European Set Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that even the innocence part? Or just those 2 songs later? It makes no sense really

Take a break, have a diet Coke. The Showman would've been perfect into to "Vertigo" sequence

Listening to best thing about me kygo mix in same spot I heard it from that leak what 2 years ago that made me love the song from jump. Same feeling when I first heard BD leak and that bird soaring sound. Anyway I hope they play this once anywhere close to what the song can live. If they can get American soul stuck in my head imagine if they rocked out this tune. Discotque and this back to back and I’m dead.

Listening to best thing about me kygo mix in same spot I heard it from that leak what 2 years ago that made me love the song from jump. Same feeling when I first heard BD leak and that bird soaring sound. Anyway I hope they play this once anywhere close to what the song can live. If they can get American soul stuck in my head imagine if they rocked out this tune. Discotque and this back to back and I’m dead.

Those full-band electric versions from JT leg3 may be as close as we ever get. Like this one from Kansas City...

Re-listened to Little Things recently. I know we're a broken record about this here, but they gotta work this song into the setlist somehow.

The Little Things HAS to be included! Insanity not to!

When they did it last year on JT nobody knew it yet so there was no singing along.

Now everybody knows it and IMO it is the best song on the album BY FAR!

Why are they so resistant? I see it fitting into the set and making sense if they wanted it to...

Last edited:
Agree on the issue of Little Things.

Europe needs a show tailored to their concerns as opposed to a rehashed American themed one. Also, if they choose to mention Trump, they can go after him a lot harder there since they won't have Trump supporters that they don't want to risk offending.

Last edited:
If the only changes they make are permanently adding Summer of Love and Red Flag Day, then I'm betting on 2 or 3 days before the 1st night.

Last edited:
I’d say there will be a fair bit of work choreographing a European variant of the end of the main set. It’s also U2, and they seem to need a few more sessions than most to get back into it.

Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin has a concert by a German artist on August 24th, and then Kevin Hart stand-up comedy show on the 26th, and then nothing after that until the U2 show on the 31st. My guess is that they'll start moving in on Monday the 27th, and work on some of the new visuals tailored specifically to the European audiences. U2 will arrive possibly on the 29th and run through the set a few times over the next couple days. That's my best guess.

Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin has a concert by a German artist on August 24th, and then Kevin Hart stand-up comedy show on the 26th, and then nothing after that until the U2 show on the 31st. My guess is that they'll start moving in on Monday the 27th, and work on some of the new visuals tailored specifically to the European audiences. U2 will arrive possibly on the 29th and run through the set a few times over the next couple days. That's my best guess.

Old visuals

original.jpg

New visuals

CUm4gV1WEAAmxvh.jpg

Last edited:
Just waiting for people to BOO when he yells that he came to Germany looking for American Soul.

I would guess Summer Of Love is going to be a part of the set seeing as they are plugged the just released remixes. Maybe in the Best Thing (or SATS) acoustic slot?

I'd love to see the second section of the show go into a Zoo smash up... thinking of the iconic intro to Zoo Station with the EU flag. No repeating the past but that stage is made for it. But after Blackout and UTTEOTW it may be too much. Fuck Elevation boys let put a Zoo-like spotlight on the mess going on in Europe. America, the world, too, but don't compromise. I hope they pull out the throttle here like the did in the US!

Back
Top Bottom