eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE presale group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like a moron, and part of the problem I fully admit, I got lower bowl seats for 3x the amount I was planning on paying (originally wanted GA). My guess is they weren't allowing GA sales in DC until the general public sale which is a bunch of bullshit.

I think I'm about done with my membership with u2.com. The fact they made no regular lower level side seats available for MSG in this presale is disgusting. Only if you wanna purchase VIP tickets. I'm better off just paying jacked up prices on stubhub. At least that site is honest with what's happening. I was on right at 7am(10am est) and have been looking all morning. There was NEVER a single seat available in the 6 lower bowl side sections at MSG. It's disgusting.

I'm fucking done. Fuck this bullshit. Vegas tickets just went onsale and the 4 main side sections in the lower bowl were not availabe to us. This is so disrespectful to fans.

I think I'm about done with my membership with u2.com. The fact they made no regular lower level side seats available for MSG in this presale is disgusting. Only if you wanna purchase VIP tickets. I'm better off just paying jacked up prices on stubhub. At least that site is honest with what's happening. I was on right at 7am(10am est) and have been looking all morning. There was NEVER a single seat available in the 6 lower bowl side sections at MSG. It's disgusting.

I'm fucking done. Fuck this bullshit. Vegas tickets just went onsale and the 4 main side sections in the lower bowl were not availabe to us. This is so disrespectful to fans.

This is the way that snake Oseary operates.
It was the same thing for Lady Gaga on her tour earlier in the year ,no decent lower seats available at all in the presale or general sale as they were all being held back for VIP packs .
When they couldn't move the ludicrously priced VIP seats they would release them as normal priced seats closer to the event date.
Very cynical and lousy thing to do to the fans but the artists only care about $$$$.

I rarely buy tickets in general sale now ,I will wait until close to the event for a drop .

I tried using the link they texted me on my laptop, and kept getting search errors. I finally just tried bringing up the link on my phone, and it worked! 2 GA Floor for San Jose! Apparently the laptop idea was a bad idea!

This is the way that snake Oseary operates.
It was the same thing for Lady Gaga on her tour earlier in the year ,no decent lower seats available at all in the presale or general sale as they were all being held back for VIP packs .
When they couldn't move the ludicrously priced VIP seats they would release them as normal priced seats closer to the event date.
Very cynical and lousy thing to do to the fans but the artists only care about $$$$.

I rarely buy tickets in general sale now ,I will wait until close to the event for a drop .

Yeah it's patehtic. i'd have more respect for it if they just said this is how it is but they lie to fans.

1. They say they want tickets to get into the hands of real fans yet they don't make all the sections and best seats available to real fans
2. They limit the most loyal of the loyal fans who continue to keep up their membership to 2 tickets for the entire tour yet the general sale can buy 4 tickets per show. It makes no sense.
3. the services fees are asinine. for 2 upper level seats in Vegas it's $70 US in services fees. As a Canadian I'm basically paying $100 in service fees for two tickets.

Though this expereince in purchaing tickets is not new, this is the first time it's killed all my enjoyment of this kind of thing and my interest in this tour feels all but gone.

I can go buy a house instead :lol:

I've been a long time subscriber to U2.com, and before that Propaganda.

I got the email notice two weeks ago or whatever saying that you had to be a renewed subscriber and walking us all through the steps we had to take. I logged on, followed the steps and the information, and saw that I was already verified. Called a week ago to double check and they confirmed it. Got an email yesterday saying I would have my code texted to me. I did, and logged in this morning at 10 am and got 2 GAs for LA, no problem. I may try again during the Citi sale. We'll see.

I'm not sure how widespread the issue is in terms of legit fans not getting qualified. If U2 was indeed trying to shut down scalpers, it's no surprise to me that people with multiple accounts got blocked from the presale. They can't really go on a case-by-case basis and decide which account holders with five separate accounts are legit or not. There's only so much they can do, and U2 have long been frustrated by the touts and scalpers. If a whole mess of people got blocked from the presale, that's a real problem and they should do something to address it. But if you had a bunch of accounts, then it would seem like that's part of the problem.

Additionally, I notice that a few of the angry people posting here seem to be very new posters in Interference (10 posts, 15 posts, etc), furious that they have not received verified fan status. While it's not my place to question the veracity of the fandom of these posters (it's not everybody, but it's certainly some), it seems a little curious to me that they would know to come here after not getting tickets, but not know to turn up before to get info ahead of time (Interference, like other fan sites, was offering the best info possible). Scalpers have long been known to frequent sites like this, so... *shrug*.

Last edited:
Bear in mind the @U2 forums shut down a few weeks ago, so some people have migrated over here. That accounts for a lot of new posters we've seen recently.

I've been a long time subscriber to U2.com, and before that Propaganda.

I got the email notice two weeks ago or whatever saying that you had to be a renewed subscriber and walking us all through the steps we had to take. I logged on, followed the steps and the information, and saw that I was already verified. Called a week ago to double check and they confirmed it. Got an email yesterday saying I would have my code texted to me. I did, and logged in this morning at 10 am and got 2 GAs for LA, no problem. I may try again during the Citi sale. We'll see.

I'm not sure how widespread the issue is in terms of legit fans not getting qualified. If U2 was indeed trying to shut down scalpers, it's no surprise to me that people with multiple accounts got blocked from the presale. They can't really go on a case-by-case basis and decide which account holders with five separate accounts are legit or not. There's only so much they can do, and U2 have long been frustrated by the touts and scalpers. If a whole mess of people got blocked from the presale, that's a real problem and they should do something to address it. But if you had a bunch of accounts, then it would seem like that's part of the problem.

