taking 7 year old) and I'm thinking those will be very pricey vs GA

There are a bunch of price levels, from $41 up to $325 (plus venue fees and Ticketmaster fees)
Most of the good seats that have a full screen view are the $325.00

There are some reasonably priced decent seats (I looked at Boston, so Vegas may differ), the corners beside the main stage were $106 and corners at the other end were $76 (same as GA). If you get the best of those corner seats you would still have a good view of the screen.

Signed up for membership expecting to get the code to purchase tickets. No code. So, I called and got a refund.

I'll take the $50 membership fee and apply it towards a stubhub purchase.

F these guys. What a s**t way to treat your fans.

There are a bunch of price levels, from $41 up to $325 (plus venue fees and Ticketmaster fees)
Most of the good seats that have a full screen view are the $325.00

There are some reasonably priced decent seats (I looked at Boston, so Vegas may differ), the corners beside the main stage were $106 and corners at the other end were $76 (same as GA). If you get the best of those corner seats you would still have a good view of the screen.

Yeah, I was kind of looking at the lower level. Its not really U2's fault on the pricing. The whole touring/concert experience for anyone is expensive.

$100 isn't bad for a U2 show in 2017

Well after 30 minutes on hold with U2.com it was determined I am not int eh pre-sale group, so no code for me. I told the lady I wanted to cancel my membership and get a refund. She completed the request for cancellation.

This whole thing is a disaster for the fans they are supposedly trying to protect.

Back
Top Bottom