eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE presale group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gah....was hoping I'd be able to apply for a Citi card and get an account number instantly. Nope....so my presale code is useless. Glad GA tix are finding their way to fans on here :up:

Wow, don’t know how I missed all those GAs for New York and Newark. Was on at 9am exactly and got nothing.

I tried the Citi presale and pulled GA tickets for both Chicago and St Louis but chose to keep my hard earned in hopes of an additional Chicago date being added since I got 2 GA's through the Experienced Group Presale

i got to say, it is not not to have to fuck around with all this anymore. good luck folks. unless i get a free GA ticket, my last U2 concert will have been JT30.

I have a Citi card but didn't think about using it because of my U2.com membership. I wanted GA but I got a decent seat in Nashville. I'm holding on to my code for my other ticket in anticipation that they'll add more shows. I want to do a second show at MSG but if I have do seats again I'll just stick to the one show I have in Nashville for this tour.

I’m so irritated I didn’t register for the Citi presale, since I have a card. Lesson learned. I thought the fan club presale would be enough :(

Me too. I only wanted GA and I’m on the outside looking in... code no longer works. Thought I would have more cred via the fan club.

I was online exactly at the onsale time, ready to go, and I still couldn't get GAs (for Newark). I honestly think there weren't any. It does suck. I hope I have better luck in the general sale or for added shows.

I was able to get 1 GA for Newark - in fact that was what popped up first. And - hard ticket arrived in the mail yesterday!!

I got 2 GA for Nassau (Let's call it Long Island, OK) with my eXP code. Got 2 GA for Long Island with my wife's iNN code. Got 2 GA for MSG and 2 GA for Boston with my citi presale code. Totally forgot limit was 4 not 2. Doh.

i got to say, it is not not to have to fuck around with all this anymore. good luck folks. unless i get a free GA ticket, my last U2 concert will have been JT30.

Me too - I say fuck them all, and the new music is crap.

I'm done.

(until they do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour...)

This is all bullshit and they are squeezing every dime out of us they can. I have already spent more money on pre-sale codes than I have actually seeing some of my favorite other bands (including drinks.)

Really not happy about what is going down and until the fans do something about it, it will just continue.

ouizy, if you're still up for it, I've heard reports of Ticketmaster doing outreach to fans who had voiced issues, either on Twitter or in the thread on Zootopia (link not handy, it's in a few other threads, probably the top thread over on their official forum). Heard from one person in another thread who said they were offered 2 GAs to a show of their choice.

Is it true that if you participated in the presale you cannot register for the general sale?

Is it true that if you participated in the presale you cannot register for the general sale?

No, that's not true. You can always register for the general sale.
(Though it might be that if you were successful in the presale for a specific show you might not get a VerifiedFan code for the general sale. Not sure how Ticketmaster's algorithm works.)

There is now a reaction from Guy O'Seary on the presale situation, posted on various U2 sites:
u2songs | Update on eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE tour pre-sales with initial response from Guy Oseary |
On Friday, Nov. 17, a collective of about three dozen fans from around the world, several of whom work for U2 fan sites, contacted U2 and their management to present the concerns many fans have expressed since the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE tour pre-sales started last Tuesday.

With nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the members of U2, we have complete faith that the band will help correct the situation.

In anticipation of this communication, U2 manager Guy Oseary shared this statement and invited us to post it online for fans to read:

“I’m a U2 fan first, their manager second..

I always consider the fan experience in everything we do…

That’s why I’m disappointed to hear from some of our U2.com subscribers about trouble they’ve had getting tickets in this week’s presales..

In previous ticketing sales too many tickets got scooped up by bots or scalpers so this time, for the first time, we’ve been working with the Verified Fan system – to make sure that genuine fans get the tickets. For the majority of subscribers it’s worked cleanly and simply, they got the tickets they wanted in the presales. But every fan club member matters to us… and it’s frustrating to hear that this process has been un-satisfactory for some.

We are looking into this very closely with the team and working on solutions where we can. We will keep you posted.”

I re-uped my membership with the tour announcement and the opening show being less than a mile from my apartment. I was in the Innocence group for the resale. I got the E-mail the night before explaining how I should be getting a text message the next morning,

I got the text with my code at 10:20am (CST). That was a relief after reading that some people never got their codes.

Innocence presale started at Noon (CST) and I was dialed and a ready. Like most, my code wasn't working or available for Innocence. This went on for a few minutes that felt like a few hours. When it finally accepted the Innocence code, no GA was available, one Red Zone, a few lower bowl sections and a few upper bowl sections. I kept trying over and over and the sections would change but never GA.

Figured I'd try the TM app on my iPhone and see if that would be different. Pulled up the Tulsa date, asked for two GAs, put in the code. Two GA tickets pop up for purchase! I went through the whole purchase process and took a screen shot with the order number and the two tickets purchased. I'm glad I took that screenshot because i never got a confirmation E-mail from Ticketmaster regarding my purchase like I always do immediately after a TM purchase. This made me nervous. The ticket purchase wasn;'t showing up on my TM app either. The Avett Bros. tickets I had purchased a couple of weeks ago were there, but not the U2 tickets. This made me quite nervous. I also tried getting tickets again with my code but the code wasn't active. This gave me hope. My bank app also show the purchase pending. This gave me hope.

Later in the day, I call TM customer service to make sure they got the order okay. It took a while to get through, I know it was a tough couple of days for those people answering the TM calls. After I gave them the order number, they said the order was there, and it was all good on their end. This was awesome to hear!

I have also been able to pull up my TM order after filling in my phone number and debit card number. I'm hoping the tickets arrive in my mailbox tomorrow. According to TM, the tickets have been printed and mailed.

I understand I was very fortunate to get GA tickets for Tulsa! I live and work downtown, so hit me up with any Tulsa questions! :applaud:

Yeah, the app worked for me when the laptop wasn't bringing anything up (and I mean literally anything... it just refreshed to what the screen was before it was 10 am every time). A GA quickly popped up on the TM app even after I had to retrieve the code, copy it and click on the link.

After all the crap the Verified system put people through, I received this today:

~~~~~~~

DearXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the delay in replying to your email. We will be glad to assist you today. We are sorry to hear that you received two conflicting emails. We did some research. We were able to locate the presale code that was issued to you. Please see below.

(Phone number) XXX
(Name) XXX
(Email) XXX
(Access code) XXX

If you need assistance, please let us know. Have a safe day.

Sincerely,

Jerry

U2.com Team

~~~~~~~

Great, except the presale is closed. This information helps how?

I'm happy for the people who were able to get tickets, especially considering all of the crap the Verified system put people through. I'd be stoked too. Just this crap may mean this is the last tour for many fans.

They are making outreaches to fans - reply back. Some people are actually being offered GAs to shows, so don't just ignore it.

They are making outreaches to fans - reply back. Some people are actually being offered GAs to shows, so don't just ignore it.
Yep, I responded. The whole situation was a systemic failure, not the fault of any individual (that I know of...). I understand how trying it can be to deal with the public so I tried to be nice about it.

We'll see what happens, but I'll probably have to wait for additional dates to be announced if I can't get anything on Tuesday.

So am I to understand that if I didn't register for the general sale as well as the fan club presale I cannot purchase tickets tomorrow?

Why does the Ticketmaster event page say that the General Onsale and their own Vefiried Fan Onsale start at the same time? Am I missing something?

Boy... they really are covering their butt in the account info page as of this evening.

Back
Top Bottom