Additionally, I notice that a few of the angry people posting here seem to be very new posters in Interference (10 posts, 15 posts, etc), furious that they have not received verified fan status. While it's not my place to question the veracity of the fandom of these posters (it's not everybody, but it's certainly some), it seems a little curious to me that they would know to come here after not getting tickets, but not know to turn up before to get info ahead of time (Interference, like other fan sites, was offering the best info possible). Scalpers have long been known to frequent sites like this, so... *shrug*.

I don't disagree with any of this, and I don't post that often here (you lot are a little intimidating for newcomers) but I can say I am someone with only one account, in experience as a long time member, and didn't get a code. I called and had a chat and was told this was a Lottery and sometimes people don't win the Lottery. They said it was a 90/10 split, 90 percent got a code, the rest of us didn't. But hey, I see there are a ton of tickets on StubHub so I'll just grab one from a scalper.

Bear in mind the @U2 forums shut down a few weeks ago, so some people have migrated over here. That accounts for a lot of new posters we've seen recently.

True. And I don't visit here much anymore. I get that. But several posters seem to have only joined today.

TartItUp said:
(you lot are a little intimidating for newcomers)

Totally agree. One of the reasons I stepped out.

Oh man, reading all of this is making me sceptic... I hope thing change / get worked out by European pre-sale. I have no idea what is going on, just notice that on my account, option to re-new my membership, has been removed. It is valid until end of January, but the option to renew it was on my account until few days ago - not it#s gone...whatever that means. Fair enough, I wasn't interested in participating in US pre-sale anyways, but still, kind of strange to see it removed - specially sind I was about to renew my membership today. well, at least I pre-ordered the album so hopefully I get my pre-sale codes :) :hmm::hmm:

LadySpinHead said:
I had 2 and was logged in, but AXS kept asking for my password anyway and rejecting it. Lost the tickets, and have been trying ever since :down:

I got the same error on AXS, so I just made a new account and the tickets went through. Hope you'll get some too

This has to be the easiest presale for me in a long time. Immediately pulled the 2 GA's I wanted for Chicago. I did find it strange that they abandoned the credit card entry to return to hard tickets as that seem to be an extra (certainly not insurmountable) hurdle to make scalping more difficult. I came here out of a morbid curiosity to see what had been screwed up for others and disappointed to see some not getting tickets and hope all works out some way in the end to get folks on here into a show. I assume that there will be additional shows announced for Chicago, Boston, NY, LA, Montreal and maybe a few different cities added (Toronto) and another round of presales to hopefully get things right for those that got a short straw the first go around.

I am assuming the Citi presale will conflict with the fan presale and if you got your 2 ticket max in the fan presale that you probably shouldn't try for two in the Citi Presale if you get a code?

Actually acknowledging there is a lottery for a pre-sale is baffling beyond belief?

It's been a bleedin lottery since 2005!

Sometimes it's better to say nothing u2.com, peeps would be non the wiser!

This has to be the easiest presale for me in a long time. Immediately pulled the 2 GA's I wanted for Chicago. I did find it strange that they abandoned the credit card entry to return to hard tickets as that seem to be an extra (certainly not insurmountable) hurdle to make scalping more difficult. I came here out of a morbid curiosity to see what had been screwed up for others and disappointed to see some not getting tickets and hope all works out some way in the end to get folks on here into a show. I assume that there will be additional shows announced for Chicago, Boston, NY, LA, Montreal and maybe a few different cities added (Toronto) and another round of presales to hopefully get things right for those that got a short straw the first go around.

I am assuming the Citi presale will conflict with the fan presale and if you got your 2 ticket max in the fan presale that you probably shouldn't try for two in the Citi Presale if you get a code?

I had no problem with getting two GA to Chicago either (knock on wood). I didn't realize that hard tickets could be sent so I just did eticket on my ticketmaster app. My friend is holding onto her presale code so maybe to use for a future additional Chicago date.

Sorry for the repeat post, but I have a dumb question: if I missed out on the presale today, Can I use my experience code in tomorrow’s innocence presale?

To Nathan 1977. I was very wide spread that legit fans with one account were shut out for this presale. Get an email saying good to go the another saying oops sorry you get nothing. I might not post here often but I first saw this band in Tiffanys ballroom Glasgow Scotland. 1979 I believe. Been to two or three shows every tour since. Now I'm not eligible for a presale. Hope you enjoy your sho Nathan but for me u2 can f##ck right off with this bs. I'm done with them. As far as the new album goes. They know where they can shove it.

My big issue with this presale, as I could have easily got GA tickets or tickets in the upper levels or at the back, is I wanted lower level seats in the sections on the side. There were literally none available for us in NY, Chicago, LA, Vegas and I assume if thats' the case it was the same for all places. Unless you wanted to pay for VI{P packages they did not make the best seats in the house available to the long time paying subscribed, verified fans. It's incredibly disrespectful in my opinion. That and the fact it didn't make a lick of difference keeping these tickets out of the hands of scalpers is just such a disgrace. There were literally thousands of tickets available on stubhub within a minute of these going on sale.

It just caused me to lose all interest in this tour. It will be the first tour I've missed since I I was old enough to go to shows in 1997. That's unfortunate but I won't be going and that's fine.

Back
Top Bottom